REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 160 guests
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitcoronavirus

coronavirus

Users viewing topic: & 2 Guests

Closed This thread has been closed by a moderator. Replies are no longer possible.

12345678910 ... 132133134 ... 153154155156157158159160161162163

lukiIcon...10-03-2021 @ 19:22 
Member 5517, 1538 posts
SQ 160, BP 165, DL 201
526.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:I had a mini emotional breakdown last week and have been feeling a bit fragile on and off. Covid/lockdown has really ground me down Unhappy

It's the boredom that does it for me. I find negative emotions amplified by it. It sucks up all my motivation. I gave up 2 weeks ago and visited with friends (walk in mountains) and then had a meal in my mum and dad this weekend. Also booked a staycation for May to have something to look forward to. I feel a lot better since. Worth a try wayne.
dannyboy73Icon...10-03-2021 @ 19:45 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
like most people mate...and the best advice for Wayne.

deserves a tune.

luki said:
It's the boredom that does it for me. I find negative emotions amplified by it. It sucks up all my motivation. I gave up 2 weeks ago and visited with friends (walk in mountains) and then had a meal in my mum and dad this weekend. Also booked a staycation for May to have something to look forward to. I feel a lot better since. Worth a try wayne.

dannyboy73Icon...10-03-2021 @ 19:46 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
like most people mate...and the best advice for Wayne.

deserves a tune.

luki said:

WILLSANIcon...10-03-2021 @ 21:41 
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/03/08/josh-rogin-chaos-...

In 2018, Diplomats Warned of Risky Coronavirus Experiments in a Wuhan Lab. No One Listened.

On January 15, in its last days, President Donald Trump’s State Department put out a statement with serious claims about the origins of the Covid-19 pandemic. The statement said the U.S. intelligence community had evidence that several researchers at the Wuhan Institute of Virology laboratory were sick with Covid-like symptoms in autumn 2019—implying the Chinese government had hidden crucial information about the outbreak for months—and that the WIV lab, despite “presenting itself as a civilian institution,” was conducting secret research projects with the Chinese military. The State Department alleged a Chinese government cover-up and asserted that “Beijing continues today to withhold vital information that scientists need to protect the world from this deadly virus, and the next one.”

The exact origin of the new coronavirus remains a mystery to this day, but the search for answers is not just about assigning blame. Unless the source is located, the true path of the virus can’t be traced, and scientists can’t properly study the best ways to prevent future outbreaks.

The original Chinese government story, that the pandemic spread from a seafood market in Wuhan, was the first and therefore most widely accepted theory. But cracks in that theory slowly emerged throughout the late winter and spring of 2020. The first known case of Covid-19 in Wuhan, it was revealed in February, had no connection to the market. The Chinese government closed the market in January and sanitized it before proper samples could be taken. It wouldn’t be until May that the Chinese Centers for Disease Control disavowed the market theory, admitting it had no idea how the outbreak began, but by then it had become the story of record, in China and internationally.

In the spring of 2020, inside the U.S. government, some officials began to see and collect evidence of a different, perhaps more troubling theory—that the outbreak had a connection to one of the laboratories in Wuhan, among them the WIV, a world leading center of research on bat coronaviruses.

To some inside the government, the name of the laboratory was familiar. Its research on bat viruses had already drawn the attention of U.S. diplomats and officials at the Beijing Embassy in late 2017, prompting them to alert Washington that the lab’s own scientists had reported “a serious shortage of appropriately trained technicians and investigators needed to safely operate this high-containment laboratory.”

But their cables to Washington were ignored.

bat soup proponents: **silence**
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...10-03-2021 @ 22:07 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22018 posts
luki said:

Thanks for that post. Pleased to hear that you're feeling better Happy
lukiIcon...11-03-2021 @ 20:55 
Member 5517, 1538 posts
SQ 160, BP 165, DL 201
526.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
See lots of EU countries stopping using Astra Z due to the killer blood clots. Denmark, Estonia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia and Austria so far.

Russia is offering vaccine tourism from next Wednesday, via travel agents and Norwegian Air. Sputnik V. Half tempted to book a holiday there as medical treatment is one of the criteria for emergency travel here in ireland.
BigMaccaIcon...11-03-2021 @ 21:44 
understanding of the sport, little he has.
Member 798, 9941 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
luki said:See lots of EU countries stopping using Astra Z due to the killer blood clots. Denmark, Estonia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia and Austria so far.

Russia is offering vaccine tourism from next Wednesday, via travel agents and Norwegian Air. Sputnik V. Half tempted to book a holiday there as medical treatment is one of the criteria for emergency travel here in ireland.

For context;

"There is currently no indication that vaccination has caused these conditions, which are not listed as side effects with this vaccine," the European Medicines Agency (EMA) said on Thursday.

"The vaccine's benefits continue to outweigh its risks and the vaccine can continue to be administered while investigation of cases of thromboembolic events is ongoing," it added.

It said there had been 30 cases of "thromboembolic events" among the five million Europeans who have received the jab.

The number of cases in vaccinated people was no higher than in the general population

The counties mentioned have only paused the AstraZenica rollout whilst the batch is investigated.

This is a problem with vaccinating 100's of millions of people in a short space of time.
A proportion of those people are going to die within 2 weeks of getting the vaccine from completely unrelated causes. Correlation does not equal causation, but it's very good that things are being properly investigated
lukiIcon...11-03-2021 @ 22:30 
Member 5517, 1538 posts
SQ 160, BP 165, DL 201
526.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
BigMacca said:
...it's very good that things are being properly investigated

Are they though. It usually takes European Medical Agency a decade to approve a vaccine. These vaccines where rushed through in days. Political pressure will mean this investigation is concluded just as quickly. Is anyone in doubt what the result will be?
BigMaccaIcon...11-03-2021 @ 23:40 
understanding of the sport, little he has.
Member 798, 9941 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 11.03.2021 @ 23:56 PM by BigMacca
luki said:
Are they though. It usually takes European Medical Agency a decade to approve a vaccine. These vaccines where rushed through in days. Political pressure will mean this investigation is concluded just as quickly. Is anyone in doubt what the result will be?

With the potential issue affecting just 0.0006% of the 5 million people vaccinated in Europe, then no, the outcome isn't really in any doubt.

If we add the 23 million people in the UK who have had the vaccine, then we are looking at 0.0001%, or 1 in a million...

It also doesn't take a decade to approve a vaccine. A typical lifecycle from inception to approval can certainly take a decade, but the majority of that time is spent lobbying for money to fund the next stage of development.
For this particular set of vaccines, funds were effectivity made unlimited and you can see what the result was.

Here's some reading if you fancy it.

http://theconversation.com/less-than-a-year-to-develop-a-covid...
lukiIcon...12-03-2021 @ 09:28 
Member 5517, 1538 posts
SQ 160, BP 165, DL 201
526.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
The speed of a phase 2 vaccine has nothing to do with red tape being reduced. The miricle was Vaccine makers got unconditional huge grants from government, so didn't have to fundraise.

Vaccine makers also had SARS and MERS vaccines, which attacked the spike protein. Vaccine makers reused this biotech to attack Covid19. They knew this would likely work because Vaccine makers got access to WHO research into the virus including the gene sequence from WHO because there was a huge push internationally for this. This part is impressive for me. Imagine all big killing diseases got this type of push.

Phase 3 trials take the longest in testing, because researchers have to wait for enough participants to be exposed to a virus naturally. EMA waved this requirement for Emergency Vaccines. This cut years from testing by not testing.

We are now in a live phase 4 trial where EMA allows testing of the vaccines and monitors when people report the negative long term effects. This is really important and shouldn't be trivialized by Cambridge Big Pharma Researchers. It also takes years to know the side effects, so its just to early to congratulate ourselves. We have to wait and see what the covid vaccine kids look like.
WILLSANIcon...13-03-2021 @ 15:19 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq

authoritative medical advisor.

sheisty big pharma representative.

perception is reality.
WILLSANIcon...14-03-2021 @ 09:42 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55659820

What are the Brazil, South Africa and UK variants and will vaccines work?

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)...

Safety and efficacy of the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine (AZD1222) against SARS-CoV-2: an interim analysis of four randomised controlled trials in Brazil, South Africa, and the UK

spooky.
RickIcon...14-03-2021 @ 14:23 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10032 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
It's almost like those were countries with massive outbreaks, where a trial can be meaningful and where mutations are most likely to arise...
WILLSANIcon...14-03-2021 @ 19:17 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
Rick said:It's almost like those were countries with massive outbreaks, where a trial can be meaningful and where mutations are most likely to arise...

trials started april 23rd.

7 day covid death average in brazil on april 23rd: 201

7 day covid death average in south africa on april 23rd: 4

7 day covid death average in the uk on april 23rd: 825

no massive outbreak in brazil or south africa before the trial started and south africas biggest spike occurs about a month after the trial ended on november 4th.

south africa and its neighbours are conspicuous in having much larger outbreaks than the bulk of africa - after the trial.

given that mrna vaccines have never been used on human populations before, and at scale, I think it would be prudent to investigate possible links between their use and viral mutation. particularly as there seems to be a correlation in where the trials were held and the where the 'variants of concern' have appeared. correlation does not necessarily mean causation but I would think that ruling out a link should be a priority. if, for example, we were somehow helping the virus in a 'viral escape' with the vaccine we would truly be hoisting ourselves with our own petard.
RickIcon...14-03-2021 @ 21:09 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10032 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
AZD1222 is not an MRNA vaccine.

12345678910 ... 132133134 ... 153154155156157158159160161162163

You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitcoronavirus
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions