its great to have another level in sport

BUT

the main differnce between him and Savickas are drugs

Z is an extremelly high responder to drugs and hes very basic on them
hes the Kevin Levrone of strongmen
Kevin Levrone is the healthiest 90s era bodybuilder now

think about that
its not only about fast results its about quality and longevity

But how do you know that Ed Hall doesn't respond just as well? He must respons far better than average to achieve what he has, it's fair to say only a small percentage could copy Ed's lifestyle and achieve the same result.

What about Ed continually gaining weight since he started and Zydrunas doing the yoyo from 300 off season to 400 on??
rian1987Icon...18-12-2015 @ 22:59 
not stating facts.
Member 3100, 502 posts
McMuffin_Gains said:
Don't get me wrong, Shaw is great and all but Ed blows Shaw out the water when it comes to static strength, better deadlift, far better presser and way way waaaay better squatter.
Shaw of course has a huge advantage at things like keg toss, stones etc and so is a far better all rounder. Does that make Shaw the better strongman? perhaps so, but technique and strength are two very different things, no way is Shaw stronger than Ed.

I'm sure Shaw whooped ed at the heaviest arnold ever beating him at the deadlift, matching him on the log and beating him on the other overhead event the dumbell. He also beat him at the deadlift at the wsm final. Ed is a better squatter yeah but Shaw is also pretty good n is 6 foot so at a huge disadvantage.
unit94Icon...18-12-2015 @ 23:07 
what is everyone's fran time?
Member 3986, 10443 posts
SQ 340, BP 200, DL 400
940.0 kgs @ 129kgs Eq
Watched this today, really enjoyed it and a very good insight into Ed's mindset and approach to it all. Would definitely recommend it!
billynomatesIcon...18-12-2015 @ 23:14 
Member 4923, 1795 posts
Post Edited: 18.12.2015 @ 23:20 PM by billynomates
drex50 said:i have no problem with edd hall being so strong now
its great to have another level in sport

BUT

the main differnce between him and Savickas are drugs

Z is an extremelly high responder to drugs and hes very basic on them
hes the Kevin Levrone of strongmen
Kevin Levrone is the healthiest 90s era bodybuilder now

think about that
its not only about fast results its about quality and longevity

I know drugs are a big factor, but dont the guys natural talents come into it too? For example, Z is freakishly fast for a 400lb man. Ed hasnt been able to match Z in this regard and its probably the main reason he hasnt podiumed at WSM yet.
drex50Icon...18-12-2015 @ 23:24 
It's a moonface era now.
Member 5901, 956 posts
McMuffin_Gains said:
But how do you know that Ed Hall doesn't respond just as well? He must respons far better than average to achieve what he has, it's fair to say only a small percentage could copy Ed's lifestyle and achieve the same result.
What about Ed continually gaining weight since he started and Zydrunas doing the yoyo from 300 off season to 400 on??

ok, good discussion

of course nobody knows exactly what everyone takes but
Z improves every year for 25 years
this clearly talk about smart drug usage
second he doesnt have that puffy face and neck, he has big wide jaw like radz (its a clear sign of natural high testosterona and posibilties of good drugs response)
third like i said Levrone of strongman, can gain quality weight and strength in very short period of time
and of course 4th argument is information of my friend WSM competitor

now think about that
u say small amount of people can do what ed hall does
i agree
for sure he has the super potential
BUT
take a look at his training partner Luke Fulbrook
he exploded in an year, huge amount of bodyweight and strength gain
same side insulina effects, puffy face and neck
bloated lower abdomen(which cant say is from insulin only)
yes he not strong like Hall, but he has much smaller frame and bodyweight
but follows the same evolution

its DRUGS evolution

i talked with my friend who knows Radz, and he said they asked him why dont u gain 10-20 kg of bodyweight and beat them all
he said it doesnt worth it
plus he wants to compete every weekend for Champions League and has some good contract with them
93hopkinsonrIcon...18-12-2015 @ 23:36 
Mr.Potato deadlift
Member 2675, 4630 posts
SQ 300, BP 200, DL 300
800.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 18.12.2015 @ 23:45 PM by 93hopkinsonr
drex50 said:
troll?
i realy think what i write
and i think i give some very good advices

I agree. You definitely make sugden more entertaining.

Do you think Thor abuses them too, or is he smart. Going off your theories id say he's smart?
McMuffin_GainsIcon...19-12-2015 @ 01:28 
Help me rescue my Insulina.
Member 5366, 1090 posts
I've just watched it, far better than I was expecting, production value alone is worth the price, Matt Bell has done a f**king incredible job.

Content wise it's nothing most don't already know however it's very inspiring in it's delivery and certainly gets you fired up at times.

Also a few comedy moments my favourite been Z:

Z - "I have 300 trophies in my house"
Matt - "Where do you keep them all?"
Z - "I need big house for my trophies"

Ed describing Thor's strength as 'mong power' Grin and Ed doing pussy licking gestures behind Caroline Pearce loal

The subject of peds came up briefly but wasn't discussed, the consensus seeming to be even if they were used they still required ability and sacrifice above all else.

The description of steroids been used purely for 'recovery' was a bit shady but as to answering the question the general public might have 'do they use steroids' I think Rob Frampton answered the question best indirectly to quote:

"End of the day we want the biggest strongest man alive to lift the biggest strongest weight ever, so why not? If they're gonna go balls out and do it, why not let them do it? Crack on, they're not doing nothing to hurt anyone else, they want to be the best, they want to be the strongest so why not?"

All in all a great watch, a well produced lengthy insight into Ed's world and above all else it helps you realise he is only human like the rest of us.
luke00Icon...19-12-2015 @ 14:23 
either Im a penis or Im not a penis
Member 722, 2977 posts
SQ 300, BP 220, DL 350
870.0 kgs @ 123kgs UnEq
drex50 said:
ok, good discussion
of course nobody knows exactly what everyone takes but
Z improves every year for 25 years
this clearly talk about smart drug usage
second he doesnt have that puffy face and neck, he has big wide jaw like radz (its a clear sign of natural high testosterona and posibilties of good drugs response)
third like i said Levrone of strongman, can gain quality weight and strength in very short period of time
and of course 4th argument is information of my friend WSM competitor
now think about that
u say small amount of people can do what ed hall does
i agree
for sure he has the super potential
BUT
take a look at his training partner Luke Fulbrook
he exploded in an year, huge amount of bodyweight and strength gain
same side insulina effects, puffy face and neck
bloated lower abdomen(which cant say is from insulin only)
yes he not strong like Hall, but he has much smaller frame and bodyweight
but follows the same evolution
its DRUGS evolution
i talked with my friend who knows Radz, and he said they asked him why dont u gain 10-20 kg of bodyweight and beat them all
he said it doesnt worth it
plus he wants to compete every weekend for Champions League and has some good contract with them

You couldn't be any further from the truth, proof that a little knowledge/gossip is a very bad thing.
hifiloverIcon...19-12-2015 @ 17:23 
Member 3241, 2043 posts
SQ 1, BP 192, DL 255
448.0 kgs @ 136kgs UnEq
Just watched it

Very good, very well made and well managed

To be honest, I thought at the beginning that Eddie come across as an arse, but, he wears his heart in his sleeve and he's a genuine, down to earth bloke that's 'passionately passionate' about what he does, what he sets out to do and what he wants to achieve!

Cracked me up when he's stood next to Thor towards the end, he looks mortal/small/average haha Grin

And and Drex, sorry pal, but you talk s**te!

Either back up what you say, or stop trolling... Nowt but a keyboard warrior
drex50Icon...19-12-2015 @ 19:04 
It's a moonface era now.
Member 5901, 956 posts
luke00 said:
You couldn't be any further from the truth, proof that a little knowledge/gossip is a very bad thing.

i dont think so

i know u grow from slin
luke00Icon...19-12-2015 @ 19:21 
either Im a penis or Im not a penis
Member 722, 2977 posts
SQ 300, BP 220, DL 350
870.0 kgs @ 123kgs UnEq
drex50 said:
i dont think so
i know u grow from slin

You know you grow from insulin and that's the only reason I've grown ?
Nothing to do with 7,000 calories a day 7 days a week religiously or 23 hours a week in the gym, consistently. I'm telling you I have never and would never use insulin, the risks far out weigh the benefits. As I've said gossip and a little bit of knowledge.
KevC86Icon...19-12-2015 @ 19:51 
Member 5141, 4199 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 350
830.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
luke00 said:
You know you grow from insulin and that's the only reason I've grown ?
Nothing to do with 7,000 calories a day 7 days a week religiously or 23 hours a week in the gym, consistently. I'm telling you I have never and would never use insulin, the risks far out weigh the benefits. As I've said gossip and a little bit of knowledge.

Took me a minute to realise why this seemed to have got personal and then i looked at who was posting.

Dont lose sleep worrying about the troll Luke. Just enjoy the laughs he provides and move on.
FAT_SAMIcon...19-12-2015 @ 20:28 
more like 'FAT TROLL'
Member 984, 6331 posts
SQ 420, BP 260, DL 335
1015.0 kgs @ 165kgs UnEq
Figured I'll chime in here. I have actually used insulin. I can hold 150kg at 5'9'' with it. Without it I can't get over 130kg as even if I eat more kcal I just seem to s**t them straight out. It's extremely popular with powerlifters, even with lighter weight classes for getting weight back on quick after a water cut.

There is evidence that a high carb diet with insulin is less likely to turn you diabetic than a high carb diet without.When exexogenous slin is added, there is less risk of 'burning' the pancreas out and becoming type 1.5 diabetic.

In various bodybuilding circles, slin is as popular as protein shakes. The associated risk factor comes from idiots that take it while dieting because they're desperate to stay 'full', and end up going hypo because they haven't eaten enough carbs. Using slin isn't a self imposed death sentence, nor is it gonna make you huge if you don't eat. While I wouldn't actually recommend it to anyone, if you are going to use it, read. Lots of protocols online, some of which are very good, some of which are dangerous (like using it to go into keto quicker - retards), so think about how it actually works and use your head a little.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions