REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 179 guests

World's Strongest Woman

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

123456

macrothIcon...16-03-2022 @ 21:43 
Avatar
no longer the Swiss Deadlift record holder
Member 3517, 3367 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 122.5, DL 255
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
KevC86 said:
danbaseley said:I can't remember the last time I saw anyone "max out", or even fail a yoke run.


It is depressingly common among amateurs. I cry inside anytime i see someone post a 10m Yoke PB.


While this may be true, "train yoke light and fast" is (good) advice you can easily find on the Internet or get from any half-decent online coach or cookie-cutter training template. I'm not sure it's going to give anyone an edge at the WSW level.
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...16-03-2022 @ 21:56 
Avatar
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22040 posts
macroth said:
While this may be true, "train yoke light and fast" is (good) advice you can easily find on the Internet or get from any half-decent online coach or cookie-cutter training template. I'm not sure it's going to give anyone an edge at the WSW level.


Yes, it's pretty bog standard training knowledge.
PaulSavageIcon...17-03-2022 @ 00:19 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
macroth said:
While this may be true, "train yoke light and fast" is (good) advice you can easily find on the Internet or get from any half-decent online coach or cookie-cutter training template. I'm not sure it's going to give anyone an edge at the WSW level.

Who said it would?
AdamTIcon...01-05-2022 @ 09:25 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
It appears Rebecca has won Uks Strongest woman with a dominating display, winning 4 of the 5 events

She has definitely become the real deal. Congratulations to her
KevC86Icon...01-05-2022 @ 09:30 
Avatar
Member 5141, 4197 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 350
830.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 01.05.2022 @ 09:34 AM by KevC86
AdamT said:It appears Rebecca has won Uks Strongest woman with a dominating display, winning 4 of the 5 events

She has definitely become the real deal. Congratulations to her


Unless I'm remembering wrong she didn't win DB or deadlift. Moore took DB and Unders obliterated the deadlift (200 x 18, who the flock does that??).
She did make embarrassingly easy work of the car hold.
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...01-05-2022 @ 09:31 
Avatar
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22040 posts
Well done to her Happy
samue1sonIcon...01-05-2022 @ 14:42 
Avatar
Member 4416, 1369 posts
SQ 210, BP 175, DL 240
625.0 kgs @ 122kgs UnEq
More power to her.
Good work.
dannyboy73Icon...02-05-2022 @ 16:08 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
indeed.
samue1son said:More power to her.
Good work.



and just a though...If most of us identified as a woman...and entered this comp at our peaks. It ocured to me that we would still have had our arses kicked Grin
unit94Icon...03-05-2022 @ 10:17 
Avatar
what is everyone's fran time?
Member 3986, 10443 posts
SQ 340, BP 200, DL 400
940.0 kgs @ 129kgs Eq
KevC86 said:
Unless I'm remembering wrong she didn't win DB or deadlift. Moore took DB and Unders obliterated the deadlift (200 x 18, who the flock does that??).
She did make embarrassingly easy work of the car hold.


Joint win with Donna on dumbbell mate.
unit94Icon...03-05-2022 @ 10:18 
Avatar
what is everyone's fran time?
Member 3986, 10443 posts
SQ 340, BP 200, DL 400
940.0 kgs @ 129kgs Eq
Obviously things can change quickly in sport but after seeing Becca on Saturday, it's going to be a very tough task for anyone to beat her in any comp. If she can win a pressing event the other ladies will really struggle to take points off her.
PaulSavageIcon...03-05-2022 @ 14:26 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
KevC86 said:
Unless I'm remembering wrong she didn't win DB or deadlift. Moore took DB and Unders obliterated the deadlift (200 x 18, who the flock does that??).
She did make embarrassingly easy work of the car hold.

Yeah tied Donna with 8 reps on the dumbbell, made a mistake after 3 reps that threw off the rest of the event for her an ran out of time. Lucy is one hell of a deadlifter, i said to Becca if she does 15 or more just do enough for second place so she just did one more than Donna an stopped. Had done the 10 with 30 secs to go an all moved the same so obviously a good few more there but no way 9 more. She did 2 minutes with more in the tank on a car in training that she said felt the same weight so yeah the car hold was pretty comfy for her.
PaulSavageIcon...03-05-2022 @ 14:40 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
unit94 said:Obviously things can change quickly in sport but after seeing Becca on Saturday, it's going to be a very tough task for anyone to beat her in any comp. If she can win a pressing event the other ladies will really struggle to take points off her.

I think so too, especially because Donna, Lucy and Annabelle all performed really well an there was still a large margin not just in points but also in terms of how far ahead Becca was to the 2nd place result in some of the events she won. I feel like this would have been the case at worlds last year too if not for her knees being so bad, she would have won 4 of the events otherwise imo so i think that kind of masked where she was really at an it's been shown now.

Definitely not going to be getting complacent, its right back to the grind but at the same time this may have very well been the most dominant performance in the history of strongwoman in terms of at a high level contest so have to take a step back an be happy about it too.
RebeccaRobertsIcon...03-05-2022 @ 14:43 
update game is weak
Member 6289, 173 posts
SQ 220, BP 120, DL 228
568.0 kgs @ 175kgs UnEq
AdamT said:It appears Rebecca has won Uks Strongest woman with a dominating display, winning 4 of the 5 events

She has definitely become the real deal. Congratulations to her


Thank you Happy

And thanks all for the kind words, I appreciate it Happy

It was definitely a good performance. Last year I was quite badly injured for Brits and world's with knee issues but these have now been worked on and I came into this comp pretty much niggle free

Paul has worked so hard to get me to where I am today in the sport and couldn't thank him enough, lots more to come though and we are making a push of my YouTube channel if you could subscribe and support there too 💕
KevC86Icon...03-05-2022 @ 16:29 
Avatar
Member 5141, 4197 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 350
830.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
Yeah tied Donna with 8 reps on the dumbbell, made a mistake after 3 reps that threw off the rest of the event for her an ran out of time. Lucy is one hell of a deadlifter, i said to Becca if she does 15 or more just do enough for second place so she just did one more than Donna an stopped. Had done the 10 with 30 secs to go an all moved the same so obviously a good few more there but no way 9 more. She did 2 minutes with more in the tank on a car in training that she said felt the same weight so yeah the car hold was pretty comfy for her.


I apologize, I'd not realized they tied.

Yeah i agree entirely on the deads.
It was clear at the time she was just focused on beating Moore rather than going after the win. I don't think 15 would have been beyond her.
HamIcon...03-05-2022 @ 18:09 
Ham but hey
Member 4787, 205 posts
Can someone pop a fresh link to Rebecca's YT channel please?

123456

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions