REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 59 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitXmas WSM 2019

Xmas WSM 2019

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

1234

MikenetoIcon...03-01-2020 @ 13:26 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1779 posts
Post Edited: 04.01.2020 @ 00:11 AM by Mikeneto
Events were favourable for Licis but it is just how the events fall. I will show you the obvious pattern for the blind and stupid. 3yr cycle.

2012 max OH, deadlift for reps
2013 max deadlift, OH for reps
2014 squat for reps, OH medley or OH for reps
2015 max OH, deadlift for reps
2016 max deadlift, OH for reps
2017 squat for reps, OH for reps...but they threw in max deadlift because of Hall which threw it off.
2018 max OH, deadlift for reps

2019 ...now because of the 2017 having both squats and max deadlift it left this one open...they went for squats and OH for reps...which considering every comp has max deadlift is a good decision. Also would mean max deadlift 3 out of the last 4 years if they went with deadlift.

All the athletes kinda know wsm 2020 will be deadlift for max and OH for reps and what they will aim their training at.

It wasn't in Licis backyard...it is about 3000 miles away. USA is big.

Loading events have been done on sand for a fair few years now...a long time before Licis was considered champion material.

He also came 2nd at the Arnold's with completely different events.

Also he totally dominated wsm 2019...he barely dropped points.
93hopkinsonrIcon...03-01-2020 @ 17:30 
Avatar
Mr.Potato deadlift
Member 2675, 3675 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 300
780.0 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
Donít think it was tailored for Licis. If anything I think the producers would want Thor to win, he seems to be the new poster boy since Hall retired
BoarIcon...03-01-2020 @ 17:45 
Avatar
Ask me who I was ô
Member 5, 24271 posts
Administrator
Enjoyed it this year great to see Bish do so well , If i recall he came to watch me win the midlands strongest man U90 AND eddie hall was helping out on that day , although the eddie bit cant be confirmed as he looked alot different back then and i didnt speak to him.

I cant help but think it was ME who inspired them both.

or mabie it was jamie getting rolled over backwards by that anvil.


I dont agree with the 2+3rd place stone off , but it did work out well this time for the brits
Fakeinjury17Icon...04-01-2020 @ 09:04 
Member 6229, 64 posts
SQ 140, BP 150, DL 260
550.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
I enjoyed the competition. Licis was a likeable winner.

Does Hicks not do WSM anymore? And has Paul Smith stopped competing?

Hopefully see Brunning there next year.
BoarIcon...04-01-2020 @ 09:58 
Avatar
Ask me who I was ô
Member 5, 24271 posts
Administrator
Hixxy declined his invitation I believe , not sure if this is because after 4 or 5 appearences , WSM is a bit of a chore or he fancied a bit of powerlifting
dannyboy73Icon...04-01-2020 @ 19:34 
Avatar not found
Pre-Op
Member 4600, 6814 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
haddnt watched the final only snipits until this week...

By the gods Special K is an overhead explosion.

THE MOST IMPORTANT BIT OF WSM IS WATCHING IT WITH FAMILY AND SEEING THE INSPERATION IT INSTILLS IN OUR LITTLE KIDS.

Interestingly, when I sat down today with my 5 year old Magnus and 4 year old Thor they didnt support the same boys as me.

I thought Thor would be routing for..Thor! however, he was quiet taken with big Tom especially his stone run and would not accept the end - result he decided young Tom was the winner this year and wanted to know where his trophy was Grin

Magnus..he just said he would go faster if he was there. oh to be young...Roll-Eyes
oggy22Icon...08-01-2020 @ 12:45 
Please insult me further!!
Member 5626, 92 posts
SQ 165, BP 110, DL 210
485.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
dannyboy73 said:haddnt watched the final only snipits until this week...

By the gods Special K is an overhead explosion.

THE MOST IMPORTANT BIT OF WSM IS WATCHING IT WITH FAMILY AND SEEING THE INSPERATION IT INSTILLS IN OUR LITTLE KIDS.

Interestingly, when I sat down today with my 5 year old Magnus and 4 year old Thor they didnt support the same boys as me.

I thought Thor would be routing for..Thor! however, he was quiet taken with big Tom especially his stone run and would not accept the end - result he decided young Tom was the winner this year and wanted to know where his trophy was Grin

Magnus..he just said he would go faster if he was there. oh to be young...Roll-Eyes


Special K was unreal on the overhead medley - popped them 60kg dumbbells as if they were 10kg ones and popped up the log in one movement - unreal!!! Be interesting to see if he could beat Big Z's log record - I believe Big Z is targeting a 2021 return and wants to beat his own log record
slimsimIcon...09-01-2020 @ 11:20 
My asshole is not watertight.
Member 2926, 5948 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 107.5, DL 225
550.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
oggy22 said:
Special K was unreal on the overhead medley - popped them 60kg dumbbells as if they were 10kg ones and popped up the log in one movement - unreal!!! Be interesting to see if he could beat Big Z's log record - I believe Big Z is targeting a 2021 return and wants to beat his own log record


I can't imagine Big Z beating any records now, let alone one which he did when fairly healthy and injury free 5-years ago. That 5-years makes a big difference once you pass 40.
oggy22Icon...10-01-2020 @ 12:00 
Please insult me further!!
Member 5626, 92 posts
SQ 165, BP 110, DL 210
485.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
slimsim said:
I can't imagine Big Z beating any records now, let alone one which he did when fairly healthy and injury free 5-years ago. That 5-years makes a big difference once you pass 40.


He always just did enough to break the record though - I think he will have lifted more in the gym and he is a freak of nature. Think the 2 years not competing by then will do him good
billynomatesIcon...10-01-2020 @ 17:26 
Member 4923, 1082 posts
I watched the WSM final last night and didnt find it as good as previous years. Z is a big loss but Licis is a great showman and deserving champion and it will be interesting to see how his rivalry with Kielz develops.
Fakeinjury17Icon...11-01-2020 @ 12:26 
Member 6229, 64 posts
SQ 140, BP 150, DL 260
550.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Boar said:Hixxy declined his invitation I believe , not sure if this is because after 4 or 5 appearences , WSM is a bit of a chore or he fancied a bit of powerlifting


thanks. He works full time too so I bet time is difficult to get off work too.
mikecmIcon...11-01-2020 @ 19:33 
Member 6297, 80 posts
Anyone know what is happening at Arnold Santa Monica? I know Licis needs to win to qualify for the Arnold proper.
DeanW92Icon...11-01-2020 @ 20:40 
Member 4496, 1355 posts
SQ 240, BP 200, DL 300
740.0 kgs @ 112kgs UnEq
mikecm said:Anyone know what is happening at Arnold Santa Monica? I know Licis needs to win to qualify for the Arnold proper.


And brian shaw too
MikenetoIcon...12-01-2020 @ 11:44 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1779 posts
Licis will qualify.
mikecmIcon...12-01-2020 @ 20:19 
Member 6297, 80 posts
Just realised it is actually next week.. looks an interesting comp though. Suspect Licis will do well, seems to have got over his nerve damage in his arm in recent vids

1234

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitXmas WSM 2019
© Sugden Barbell 2020 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto