being fat makes you strong!

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

JohnIconbeing fat makes you strong!29-11-2016 @ 22:41 
#biggef
Member 5263, 3492 posts
SQ 260, BP 195, DL 260
715.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNaIZjVh9Rk/

just wondering what you guys think of this, this lady is deadlifting 230k which for I think is pretty amazing yet she's getting s**t coz she is larger,

So if all you need to do to be really really strong is just get fatter why don't we all quit the gym and eat ourselves silly for six months then go test our maxes , simple really Happy
CAJIcon...30-11-2016 @ 00:20 
I recommend the track - Slut Machine
Member 6043, 955 posts
SQ 350, BP 195, DL 350
895.0 kgs @ 150kgs UnEq
You can't just simply get fat and expect to be strong you would still have to train f**king hard.

That lift is very strong, doesn't matter if she's fat or not, leverages from all that excess weight won't make much difference for the deadlift anyway, it'll just make it harder to get to the bar.

As for the 'haterz' they're likely butthurt that she is lifting more than them.

Going off on a tangent..

Whilst I hate the idea of 'fat acceptance' (which to me is just a s**t excuse for been a lazy fat c**t) there is a big difference between a woman of her size living a sedentary lifestyle complaining of back pain and 'genetic disorders' and a woman such as her who trains as hard as the rest of us and pulls a 230kg raw deadlift.

I think men have a far easier time been overweight in powerlifting as most of the time they are jacked aswell as overweight (like myself) as training hard plus eating hard plus testosterona equals muscle and fat gains and unless you're properly obese most people are likely to see you as a massive jacked kunt as opposed to a fat bas***d.

Women however with all that fat tissue and estrogen just tend to look a mess instead as very little muscle gets built in comparison to the male equivalent.

I think it's very much a subjective thing.

If she was only lifting 80kg I'd think good on her for trying.

If it turned out she had gained 3 stone to add 30kg to her total then I'd think she had made a poor choice although it'd be her choice and I'd respect that.

Yes she would be healthier smaller, lighter, we all would but as it stands she's lifting hard and kicking ass. That takes effort and it puts all those to shame who claim they are too big to exercise and would rather binge eat into oblivion whilst crying on the sofa about their glandular problem and foul smelling vagina.
MuscleDemonIcon...30-11-2016 @ 04:49 
We all live as we chose.
Member 5051, 866 posts
SQ 157.5, BP 95, DL 220
472.5 kgs @ 61.1kgs UnEq
Fat/adipose tissue primary purpose is an energy store. Fat for the sake of fat is a terrible idea and is a hindrance for long-term progression.

She would most likely be isolated in the heaviest bodyweight category at competition rendering her lifts incomparable and unimpressive in my view.
The aim is to be as muscular as possible for the bodyweight limit of the weight class.

A suggestion would be trim down and be more competitive by joining lower weight categories. Lowering BMI would place less risk to cardiovascular disease and prolong projected lifespan.
FAT_SAMIcon...30-11-2016 @ 04:56 
more like 'FAT TROLL'
Member 984, 6331 posts
SQ 420, BP 260, DL 335
1015.0 kgs @ 165kgs UnEq
CAJ is spot on. I am, for lack of better terms, a fat c**t. However I'm not perceived as one by any other group of people other than my bodybuilding pals that are desperate for me to diet to see how big i'd be lean. In their world they consider themselves 'fat' at 12% body fat so that is a skewed view anyhow.

Girls that lift are associated with having a small waist, big arse, a nice smooth layer of bodyfat, fancy gym wear/leggings and instagram. Any girl that doesn't conform to that gets a lot of s**t online. This includes both chunkier athletes and girls who choose to diet to extremely low bodyfat.
KevC86Icon...30-11-2016 @ 05:51 
Member 5141, 4186 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 350
830.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
MuscleDemon said:
The aim is to be as muscular as possible for the bodyweight limit of the weight class.

The aim is to be as strong as possible within the bw limit. Muscularity has f**k all do with it. And in the top weight class (no idea what that is for female powerlifters, but id imagine she's in it) bw stops mattering. It doesnt matter if you are 20kg over the limit and they are 2kg over, beating them is still the aim, and still achievable even if they are more muscular and rocking a lower BMI (just an awful indicator of health anyway).
MuscleDemonIcon...30-11-2016 @ 06:23 
We all live as we chose.
Member 5051, 866 posts
SQ 157.5, BP 95, DL 220
472.5 kgs @ 61.1kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 30.11.2016 @ 06:37 AM by MuscleDemon
KevC86 said:
The aim is to be as strong as possible within the bw limit. Muscularity has f**k all do with it. And in the top weight class (no idea what that is for female powerlifters, but id imagine she's in it) bw stops mattering. It doesnt matter if you are 20kg over the limit and they are 2kg over, beating them is still the aim, and still achievable even if they are more muscular and rocking a lower BMI (just an awful indicator of health anyway).

Muscles provide contractile force and function so it is a significant factor. Elite powerlifters are typically predominately composed of a large amount of muscle tissue. Less fat and size provides better exercise form, positioning and leverages as well.

BMI as a very good indicator aimed at cardiovascular health. Being overweight will increase risk factors of stroke, hypertension, diabetes and heart disease regardless of what your body tissue is mainly composed of.
If it wasn't valid it wouldn't be part of medicine.

Gaining adipose tissue for the sake of strength is not a long term benefit and muscular density is far more beneficial to the functioning of the organism and strength.
FAT_SAMIcon...30-11-2016 @ 06:37 
more like 'FAT TROLL'
Member 984, 6331 posts
SQ 420, BP 260, DL 335
1015.0 kgs @ 165kgs UnEq
According to BMI i'd need to be 60-70kg to be 'healthy'. I have walked around with visible Abs at 120kg for many years of my life. Being 50kg overweight in that respect along with spending 10 hours a week in the gym is by no means a health risk. Bmi is a piss take and totally invalid for athletes. It always amused me when a doctor with higher bf% than me suggested that I lose weight.
FAT_SAMIcon...30-11-2016 @ 06:38 
more like 'FAT TROLL'
Member 984, 6331 posts
SQ 420, BP 260, DL 335
1015.0 kgs @ 165kgs UnEq
MuscleDemon said: Being overweight will increase risk factors of stroke, hypertension, diabetes and heart disease regardless of what your body tissue is mainly composed of.

No offence but that's a load of horses**t. Weight training and increased muscle mass greatly reduces the risk of type2 diabetes!!
MuscleDemonIcon...30-11-2016 @ 06:40 
We all live as we chose.
Member 5051, 866 posts
SQ 157.5, BP 95, DL 220
472.5 kgs @ 61.1kgs UnEq
It doesn't matter if one is athletic or not. It doesn't matter what the individuals body fat percentage is. The BMI is simply a risk measure of cardiovascular health.
The Doctor is correct to inform somebody of it and it is nothing personal. We all live as we chose.
FAT_SAMIcon...30-11-2016 @ 06:42 
more like 'FAT TROLL'
Member 984, 6331 posts
SQ 420, BP 260, DL 335
1015.0 kgs @ 165kgs UnEq
MuscleDemon said:It doesn't matter if one is athletic or not. It doesn't matter what the individuals body fat percentage is. The BMI is simply a risk measure of cardiovascular health.
The Doctor is correct to inform somebody of it and it is nothing personal. We all live as we chose.

bo***cks. Someone 5'8'' 90kg shredded to f**k is not at an increased risk of anything apart getting more pussy. Despite being 20kg 'overweight'.
SteveIcon...30-11-2016 @ 06:51 
nothing to hide, please follow my life on webcam
Member 255, 3732 posts
FAT_SAM said:According to BMI i'd need to be 60-70kg to be 'healthy'. I have walked around with visible Abs at 120kg for many years of my life. Being 50kg overweight in that respect along with spending 10 hours a week in the gym is by no means a health risk. Bmi is a piss take and totally invalid for athletes. It always amused me when a doctor with higher bf% than me suggested that I lose weight.

Is weight really irrelevant if it's all lean muscle? I'm not convinced being 50kg over your BMI would not put an added strain on your body regardless of whether it was all muscle.
FAT_SAMIcon...30-11-2016 @ 07:14 
more like 'FAT TROLL'
Member 984, 6331 posts
SQ 420, BP 260, DL 335
1015.0 kgs @ 165kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 30.11.2016 @ 07:16 AM by FAT_SAM
I don't claim that my current bodyweight of 160kg is not risky. It is but it's a short term thing to hit some crazy numbers then get lean again.

Now, I walk around at 120kg normally. 50kg over the upper limit of healthy bmi for my height. I'd look like an Aids victim at 70kg. I left school weighing 90kg with abs. I have 10 inch wrists. Bmi doesn't take bone structure into account either. Now my heart is stronger than a normal one too given that I do 10 hours of exercise a week and have done for the last 10 years of my life.

There are lots of factors to consider.

The same bmi scale says that the wife, at 5'1'', should weigh 48-57kg. She'd have no tits or ass left if she got to 60kg never mind a 'healthy bmi'.
umpalumpalifterIcon...30-11-2016 @ 08:03 
Member 5836, 366 posts
SQ 220, BP 137.5, DL 235
592.5 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
MuscleDemon said:It doesn't matter if one is athletic or not. It doesn't matter what the individuals body fat percentage is. The BMI is simply a risk measure of cardiovascular health.

cant quickly locate the studies but pretty sure there's evidence out there of activity levels affecting reliability of BMI for health predictions.

there's inherent flaws in the BMI anyway which is why I thought people were moving to the atwell method (waist circumference) as central obesity is the higher risk factor not pure weight per se due to higher non esterified fatty acids.
scruffmcbuffIcon...30-11-2016 @ 08:07 
Lovely ass Congrats.
Member 5958, 2315 posts
SQ 280, BP 170, DL 300
750.0 kgs @ 138kgs UnEq
apparently my ideal weight is 93kg!! f**k off! im 6 foot 8 id look like the alien from signs.
JohnIcon...30-11-2016 @ 08:13 
#biggef
Member 5263, 3492 posts
SQ 260, BP 195, DL 260
715.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
I'm impressed by both the depth of you views and at the Times you posted lol, wasn't Bmi created by an insurance company? Something I heard. But I think measuring your waist and the pincher thingys would be so much better.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions