REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 123 guests

Dislocated shoulder

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Uncle_WillyIconDislocated shoulder08-01-2019 @ 14:47 
Member 2770, 232 posts
SQ 240, BP 165, DL 300
705.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
Hi guys just wondering if anyone has suffered a dislocated shoulder before. Did mine last night at the gym doing incline db press. Something went and it popped out. Been to a&e and it's been rest, and got an appointment at the fracture clinic on Thursday.

Nothing is broken, so that's a bonus. Looking at rehabilitation times and possibly how it will affect my strongman and powerlifting in the future. Anyone suffered this and made it back to where they were before. Thanks.
WILLSANIcon...08-01-2019 @ 21:22 
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
I tore my labrum when my shoulder dislocated doing btn jerks. after that it kept dislocating when I went heavy overhead. tried to get some help with it through the nhs but they didnt know their arse from their elbow. in the end after doing a bit of reading around and speaking to bish about it, I decided to rehab it by cutting out all the heavy overhead work and only doing strict type pressing with low weight, high volume. the idea being to build up muscle mass around the shoulder which would, in turn, help hold my shoulder stay in the socket. cant exactly remember how long I did that for but it was at least 3 months id say and then eased back in with heavier work. It hasnt dislocated since then although I tend to do far less heavy singles than I used to - which is probably for the better anyway!
Uncle_WillyIcon...08-01-2019 @ 22:52 
Member 2770, 232 posts
SQ 240, BP 165, DL 300
705.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
Thanks for the response. Not hoping for much help from the nhs but I have a good phsyio nearby so might see if they have any suggestions
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions