Who's Online - 0 members and 241 guests

Latest about Muscle Factory/ Fitness Factory Lancaster

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

chaosIcon...09-10-2014 @ 05:47 
An amazing human being
Member 2047, 17156 posts
SQ 262.5, BP 170, DL 300
732.5 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Billy you often astound me with your words of wisdom, yet again Thor's has struck the cranial pin! (i've tried a Billyism - did it work?)
jim_gilbertIcon...09-10-2014 @ 06:55 
Death by tyre anyone?????
Member 2587, 692 posts
SQ 335, BP 185, DL 310
830.0 kgs @ 142kgs Eq
Yawn

Give it a rest Sarah, the people on here are grown up enough to make their own minds up about the Factory. Your opinion doesn't matter to members on here.

Use your time more productively and stop wasting it on here.

Great gym.
themissusIconPaddy09-10-2014 @ 06:55 
Member 5404, 23 posts
paddymc1986 said:I've trained at the muscle factory for a few year's now and les and jay have allways come across as top blokes!

So did Oscar Pistorious! Most abusive men do come accross as affable and friendly, heyy are usually very charming, that's how they entrap their victims in the first place. Perhaps you should ask Jackie, Mary or Saffron if he was a top bloke when he was abusing them?

Only met you a couple of times and didn't talk that much but you definitely didn't come across as someone that was getting "abused" if anything I'd say you was the abusive one!

(were, not was) Nigella doesn't come accross as an abusive victim either. 25% of all women are abused, you really think they're all nice? You really think they're all the cowering in the corner meek types? Just because someone is bolshy, argumentative, loud mouthed, obnoxious, likely to fight back doesn't mean she cannot be abused in fact for some men it makes her more of a challenge. Sally Hope wrote an interesting blog post saying just this. You don't have to be nice to be abused http://alwayshopefulandnotabused.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/playin... also please bear in mind I wasn't aware Les had been going into the gym setting up his "victim story" with comments like "oh I can't my wife won't let me" etc (utter bulls**t) while we were still together, that's how manipulative these guys are

Anyway all that s**ts nothing to do with me! I just come on to say thanks for the gym it's AWESOMEGrin Grin Grin You're welcome
little_aIconI'm curious09-10-2014 @ 07:34 
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14374 posts
If I recall correctly you said in your original post (the very first thread you made) that you had been abused for 15 years or so? If you put up with that abuse for 15 years what's changed that you now want to seemingly fight your husband, his mates, business partners and the combined membership of MT and Sugden (that I know of)?

If you had this much fight then your situation now would be greatly improve than it currently is. You're not just standing up for yourself you seemingly want to take on the world.
That is only down to one person. Surely you can see that?

Also, just a friendly word from someone who's been there. Online open communications are no place for divorces and separations. Whatever your intentions this won't end well for you. Sugden especially isn't the place for such emotions. I've seen guys dry bummed on here for doing nothing more than throwing a benchUnhappy
PhillippeHalterIcon...09-10-2014 @ 08:01 
Are horror films healthy...?
Member 5449, 2203 posts
I've just told my mrs about this thread and she has asked me if she can train with me on our weekend away

I've said if she behaves herself she can
little_aIcon...09-10-2014 @ 08:51 
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14374 posts
PhillippeHalter said:I've just told my mrs about this thread and she has asked me if she can train with me on our weekend away

I've said if she behaves herself she can

Why you taking your bird to a gym Phil?
themissusIcon...09-10-2014 @ 09:22 
Member 5404, 23 posts
little_a said:If I recall correctly you said in your original post (the very first thread you made) that you had been abused for 15 years or so? If you put up with that abuse for 15 years what's changed that you now want to seemingly fight your husband, his mates, business partners and the combined membership of MT and Sugden (that I know of)?

If you had this much fight then your situation now would be greatly improve than it currently is. You're not just standing up for yourself you seemingly want to take on the world.
That is only down to one person. Surely you can see that?

Also, just a friendly word from someone who's been there. Online open communications are no place for divorces and separations. Whatever your intentions this won't end well for you. Sugden especially isn't the place for such emotions. I've seen guys dry bummed on here for doing nothing more than throwing a benchUnhappy

All I can say is that you clearly (like most people so it's not an insult) don't understand the dynamics of abusive relationships. And I really suggest you educate yourself. Not for my sake or your own but for your mothers, sisters, aunties, neices, daughters, friends....you might think that you'll never know anyone who is abused but in actual fact domestic violence harms at least as many women as cancer does. AND a third of all children are affected by it.

You will all know a woman who is being abused, whether you know it or not, and given the statistics it's probable that several of you are going home abusing your girlfriends and wives. Domestic Abuse is a massive epidemic, 2 women a week are killed by abusive partners, most of them nice affable blokes like Big Les or Oscar Pistorious, not what you'd consider murderers or monsters. This is not a womens issue, it's men who can make the most difference by standing up to these abusive men, rather than being like Phil Caine and Jay Caine and supporting and helping your friends/colleagues/blokes you know from he gym to be abusive you should educate yourself on Domestic Abuse and what it really looks like and tell these guys you know it's not acceptable, because one day it could be your daughter they're stealing from and battering.
JackRevansIcon...09-10-2014 @ 09:25 
'There was also a sausage in my mouth.'
Member 2477, 16481 posts
SQ 190, BP 130, DL 235
555.0 kgs @ 83kgs UnEq
some of us are abused by women. it arouses us
MrSmallIcon...09-10-2014 @ 10:09 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
Boar said:I am kinda interested

it just seems like a giant mess that needs walking away from - much like smalls sham wedding to my laura.

young and handsome &rt; old and triathlon-y

KABLAM, s**tbird.
ChrisMcCarthyIcon...09-10-2014 @ 10:10 
Lost his pen, then found his pen. #phew
Member 4899, 2956 posts
I agree with the comments that this isn't the place for this but I am suprised at the strength of the negative reaction to it - at best this is a f**ked up situation for all concerned and one that I as a customer would want to be steering well clear of until it is resolved. My only problem is that blogs and threads like these may not go down so well if it comes to the Courts, so bear that in mind.
Rees94Icon...09-10-2014 @ 10:19 
Member 5512, 14 posts
Having worked for several years in a Domestic Violence Unit I understand where you are coming from with your anger and rage if the what you have stated is true. However what you are doing is not going to help you in the slightest. Whilst the perpetrators of domestic abuse (men and women) should be ousted and known publicly it would better served that the friend,s family, business partners, etc find out through legal recourse of the court.

Unfortunately the way you appear to be going about this is far more likely to turn the very people you are trying to make aware of the happenings away from the situation and against you. Let the system and the courts deal with the matter whilst you go about caring for your children and giving them the love and attention they need to help them deal with the situation.

The truth does come out (more often than not). I know from experience when it does you will receive more help and support from others than you will from ever following this course of action.
As a side you may wish to be careful about what you place on the internet, as already stated it could be taken as libel and amount to harassment.
hixxy1985Icon...09-10-2014 @ 10:23 
www.grahamhicks.co.uk
Member 994, 9594 posts
SQ 330, BP 250, DL 405
985.0 kgs @ 135kgs UnEq
a little birdie told me some idiot drove their car into the muscle factory doors.

Dont know how true this is.

Was some loopy ex owner i believe.
themissusIconThank you Rees and Chris09-10-2014 @ 10:30 
Member 5404, 23 posts
Rees, you are right, that's good advice, however you probably know that the courts often fail abuse victims and the system isn't always set up so that perpetrators get held accountable for their actions in court, in my case, I like many other women, was manipulated into dropping the charges. And as for the situation with the gym Legal Aid has become incredibly hard to get, you wouldn't believe the fight I had to put up against the Legal Aid board to get it for family court to protect the kids, whilst I am still trying to get it to deal with the financial side it's just not as likely to be forthcoming.

I have had loads and loads of support from almost all our mutual friends, from family, from professionals, the police and social services have actually been helpful! and to be fair, I know most people on here will take sides with their gym buddy (although thanks to all those who have sent PM's expressing support for me) but really as harsh as it sounds, none of you guys are of any consequence to my life so whether you all support me or believe me or not doesn't bother me, those who matter do. It's more about getting through the angry phase in the way I choose to and yelling and shouting that its wrong....we all heal differently, we're all affected by abuse differently, I know from talking to other victims and survivors that my response isn't necessarily what others do ;o)

And I know I have to be careful that what I say isn't construed as harrasment, I have checked that it's legal for me to make a fuss before I did ;o) But thank you, my friends have given me similar advice to just leave it and be careful but I'm not known for my wise choices (hence my choice of spouse) ;o)
themissusIcon...09-10-2014 @ 10:38 
Member 5404, 23 posts
hixxy1985 said:a little birdie told me some idiot drove their car into the muscle factory doors.

Wow This is a great advert for Grosvenor Windows isn't it...."we make magic UPVC doors that can be driven into by a van and not sustain any damage"
hixxy1985Icon...09-10-2014 @ 10:48 
www.grahamhicks.co.uk
Member 994, 9594 posts
SQ 330, BP 250, DL 405
985.0 kgs @ 135kgs UnEq
themissus said:

Wow This is a great advert for Grosvenor Windows isn't it...."we make magic UPVC doors that can be driven into by a van and not sustain any damage"

your sarcasm is good

but doesnt outshine your insanity

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions