REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 144 guests

BUNCH OF POWERLIFTING RULES/QUESTIONS

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

samue1sonIconBUNCH OF POWERLIFTING RULES/QUESTIONS28-05-2015 @ 13:33 
Member 4416, 1369 posts
SQ 210, BP 175, DL 240
625.0 kgs @ 122kgs UnEq
Wasn't sure best place to post my questions, if anybody can help?

I've been through a damned bible of IPF literature and have to ask:

If a brand is not on their "approved" list.., can I have completely unbranded stuff?
For example, strength shop singlet with no logos - if I bought some kind of brand and covered or took off the emblems, would that matter?

Also - do they really check your underpants? It's in he rules about what you can't wear underneath your singlet.

Finally, is the GBPF which oversees the EPF the only way into IPF?
unit94Icon...28-05-2015 @ 13:36 
what is everyone's fran time?
Member 3986, 10443 posts
SQ 340, BP 200, DL 400
940.0 kgs @ 129kgs Eq
Can't wear unbranded stuff

I think they do actually check your underwear!

Yes GBPF is the only way
samue1sonIcon...28-05-2015 @ 13:44 
Member 4416, 1369 posts
SQ 210, BP 175, DL 240
625.0 kgs @ 122kgs UnEq
Cheers dude.

Feel the branding thing is bang out of order but that's a whole thread in itself Unhappy
JonA81Icon...28-05-2015 @ 13:47 
Member 2216, 2243 posts
samue1son said:Wasn't sure best place to post my questions, if anybody can help?

I've been through a damned bible of IPF literature and have to ask:

If a brand is not on their "approved" list.., can I have completely unbranded stuff?
For example, strength shop singlet with no logos - if I bought some kind of brand and covered or took off the emblems, would that matter?

OK at divisional level, national level comps is a different matter. Kit checks at weigh in dont seem to happen anymore at unequipped comps, but wear something not on the approved list and you risk DQ on the platform.

Also - do they really check your underpants? It's in he rules about what you can't wear underneath your singlet.

Yeah briefs/athletic support, you weigh in in just your kecks. Think this is more stop people sneaking suit bottoms/briefs past kit check at equipped weigh-ins more than anything. No commando either, they dont want anyones old chap making an unwelcome appearance. Think this is also why the bench faces away from the audience.

Finally, is the GBPF which oversees the EPF the only way into IPF?
samue1sonIcon...28-05-2015 @ 14:04 
Member 4416, 1369 posts
SQ 210, BP 175, DL 240
625.0 kgs @ 122kgs UnEq
Wicked, again thanks.
bcrusherIcon...29-05-2015 @ 11:58 
Member 4865, 240 posts
samue1son said:Cheers dude.

Feel the branding thing is bang out of order but that's a whole thread in itself Unhappy

Can you imagine if Coca Cola were WSM sponsors and Brian Shaw turned out in a Pepsi outfit? Or if you have a dress code at work (i.e. suit) and turned up to meet customers wearing jeans and a t-shirt? The branding thing/dress code is necessary and is present is other sports as well not just powerlifting.

The rulebook is online BTW
glen_danburyIcon...29-05-2015 @ 12:51 
Member 735, 1193 posts
SQ 220, BP 135, DL 235
590.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
bcrusher said:
Can you imagine if Coca Cola were WSM sponsors and Brian Shaw turned out in a Pepsi outfit? Or if you have a dress code at work (i.e. suit) and turned up to meet customers wearing jeans and a t-shirt? The branding thing/dress code is necessary and is present is other sports as well not just powerlifting.
The rulebook is online BTW

pretty poor analogue really. this isnt about creating standardized looks. this was/is about ensuring companies still got decent return from powerlifters with classic/raw gaining popularity. with less suits and wraps being sold titan/inzer etc had to ensure their belts etc were going to be bought

its the feds choice regarding this type of profiteering and up to them but cant see how you can say its necessary as long as all equipment conforms to a guideline regardless of who makes it
WesIcon...29-05-2015 @ 13:16 
31.6 and Obese !! Get in....
Member 869, 1355 posts
SQ 320, BP 200, DL 310
830.0 kgs @ 97.5kgs Eq
The 'branding' issue does stick in the throat of a lot of lifters.
It can be understood to a certain extent, but when you are being told to 'put tape' over your belt as it has the 'wrong name' on it, it doesn't sit right with me. The belt is good, it conforms with all measurements, but it has the wrong name.
Crazy, we're not paid athletes ffs, it's not on tv, there's only 200 folk here, half of which are lifting...

I once asked a head ref at a national qualifier a couple of years ago if a set of wraps were ok as they were 'strength shop' wraps and I couldn't find the company on the list of 'authorised kit suppliers'. He looked at me like I was stupid, and said "are they longer than 2.5m" ? I replied no, he said "Well then they're ok, they're only f*#king knee wraps, chill out"

Needless, to say it wasn't the GBPF or BDFPA...
samue1sonIcon...29-05-2015 @ 13:17 
Member 4416, 1369 posts
SQ 210, BP 175, DL 240
625.0 kgs @ 122kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 29.05.2015 @ 13:19 PM by samue1son
glen_danbury said:
its the feds choice regarding this type of profiteering and up to them but cant see how you can say its necessary as long as all equipment conforms to a guideline regardless of who makes it

This.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to start arguments over the clothing thing - I've seen online uproar and I'm not really part of the p/l community. I just lift and have interest some time in doing a meet.

But truthfully - I train with a broke ass lad and I was looking at their approved clothing which is marked up against a simple unbranded/un-logo'd cheapy. Forced to wear a brand, rather than no brand at all if it conforms. $$$
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions