REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 170 guests
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitHelpful Sugdenites

Helpful Sugdenites

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

WiegieboardIconHelpful Sugdenites18-01-2016 @ 19:26 
as crimson as my last victims underclothing.....
Member 899, 11324 posts
SQ 180, BP 132.5, DL 190
502.5 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
There's a lot of big strong guys in this site.
I was wondering how many folks out there put that strength and presence to good use?
Do other Sugdenites try to make their community a better place? Or give community to others who don't have one?
Or do you man a shop which raises money to help others or take part in events that donates cash to make the world a better place?

What do you all do?

I volunteer as an outdoorsman. I take people for adventure and teach them emergency skills within the U.K. environment to help them should the worst happen.

I also help integrate people escaping war torn environments to living in Scotland and help them contribute within a society that took them in.
Funky_monkeyIcon...18-01-2016 @ 19:32 
403 forbidden message
Member 160, 5120 posts
SQ 190, BP 137.5, DL 225
552.5 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
I currently work for a cancer charity. Depressing when you're dealing with 2 year old kids who have died of cancer and their big brother/sister is doing a charity event for them, or when parents have to deal with the death of their children. Worse when you see toddlers running around with their IV drip and chemo attached, parents trying to keep up with them and the little person has no idea that they won't live to see their next birthday. I'm not allowed to hug the adults.
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...18-01-2016 @ 19:39 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22018 posts
Funky_monkey said:
I currently work for a cancer charity. Depressing when you're dealing with 2 year old kids who have died of cancer and their big brother/sister is doing a charity event for them, or when parents have to deal with the death of their children. Worse when you see toddlers running around with their IV drip and chemo attached, parents trying to keep up with them and the little person has no idea that they won't live to see their next birthday. I'm not allowed to hug the adults.

That must be very tough. I'd be crying all the time.

I have a worthwhile job (in care), donate small amounts to charity regularly, and generally try to be nice to people. That's it really.
Funky_monkeyIcon...18-01-2016 @ 22:35 
403 forbidden message
Member 160, 5120 posts
SQ 190, BP 137.5, DL 225
552.5 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
That must be very tough. I'd be crying all the time.
I have a worthwhile job (in care), donate small amounts to charity regularly, and generally try to be nice to people. That's it really.

I'm allowed to go outside for fresh air when doing the JustGiving files because my boss knows I'm a softie at times.

We should all try to be nice to people.
WiegieboardIcon...18-01-2016 @ 23:53 
Member 899, 11324 posts
SQ 180, BP 132.5, DL 190
502.5 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
Nice work guys that's ace to see.
I have a pal Chris who was going on about helping ex forces personnel etc. first. The difference with Chris is that he actually goes out and helps them. He's plasterer to trade and a good chef also, so he repairs their homes if they're unable (disabled etc.) and feeds the homeless ones healthy and filling meals.

I have a lot of time for people with a big heart. They're valuable folks.
scruffmcbuffIcon...19-01-2016 @ 10:26 
Lovely ass Congrats.
Member 5958, 2315 posts
SQ 280, BP 170, DL 300
750.0 kgs @ 138kgs UnEq
Wiegieboard said:

I also help integrate people escaping war torn environments to living in Scotland and help them contribute within a society that took them in.

I wasnt aware such a program exsisted. That must be a challenge in itself. Who do you do that on behalf of?
hifiloverIcon...19-01-2016 @ 10:40 
Member 3241, 2043 posts
SQ 1, BP 192, DL 255
448.0 kgs @ 136kgs UnEq
This is all great to read and see!

Christ, I'd be a mess if I was working with the children with cancer and their families... Couldn't cope with that. Don;t care how big/strong/meat head'ish you are; that'd twang heart strings as soon as you saw it! Unhappy

I don;t do a massive lot; I help with St Catherines Hospice when I can as a few of my aunties work there due to their Dad (my Granddad), being in their care before he passed

I also help a lot of our neighbours out with their gardening and shifting stuff and helping to sort any niggles with their cars, computers etc. They're all elderly and we're the babies in the cul de sac. Pisses me off though, as they've all got their kids/grand-kids that live local, but none of them lift a finger to help! Don't get me wrong, I like doing it and wouldn't say no, but you'd think their own kids would help out!!! Angry Roll-Eyes
AdamTIcon...19-01-2016 @ 13:21 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
Funky_monkey said:I currently work for a cancer charity. Depressing when you're dealing with 2 year old kids who have died of cancer and their big brother/sister is doing a charity event for them, or when parents have to deal with the death of their children. Worse when you see toddlers running around with their IV drip and chemo attached, parents trying to keep up with them and the little person has no idea that they won't live to see their next birthday. I'm not allowed to hug the adults.

You're a great guy. I don't think I would be able to do what you do. Fair play to you.
Funky_monkeyIcon...19-01-2016 @ 14:01 
403 forbidden message
Member 160, 5120 posts
SQ 190, BP 137.5, DL 225
552.5 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
AdamT said:
You're a great guy. I don't think I would be able to do what you do. Fair play to you.

Thanks. I try to treat it as a job but it doesn't get any easier. I have had the odd breakdown at work and end up thinking about work related stuff a lot at home.
WiegieboardIcon...19-01-2016 @ 16:17 
Member 899, 11324 posts
SQ 180, BP 132.5, DL 190
502.5 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 19.01.2016 @ 16:18 PM by Wiegieboard
scruffmcbuff said:
I wasnt aware such a program exsisted. That must be a challenge in itself. Who do you do that on behalf of?

Yo dude.
It's called the Scottish Refugee Council.

Way I see it. My tax money is a part of the problem, so although I can't be a solution. I can try to help a little.
There are a few ways you can help. I'm sure there are other organisations.
WiegieboardIcon...19-01-2016 @ 16:20 
Member 899, 11324 posts
SQ 180, BP 132.5, DL 190
502.5 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
hifilover said:This is all great to read and see!

Christ, I'd be a mess if I was working with the children with cancer and their families... Couldn't cope with that. Don;t care how big/strong/meat head'ish you are; that'd twang heart strings as soon as you saw it! Unhappy

I don;t do a massive lot; I help with St Catherines Hospice when I can as a few of my aunties work there due to their Dad (my Granddad), being in their care before he passed

I also help a lot of our neighbours out with their gardening and shifting stuff and helping to sort any niggles with their cars, computers etc. They're all elderly and we're the babies in the cul de sac. Pisses me off though, as they've all got their kids/grand-kids that live local, but none of them lift a finger to help! Don't get me wrong, I like doing it and wouldn't say no, but you'd think their own kids would help out!!! Angry Roll-Eyes

That's fantastic well done doing that. It'll make a big difference to peoples lives when you give that kind of help!
scruffmcbuffIcon...19-01-2016 @ 18:52 
Lovely ass Congrats.
Member 5958, 2315 posts
SQ 280, BP 170, DL 300
750.0 kgs @ 138kgs UnEq
Wiegieboard said:
Yo dude.
It's called the Scottish Refugee Council.
Way I see it. My tax money is a part of the problem, so although I can't be a solution. I can try to help a little.
There are a few ways you can help. I'm sure there are other organisations.

Ill have to do my research for down here. Id like to put my second language (arabic) to good use.

great to see what the other here have been doing too.

The worlds a pretty s**tty place its nice to think theres still others willing to do thier bit to help.
WiegieboardIcon...19-01-2016 @ 19:12 
Member 899, 11324 posts
SQ 180, BP 132.5, DL 190
502.5 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
scruffmcbuff said:
Ill have to do my research for down here. Id like to put my second language (arabic) to good use.
great to see what the other here have been doing too.
The worlds a pretty s**tty place its nice to think theres still others willing to do thier bit to help.

I bet you could do a lot being able to speak Arabic! I can't speak a word of anything other than English and German but there's still always something that can be done. Your skills would absolutely be valuable though to any group like this you could help!
scruffmcbuffIcon...20-01-2016 @ 06:59 
Lovely ass Congrats.
Member 5958, 2315 posts
SQ 280, BP 170, DL 300
750.0 kgs @ 138kgs UnEq
Be nice to put them to use. They are wasted in current profession lol.
Keep up the good work tho mate (not that you need reminding) but your doing a good thing
LouweazelIcon...20-01-2016 @ 16:22 
Member 4091, 486 posts
SQ 142.5, BP 90.5, DL 152.5
385.5 kgs @ 56.7kgs UnEq
I volunteer for a Scottish organization that manages and removes invasive species to clear space and allow native species to take grasp and thrive again.

We would have to clear whole areas repeatedly, basically uprooting stuff and burning it in controlled fires to try and stop any resurgence.

We has one of the volunteers object when we were mink trapping and shooting them in cages. "You should have at least given them a chance to escape." Seriously, we can't. There's legislation that says we can't remove carcases, we need to trap kill and destroy on site.

Plants are pretty easy but culling living things (especially the adorable ones) is kinda hard.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitHelpful Sugdenites
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions