REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 126 guests

Best place to buy Titan/Inzer in UK?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

McMuffin_GainsIconBest place to buy Titan/Inzer in UK?29-06-2015 @ 11:15 
Help me rescue my Insulina.
Member 5366, 1090 posts
As per the title, what's the best place to get hold of Titan or Inzer gear in the UK?

Fancy having a dick about with a squat suit or maybe deadlift suit for s**ts and giggles just because I can but other than the limited range of Titan stuff that Pullum do I can't find any UK suppliers.

Found some decent prices on a German site who ship to UK but don't want my angus getting hammerfisted by customs when it comes to import tax.

In b4 equipped lifting is for phags.
DrDIcon...29-06-2015 @ 11:45 
#IStandByMillsy
Member 4287, 2614 posts
SQ 300, BP 310, DL 250
860.0 kgs @ 120kgs Eq
Pullum easiest for titan in UK, otherwise from states lifting large, titan, andersons etc.

For inzer, can get some from inzer shop.de in Germany and don't have to pay any charges as in eu. For full range from states also.

If your OK with used, then a fair bit comes up on powerlifting kit for sale in UK on Facebook, people often poss wanted as well so may get lucky
McMuffin_GainsIcon...29-06-2015 @ 14:42 
Member 5366, 1090 posts
Cheers mate,

Don't like the thought of used, I know just how stinking my non-supportive titan suit gets and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy haha.

After some digging it appears that Titans super centurion squat suit has good results for both squat AND deadlift and Pullum happen to have one in stock in my stance and size so may have to give it a go.
McMuffin_GainsIcon...02-07-2015 @ 17:30 
Member 5366, 1090 posts
So suit came yesterday, it ended up been a size smaller than what I originally ordered as stock was wrong on website but was assured the next size down would still fit given measurements.

Well at first I was adamant it was too small but having forced it on a few times it now goes on a lot easier.

Tried it today and could I f**k get anywhere past half depth, more weight may have helped but I had no spot and given how different the suit felt I didn't want to risk going too heavy and losing balance. I wasn't even wearing my belt either which I imagine would make it even harder.

I've read that if you can get a suit on, no matter how tight then it fits and it just needs 'breaking in' - can anyone relate to this?

After half an hour of much frustration and funny looks from people thinking I must be some sort of half squatting ass clown I decided to try it for deadlifting which ended quite abruptly as I couldn't even get to the bar without crushing all the air out of my lungs.

Not sure whether to get my money back and sack off the idea of equipped for a bit of variation OR get a spot and persist in trying to break the suit in, hoping it will eventually give some.

Any eq lifters have any input? As you can tell I have zero experience with eq lifting and neither does anyone in my gym.
AdamCIcon...02-07-2015 @ 18:53 
Member 1519, 1476 posts
SQ 320, BP 260, DL 320
900.0 kgs @ 117kgs Eq
Post Edited: 02.07.2015 @ 19:11 PM by AdamC
what size is the suit and what bw are you?

with single ply tighter is better but if youre new to it a slightly bigger suit will be better as its a stiff learning curve especially if you haven't got any equipped lifters you train with or to spot you
b15ape1Icon...02-07-2015 @ 19:20 
British bum sex champ
Member 450, 1601 posts
SQ 315, BP 212.5, DL 290
817.5 kgs @ 137kgs Eq
Equipped liftings not for everyone but seen as youve now got a squat suit have a play with it for a month or so and see what you think.
The more you play with it the easier it will get and half the battle is getting the bas***d on im sweating thinking about it. I used to do a few warm up sets up to 180 or so then lob it on but by then your sweating and its harder to get on so putting it on from the start is an advantage just dont expect to hit depth for whatever weight it takes to get you down.

P.s carrier bags around the thighs help to get it on! Happy squatting Grin
DrDIcon...02-07-2015 @ 20:01 
#IStandByMillsy
Member 4287, 2614 posts
SQ 300, BP 310, DL 250
860.0 kgs @ 120kgs Eq
Post Edited: 02.07.2015 @ 20:06 PM by DrD
From my limited experience, getting it on yourself and getting to half depth is a decent start, lol. Took ages and being wrag - dolled into it to get mine on. Taken a while to break in and get close to depth.

Looser is easier to learn but offers less possible support. My centurion has loosened quite a bit with use.
jim_gilbertIcon...02-07-2015 @ 20:11 
Death by tyre anyone?????
Member 2587, 692 posts
SQ 335, BP 185, DL 310
830.0 kgs @ 142kgs Eq
Equipped squatting takes some getting used to. I find the suit tries to pull me forward so the line of squat is different and needs some mental adjustment.

I tend to put my suit on at 70% of my eq max, straps down. The first couple of reps are shockingly high whilst i get it sat right. Im sure it looks laughable to the rest of gym half sqatting 240kg in a girly leotard type thing.

Persevere with it and in time it'll come.
McMuffin_GainsIcon...04-07-2015 @ 15:09 
Member 5366, 1090 posts
Post Edited: 04.07.2015 @ 17:12 PM by McMuffin_Gains
Turns out it was more weight which was needed. Got myself a spot, warmed up to 180 then put bottom half on with belt, worked up to 210 then put straps up working up to 250kg

Depth was not amazing but about there. Speed was good considering I didn't have knee wraps on either, just sleeves.

Here's the 250:

Linky link link
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions