You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWSM line-up

WSM line-up

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... ... 2526272829303132333435

Wayne_CowdreyIcon...01-01-2019 @ 21:00 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22043 posts
slimsim said:
I also think Thor needs to stop being such a mardy bas***d!!

Not the most endearing competitor!
slimsimIcon...01-01-2019 @ 21:27 
My asshole is not watertight.
Member 2926, 6050 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 107.5, DL 225
550.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
Mikeneto said:Tbf when i first saw Shaw's final deadlift it didn't look locked, on the replay it looked better.

People love calling a no lift on here and when the people are in their right to do so when it actually matters, they are made out to be a bad guy.

But according to the commentators Thor was disputing it was completed in time, not that it wasn’t locked out and anyone could hear that Shaw was given the down signal a split second before the bout ended.
PeteHodgsonIcon...01-01-2019 @ 22:16 
Has little understanding of the sugden
Member 677, 11338 posts
SQ 165, BP 125, DL 220
510.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
slimsim said:
I also think Thor needs to stop being such a mardy bas***d!!

Not the most endearing competitor!

Is it Thor, or his 'team' making these calls?
MikenetoIcon...01-01-2019 @ 23:03 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1964 posts
slimsim said:
But according to the commentators Thor was disputing it was completed in time, not that it wasn’t locked out and anyone could hear that Shaw was given the down signal a split second before the bout ended.

I watched the US version a few months back and on that I thought Shaw got given a very soft last rep, I don't think they showed any of the drama on their coverage. UK broadcasting loves turning sport into a pantomime(good guy, bad guy).

But as I said, on the replay it actually looked better, but I guess slo-mo will make a bar look more under control. But he did get the down signal before the whistle so can only go off the judges.

I also think Thor's reps on the viking press should have been allowed last year.
93hopkinsonrIcon...01-01-2019 @ 23:20 
Mr.Potato deadlift
Member 2675, 4630 posts
SQ 300, BP 200, DL 300
800.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
I don’t know if Shaw had given up or was too injured, but he didn’t really seem to go for it on the stones. Sad to see I thought. He seemed quite far behind Thor this year almost on every event.

I can’t wait for the Arnold’s now
MikenetoIcon...02-01-2019 @ 01:23 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1964 posts
93hopkinsonr said:I don’t know if Shaw had given up or was too injured, but he didn’t really seem to go for it on the stones. Sad to see I thought. He seemed quite far behind Thor this year almost on every event.

I can’t wait for the Arnold’s now

Arm was injured, why risk further injury when victory isn't possible. Live to fight another day.
yiannisIcon...02-01-2019 @ 07:20 
'Laurel'
Member 4532, 484 posts
SQ 260, BP 175, DL 270
705.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
Thor needs to stop moaning as its giving a bad impression of him.

Keleszkowski is insane one of my favourites atm

Someone that really impressed me was Els and would like to see more of him. I think in the giants live shows he should get the invite over bibby who if he didn't have a big Overhead I think he would be average.
The_Lone_WolfIcon...02-01-2019 @ 09:03 
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2996 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
Huge fan of Els, who genuinely seemed like a good man and very passionate and hungry competitior. Was good to see him in the finals, and I loved watching him on the loading medley.

Killa is just a specimen!!! Such an impressive athlete who still has age on his side. His speed and power are incredible. Well done to him.

Shaw didn’t look at the races again, and the injury took its toll mentally and physically. Overheard let him down again though when it mattered, and Belsak besting him on the truck pull didn’t help.

Thor is a monster, and supreme specimen. He’s been painted out to be the panto villain, with the huge diva entourage and hissy fit antics. He’s also been coached in how to talk to the cameras too. In years gone by he would just shout like an angry crazed mong kid who’s just missed the ice cream truck. Now he’s trying to think about what he says to try and come across better on camera... Which I feel is a bit false. He won though and had an unstoppable year.

Sad to see Z just dissolve like a dropped wotsit in the rain. Old Father Time really is taking its toll.
AdamTIcon...02-01-2019 @ 09:14 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
Thor was a monster and I think it will be pretty hard to stop him while he is motivated.

Big fan of Mateuz. I predicted he would be a future winner when he first competed at strongman and it seems his only real weakness is deadlift (which does seem to be improving slightly).

I would love to see big Brian win another WSM, but it's going to be really tough. I just don't think he can beat current Thor and with the amount of good guys coming through, I see him struggling to be near as dominant.

I would just like to add I thought Eddie Hall was fantastic

I hadn't been his biggest fan over the years, but he definitely comes across as a sound bloke.

Looked much healthier as well and still HUGE!
The_Lone_WolfIcon...02-01-2019 @ 14:46 
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2996 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
AdamT said:Thor was a monster and I think it will be pretty hard to stop him while he is motivated.

Big fan of Mateuz. I predicted he would be a future winner when he first competed at strongman and it seems his only real weakness is deadlift (which does seem to be improving slightly).

I would love to see big Brian win another WSM, but it's going to be really tough. I just don't think he can beat current Thor and with the amount of good guys coming through, I see him struggling to be near as dominant.

I hadn't been his biggest fan over the years, but he definitely comes across as a sound bloke.

I’d love to see Brian win a 5th, but he’s starting to age now and despite only doing the big comps every year, he does keep picking up injuries which compromises his performance. Add to that, he doesn’t seem to be improving much, which could be the injuries again.

I’m glad Ed retired and stuck to his word. I’m also very glad Ed shook Thor’s hand and gave him the trophy... I bet Ed loved doing that haha.
RobboIcon...02-01-2019 @ 15:00 
When I have enough cash, I get a deep tissue.
Member 465, 11029 posts
SQ 240, BP 175, DL 302.5
717.5 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Keil just blew my mind

Never seen a guy move like him, athleticism is unreal, that frame!! Winning truck pull and so close on loading, he’s the future champ barring no injuries and a slight improvement on deadlift

Started to dislike Thor more and like Shaw more which I never thought I’d say. Cameras made Thor look worse than he probably was contesting the dead though. So what anyway if you wanna contest something, it’s elite competition. Hope Thor cheers up though, appeared miserable and characterless, maybe just focussed.
PeteHodgsonIcon...02-01-2019 @ 16:21 
Has little understanding of the sugden
Member 677, 11338 posts
SQ 165, BP 125, DL 220
510.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
I like Shaw.
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...02-01-2019 @ 16:25 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22043 posts
AdamT said:

It doesn't matter what you say now. You are still (and always will be) UNDER THE RADAR!!!

You will live your life in constant fear of violently receiving an additional anus.

Grin
drex50Icon...02-01-2019 @ 21:56 
It's a moonface era now.
Member 5901, 956 posts
Shaw looks finished but just for the fun i hope he comes back and makes some good battles.
AdamTIcon...02-01-2019 @ 22:18 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
It doesn't matter what you say now. You are still (and always will be) UNDER THE RADAR!!!
You will live your life in constant fear of violently receiving an additional anus.
Grin

Under the radar lol

He was angry wasn't he lol

12345678910 ... ... 2526272829303132333435

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWSM line-up
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions