REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 171 guests
You are here: HomeForumNutritionWhat makes us fat?

What makes us fat?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

AMH_PowerIcon...07-07-2013 @ 15:37 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1442 posts
SQ 310, BP 250, DL 320
880.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 07.07.2013 @ 15:38 PM by AMH_Power
BigMacca said:It's all about calories in vs calories out, we all know that right?
It's what we've been told forever, how can it be wrong?

I actually weigh 110kg.

I was in the same boat as you but now I think bodyweight is directly related to calories but not so much fat.

The reason I believe this is I had to go no carb/keto for medical reasons as a trial before taking meds. I naturally increased calories to make up for lack of carbs. I went from 3k calories to 4k calories but non-carb.

All my calories were from nuts, meat, fish, coconut fat, olive oil and some green veg. I was eating ridiculous amounts, my bodyweight only went up by less than 2kg, but what amazed the s**t out of me was that I dropped from 19% to 16% BF.

I did this for just over 4 week, and my work capacity (but not max efforts) dropped drastically for the first 2 week, but then after that my work capacity returned to normal and could achieve my weekly tonnage.

My blood lipids have always been average, but even so after the 4 week my HDL levels increased, LDL lowered, and overall serum slightly decreased. My liver function actually improved (against docs expectations) and I felt energetic as f**k.

I'm a believer in carbs are bad news unless correctly moderated in frequency, amounts and even time....

But ironically I love my food, and so I sit writing this with a can of Rockstar in my hand!
glen_danburyIcon...07-07-2013 @ 18:28 
Member 735, 1193 posts
SQ 220, BP 135, DL 235
590.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
AMH_Power said:
I was in the same boat as you but now I think bodyweight is directly related to calories but not so much fat.
The reason I believe this is I had to go no carb/keto for medical reasons as a trial before taking meds. I naturally increased calories to make up for lack of carbs. I went from 3k calories to 4k calories but non-carb.
All my calories were from nuts, meat, fish, coconut fat, olive oil and some green veg. I was eating ridiculous amounts, my bodyweight only went up by less than 2kg, but what amazed the s**t out of me was that I dropped from 19% to 16% BF.
I did this for just over 4 week, and my work capacity (but not max efforts) dropped drastically for the first 2 week, but then after that my work capacity returned to normal and could achieve my weekly tonnage.
My blood lipids have always been average, but even so after the 4 week my HDL levels increased, LDL lowered, and overall serum slightly decreased. My liver function actually improved (against docs expectations) and I felt energetic as f**k.
I'm a believer in carbs are bad news unless correctly moderated in frequency, amounts and even time....
But ironically I love my food, and so I sit writing this with a can of Rockstar in my hand!

that's a nice anecdote, however the lasting thing I took from that is you class a can of rockstar as food!!!! Wink
PeteHodgsonIcon...07-07-2013 @ 18:36 
Has little understanding of the sugden
Member 677, 11338 posts
SQ 165, BP 125, DL 220
510.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
glen_danbury said:
that's a nice anecdote, however the lasting thing I took from that is you class a can of rockstar as food!!!! Wink

lol
I agree with both points.
AMH_PowerIcon...07-07-2013 @ 18:37 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1442 posts
SQ 310, BP 250, DL 320
880.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
glen_danbury said:

You mean all this time I've been lied to !?? bas***ds lol

You are here: HomeForumNutritionWhat makes us fat?
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions