REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 63 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.

World Deadlift Championship Predictions

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... 333435 ... 6061626364656667686970

EllD90Icon...20-06-2016 @ 13:02 
Avatar
Member 4522, 1898 posts
SQ 222.5, BP 152.5, DL 245
620.0 kgs @ 120kgs UnEq
Wes said:Does anyone else feel like the Deadlift is taking the edge off the actual ESM itself ?


I went in 2014, everyone spent so much energy on the deadlift, the actual competition was a bit of an anti-climax after. Still very enjoyable.
MikenetoIcon...20-06-2016 @ 13:26 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1953 posts
The_Lone_Wolf said:
I was hoping his recent return to competing had seen his injuries as a thing of the past.
Hixxy, thoughts on Shaws recent lifts, and any predictions for the deadlift event?


It does look like his brother has took his spot for ESM. But on Savickas facebook him and Lalas did a comp over the weekend.

I reckon they will both do WSM.
chalkIcon...20-06-2016 @ 17:42 
Member 5929, 29 posts
EllD90 said:
I went in 2014, everyone spent so much energy on the deadlift, the actual competition was a bit of an anti-climax after. Still very enjoyable.


I went that year and if I remember rightly, quite a lot of the ESM competitors got injured before or during the competition proper as a result of the deadlift. That said, the deadlift competition made for an excellent day out
Robbo91Icon...20-06-2016 @ 17:48 
Doesn't like tall people very much.
Member 5708, 391 posts
SQ 260, BP 195, DL 275
730.0 kgs @ 137.5kgs UnEq
chalk said:
I went that year and if I remember rightly, quite a lot of the ESM competitors got injured before or during the competition proper as a result of the deadlift. That said, the deadlift competition made for an excellent day out


Yeah I was there as well. Lalas got injured. Loz tore a lat. Eddie pulled out after that 461. Wildauer never finished. Only 5 out of 10 finished the comp I think.
FlooblerIcon...20-06-2016 @ 18:08 
Avatar
Member 5964, 573 posts
SQ 240, BP 160, DL 265
665.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Robbo91 said:
Yeah I was there as well. Lalas got injured. Loz tore a lat. Eddie pulled out after that 461. Wildauer never finished. Only 5 out of 10 finished the comp I think.


Koklyaev also pulled out with an injury after the deadlift. Tbh the deadlift champs seems to have become much more important than ESM, everyone remembers Ed's deadlift but people don't seem to care Thors won the comp the last two years
JohnIcon...20-06-2016 @ 18:57 
#biggef
Member 5263, 3492 posts
SQ 260, BP 195, DL 260
715.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
Just saw a video of Shaw pulling 484kg ........however 52kg of it is made up of band resistance.he pulled it for a double though straps n belt. What you guy think of that?
peanutsIcon...20-06-2016 @ 19:59 
Avatar
Beef liver and peanuts
Member 3618, 222 posts
SQ 240, BP 160, DL 280
680.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
Eddie seams a little quiet as of late regarding deadlift videos....maybe he has something special for us all,hope so
billynomatesIcon...20-06-2016 @ 20:09 
Member 4923, 1420 posts
What do you folks make of the video Shaw posted? 430+ kg with 50 kilo of bands.
hixxy1985Icon...20-06-2016 @ 21:05 
Avatar
www.grahamhicks.co.uk
Member 994, 9594 posts
SQ 330, BP 250, DL 405
985.0 kgs @ 135kgs UnEq
I'm very good friends with Brian. We don't speak about esm much but he really doesn't think 500 is happening but hats off to someone if they do.

He's keen to compete with max dead at wsm so he's serious about it that's for sure
WesIcon...20-06-2016 @ 21:05 
31.6 and Obese !! Get in....
Member 869, 1355 posts
SQ 320, BP 200, DL 310
830.0 kgs @ 97.5kgs Eq
peanuts said:Eddie seams a little quiet as of late regarding deadlift videos....maybe he has something special for us all,hope so


Might also have realised he's run out of time and 500kg ain't going nowhere !! Haha
WesIcon...20-06-2016 @ 21:08 
31.6 and Obese !! Get in....
Member 869, 1355 posts
SQ 320, BP 200, DL 310
830.0 kgs @ 97.5kgs Eq
billynomates said:What do you folks make of the video Shaw posted? 430+ kg with 50 kilo of bands.


I'm always sceptical when bands are included. Always sounds better on paper. They serve a great purpose in a training sense, but can be a little mis-leading also.

Still, impressive as f**k, and I fancy him to win the event should he want it.
WesIcon...20-06-2016 @ 21:15 
31.6 and Obese !! Get in....
Member 869, 1355 posts
SQ 320, BP 200, DL 310
830.0 kgs @ 97.5kgs Eq
Post Edited: 20.06.2016 @ 21:16 PM by Wes
.
WesIcon...20-06-2016 @ 21:15 
31.6 and Obese !! Get in....
Member 869, 1355 posts
SQ 320, BP 200, DL 310
830.0 kgs @ 97.5kgs Eq
.
JohnIcon...20-06-2016 @ 23:00 
#biggef
Member 5263, 3492 posts
SQ 260, BP 195, DL 260
715.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
Wes said:
I'm always sceptical when bands are included. Always sounds better on paper. They serve a great purpose in a training sense, but can be a little mis-leading also.
Still, impressive as f**k, and I fancy him to win the event should he want it.


It is an impressive feat plus it was twice,but..... He lifts the bar it breaks the floor an inch or two later the bar is in contact with the bands thus one could assume there is momentum before the resistance of the bands are applied,dare I say it? Would that be diffrent from breaking inertia from the floor? It's still amazing but is it as amazing as it sounds?
drex50Icon...20-06-2016 @ 23:44 
Avatar
It's a moonface era now.
Member 5901, 956 posts
peanuts said:Eddie seams a little quiet as of late regarding deadlift videos....maybe he has something special for us all,hope so



what special delivery people expect from him?

what different can he do in preparation compared to preparation for heaviest contest ASM
with deadlift for max first event

it's only 4-5 months difference? what do people expect to happen

Shaw looks to have duplicated his form maybe slightly better

12345678910 ... 333435 ... 6061626364656667686970

© Sugden Barbell 2021 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto