Who's Online - 1 member and 206 guests

NW training camp 24th June

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

BoarIcon...23-06-2007 @ 18:55 
Walk your talk
Member 5, 25557 posts
Administrator
have a good day people!!

someone needs to teach joe how to put on a bench shirt without drawing too much attention to the 'moobs' on show.
RickIcon...23-06-2007 @ 18:56 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10034 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
Well, y'know, I was thinking there was no reason to go given what my routines have me doing atm. But then I realised:

(a) good to see people anyway.
(b) these guys can probably spot egregious flaws in my technique even with the toy weights I'm on
(c) [rob pointed out] I could come off-schedule for a session anyway. (I'm such a dumbass this genuinely hadn't occurred to me.)

I have all these degrees because otherwise nobody would believe I'm not stupid.
RobIcon...24-06-2007 @ 15:41 
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7173 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
Cheers for organising the training session today Jim and Bryn. Always good to meet up with fellow lifters and listen to lots of new training ideas and knowledge.

Maybe next time you could do a bit of a Q&A session at the end although obviously today got cut a bit short by the gym closing!
RickIcon...24-06-2007 @ 15:48 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10034 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
It was superb. Very much appreciated.
JoniIcon...24-06-2007 @ 16:34 
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
exellent day out, deepest thanks to everyone there giving advice and inspiration. Left the session with a lot of stuff to mull over and apply to my training (though as an impatient person i doubt my ability to stick to ALL of it Grin )

It was fantastic to train with bunch of other powerlifters!

Anyone who missed this: your loss mate Grin
FruitbatIcon...24-06-2007 @ 16:49 
slightly smaller bat
Member 15, 304 posts
SQ 135, BP 70, DL 147.5
352.5 kgs @ 63kgs Eq
HUGE thank you for the session today - I found it friendly, inspirational and most of all educational! I have lots to work on!!! I wish I could get this kind of training assistance more often - it really would make a powerlifter of me rather than a girl trying her best on her own in a an amateur kind of way in a gym full of bodybuilders and pretenders! I will work very hard on the form tips you gave me guys and more importantly Jim's speech on not training heavy all the time really cut home with me so I will be looking for advice on that. And thanks everyone there (esp the predominent Sugden ppl) for your friendly welcome!
brynevansIcon...24-06-2007 @ 18:06 
Scotbasher - forever
Member 59, 2115 posts
Thanks to everybody who turned up today both lifters and helpers, I hope that in someway you found it of benefit to your training. It was good to see a few new faces too and hope that we see you on the platform sometime soon. On the subject of platforms I'd like to point out that the small amount of money that this session generated will be used towards building a contest platform for use at future events as the current matting that we use is not ideal. It was a shame that in the end we were a little pushed for time but as a format for the day I think it worked out well and its certainly something that we would do again if there is enough interest.
Martin1956Icon...24-06-2007 @ 18:11 
Old Age Presser
Member 75, 7732 posts
SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
Post Edited: 24.06.2007 @ 18:13 PM
Nice to see you all again. The session was invaluable for my two guys and gives them an excellent base to start their squats and deadlifts from. I can sort of steer them in the right direction on bench. Also helped me in how to coach the two lifts if anyone else in the gym shows an interest. Wish I'd had more time for the bands. That's something to look forward to next time. Big thanks to Jim and Bryn for organising the day and to Chris for letting us use his gym. And Joe B for his input as well. Really appreciated.

Can't believe that more didn't come. Imagine any other sport where you would be offered free coaching by British champions?

Just a thought, but if we could turn that session into a roadshow that we took to various appropriate gyms, we'd really boost NW numbers over the next year or so. I'd be up for it if a few others were as well.

Hope to see you all on the 22nd. Apparently the mc's had a bit of practice since last time!
BoarIcon...24-06-2007 @ 18:50 
Walk your talk
Member 5, 25557 posts
Administrator
yea, i hope they sorted that guy out, he spent most of the time leering at the spotters.

sounds like its was a good session, did joe get some vids ?

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions