Who's Online - 1 member and 148 guests
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitGrey area

Grey area

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

BoarIcon...27-07-2014 @ 08:47 
Walk your talk
Member 5, 25555 posts
Administrator
I would think its more the poor c**ts in palastine smalls !!

AND I worked as a brickies labourer in Oz and it was incredibly f**king hard graft !

sofaboy !!!!
Dan_EvansIcon...27-07-2014 @ 09:40 
Member 2793, 523 posts
SQ 245, BP 175, DL 302.5
722.5 kgs @ 84kgs UnEq
Did anyone else think this thread was going to be about either squat depth or PEDs?
dave_rogersonIcon...27-07-2014 @ 12:50 
Member 4046, 590 posts
Post Edited: 27.07.2014 @ 12:50 PM by dave_rogerson
WARNING: THIS MAY BE LONG

Going to be 100% honest. I love my job (I'm an academic, as you know). Here is the lowdown. Its a b**ch at times Al. I can get stupidly busy, always take work home with me, which means evenings, weekends and annual leave/holidays I will often have to work. I have pressure on me to do my teaching to the highest high standard, generate income for the University, conduct research, etc. With my role I essentially organise and manage two undergrad degrees and deal with red tape, bureaucracy and rubbish daily on top of the expected stuff I did above.

It can be overwhelming.

But you know what, it isn't really work mate. Yep it stressful and busy but everyday I learn something new. I am in an environment where knowledge is everywhere and I work with experts in all manner of fields. The University have paid for me to become even more educated (they paid for my post-grad teaching and doctorate education) and made time available for me to do it. I teach people about stuff I am genuinely fascinated by all the time and they appreciate it. At the end of the academic year this year I had a bunch of my students email me to say how much of an influence I had been on them and that they wanted to thank me for all that I had done.

How amazing is that?

Mate. I've done some hard, hard work over the years and this is not one of them. If you want a job/career like this, then do it.

You will need level 7 education at the minimum. That means an MSc. Get experience of teaching if you can. So, get work at a college / further education institute, keep applying for any PhD opportunties that come up and get as much experience as you can as a consultant / strength coach. If you can pick up teaching-related qualifications then do it.

Depending on the roles that come up, you do not "have" to have a PhD. Case in point, this past week I interviewed a bunch of people for one of my courses and for the role I wanted someone with lots of experience working within industry. The guy we appointed did not have a PhD or even an MSc. He has, however, been a high level coach and done a ton of work in his field.

I think the stuff you will be doing with BWL will be a great start.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitGrey area
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions