Member 4663, 588 posts
AMH_Power said:
I just do this every session and not had any issues since:
All head movement:
30x look left/right
30x chin to chest/sky
30x tilt head left/right
30x rotate counter/clockwise
Think it helps build up the neural pathways and warms the relevant muscles to prevent damage. My chiropractor/physio advised it

Cheers I'll definitely try that!!

First I need to get rid of some of this pain. It's shooting through to the shoulder and is pure agony
SteBennettIcon...23-11-2017 @ 17:28 
Average hamstring at best
Member 4663, 588 posts
3 and a half weeks on and I've got my mobility back and the pain is minimal. But I still can't feel my right thumb.
Went in to the gym today and as I curled the 10's up to press I noticed I have zero power in my right arm. It's like it's running in limp mode.
Anyone else get this? How long did it take to get back to normal?
AMH_PowerIcon...24-11-2017 @ 09:03 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1442 posts
SQ 310, BP 250, DL 320
880.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
SteBennett said:3 and a half weeks on and I've got my mobility back and the pain is minimal. But I still can't feel my right thumb.
Went in to the gym today and as I curled the 10's up to press I noticed I have zero power in my right arm. It's like it's running in limp mode.
Anyone else get this? How long did it take to get back to normal?

Still comes and goes but 90% there. Back of my shoulder sometimes aches, radiates all into elbow crease, along edge of forearm and thumb semi-numb. I found lengthening the nerves reduced the tethering/pressure.

I did this by using a plastic cricket ball behind my shoulder blade and roll on it. Hard to do in normal surroundings...

Enter the BATH!!

Just by chance, I worked out:

1. The ball floating up keeps it 'stuck' to me, couldn't do it on carpet. Means I can really roll without is sliding about
2. Can control pressure better as it f**king hurts on a normal floor (obviously we are buoyant to a degree)
3. The hot water has a relaxing effect

I did it before bed; helped me sleep better and always wake up without the issue.
SteBennettIcon...24-11-2017 @ 16:51 
Average hamstring at best
Member 4663, 588 posts
AMH_Power said:
Still comes and goes but 90% there. Back of my shoulder sometimes aches, radiates all into elbow crease, along edge of forearm and thumb semi-numb. I found lengthening the nerves reduced the tethering/pressure.
I did this by using a plastic cricket ball behind my shoulder blade and roll on it. Hard to do in normal surroundings...
Enter the BATH!!
Just by chance, I worked out:
1. The ball floating up keeps it 'stuck' to me, couldn't do it on carpet. Means I can really roll without is sliding about
2. Can control pressure better as it f**king hurts on a normal floor (obviously we are buoyant to a degree)
3. The hot water has a relaxing effect
I did it before bed; helped me sleep better and always wake up without the issue.

Over 6 months for you now as well isn't it? Must have been a bad injury!!
PhysiqzIcon...10-05-2018 @ 22:29 
Member 6338, 12 posts
AMH_Power said:
I just do this every session and not had any issues since:
All head movement:
30x look left/right
30x chin to chest/sky
30x tilt head left/right
30x rotate counter/clockwise
Think it helps build up the neural pathways and warms the relevant muscles to prevent damage. My chiropractor/physio advised it

very interesting I am tight/inhibited and will give this a shot.
GordyIcon...15-05-2018 @ 09:49 
Member 5418, 383 posts
Post Edited: 10.08.2018 @ 16:35 PM by Gordy
JohnIcon...07-06-2018 @ 17:37 
#biggef
Member 5263, 3492 posts
SQ 260, BP 195, DL 260
715.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
Gordy said:I had this problem, it was an imbalance in the muscles that control my scapulae caused by complimenting bench pressing with rowing exercises, ironically I thought this would balance things out. In practice in both bench press and rows you’re training scapular retraction.

Stretching gives temporary relief, push ups/push ups plus/landmine press and basically anything that trains scapular protraction helped create balance and eliminated the need for me to stretch.

Lol never thought of it like that but yeah they are both retraction movements Embarassed

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions