12345678910 ... ... 5859606162636465666768

RickIcon...12-10-2020 @ 21:43 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10034 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
dannyboy73 said:you MISS understand.
the thing we should be discussing is that out of 770 young people zero require hoisptalisation and therefore this whole pandemic has been grossly exagerated.

This does not follow, for the reasons adequately explained by me earlier and many others elsewhere. This particular story is a GOOD NEWS story: lots of cases that were found and prevented from spreading further, to people who would, in some cases, have been less lucky.

The obvious comparison here is the now notorious wedding party in the US in mid lockdown, unusual because of how well traced the effects were. Several people ended up dying. None of them were actually at the wedding that was the superspreading event.

As for me being paid to spread an agenda: don't be so f**king ridiculous. This is NOT a "fear agenda". Did we learn nothing from the "project fear" bulls**t last time? Once again, it is the overwhelming worldwide expert consensus, and the fact that you prefer comforting lies from fringe platforms is not anybody's problem but yours. Unless, of course, you act recklessly and infect the innocent.
matthewvcIcon...12-10-2020 @ 22:38 
‘downsizing’
Member 5704, 3221 posts
SQ 280, BP 210, DL 320
810.0 kgs @ 96.3kgs UnEq
dannyboy73 said:no not at all. see this is the sort of fear message killing small business.
not unless the pensioners you are refering to were on their last legs with serious health issues.
if you are talking about healthy 65s. you need to look at the data. more chance of death in a car crash.

Funny you say: in my ‘other’ country more people die in a typical day of madness on the roads in Thailand than have died from covid in its entirety, yet the entire country is facing ruin under insane lockdowns, crippling its huge tourist economy.
WILLSANIcon...12-10-2020 @ 22:52 
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
corona-chan has infected the thread.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/803/913/db9.gif
dannyboy73Icon...13-10-2020 @ 16:34 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 13.10.2020 @ 19:26 PM by dannyboy73
Ive honestly lost track of these threads. Ive only kept posting because of the rude responses Ive received when I attempted to hand an olive branch of moderation...

the middle ground you utterly miss understood Rick:

Here in the uk, the government have opted for a worse case model from the outset...this appears to be your and a select few others position

Sweden chose a different model that dose not involve lockdowns, masks and just about any other restriction we've endured here. this is mine and many others position on these threads.

UK model relies on fear, the Swedish model - trust in the people to keep the ill safe whilst carrying on toward herd immunity. I would hardly label Sweden as 'fringe' or nutjobs. But you may is that what you are trying to communicate?

Now, it appears that you think I want mass genocide? When what I really want is what most in the UK want - a moderate model similar to Sweden albeit maybe with social distancing in place.

Can you see how by not agreeing to discuss the middle ground and basically saying your way is right (the worst case model) all other ground is incorrect may make you appear to be extreme and peddling the BBC and governments messages in this case? Perhaps Ive miss understood you?

Rick said:
This does not follow, for the reasons adequately explained by me earlier and many others elsewhere. This particular story is a GOOD NEWS story: lots of cases that were found and prevented from spreading further, to people who would, in some cases, have been less lucky.
The obvious comparison here is the now notorious wedding party in the US in mid lockdown, unusual because of how well traced the effects were. Several people ended up dying. None of them were actually at the wedding that was the superspreading event.
As for me being paid to spread an agenda: don't be so f**king ridiculous. This is NOT a "fear agenda". Did we learn nothing from the "project fear" bulls**t last time? Once again, it is the overwhelming worldwide expert consensus, and the fact that you prefer comforting lies from fringe platforms is not anybody's problem but yours. Unless, of course, you act recklessly and infect the innocent.
IrishMarcIcon...13-10-2020 @ 17:59 
no really Irish
Member 1196, 5908 posts
SQ 312, BP 230, DL 320
862.0 kgs @ 114kgs UnEq
https://i.ibb.co/dsN6XxL/Screen-Shot-2020-10-13-at-17-46-19.png

Cases per million for the last month.

Literally every expert I heard talking about this at the start said

- Lockdown was a delaying tactic
- Lockdown to suppress a peak basically ensured a second peak
- In leiu of a vaccine you can either lockdown till there is no virus in the country and control the borders or you can live with the Virus

The only countries that have dealt with it reasonably IMO are South Asian countries that locked down hard/fast and used effective track and trace or New zeland who got the virus out of the comunity and then controlled the borders.

Sweden are interesting and will be born out through time if it was the right approach since they theortically will have shouldered the brunt of it now. Where as we will be in and out of peaks until we either get a vaccine or just let it run while trying to mitigate the impact.

Germany are very interesting they seem to have very little deaths in comparassion to other Major UK econimies and the US isn't anywhere near as bad as it's made out to be it's just f**king massive compared to european countries.

Masks etc are all grand for mitigation but your real goals should be isolating and quarantining cases, controlling the borders and keeping it suppressed in your population if you are trying to control the spread and keep it under control.

Which we made a complete and utter c**t out of.

The UK seemed tee'd up to go the Sweden route and then we shat the bed.
dannyboy73Icon...13-10-2020 @ 19:22 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
nice post sir.

Indeed, the government have a lot to answer for by not blocking out/ in of country travel at the start.

But its here and not going away... we are that point now and I agree, we just need to get on with it.
IrishMarc said:https://i.ibb.co/dsN6XxL/Screen-Shot-2020-10-13-at-17-46-19.png

Cases per million for the last month.

Literally every expert I heard talking about this at the start said

- Lockdown was a delaying tactic
- Lockdown to suppress a peak basically ensured a second peak
- In leiu of a vaccine you can either lockdown till there is no virus in the country and control the borders or you can live with the Virus

The only countries that have dealt with it reasonably IMO are South Asian countries that locked down hard/fast and used effective track and trace or New zeland who got the virus out of the comunity and then controlled the borders.

Sweden are interesting and will be born out through time if it was the right approach since they theortically will have shouldered the brunt of it now. Where as we will be in and out of peaks until we either get a vaccine or just let it run while trying to mitigate the impact.

Germany are very interesting they seem to have very little deaths in comparassion to other Major UK econimies and the US isn't anywhere near as bad as it's made out to be it's just f**king massive compared to european countries.

Masks etc are all grand for mitigation but your real goals should be isolating and quarantining cases, controlling the borders and keeping it suppressed in your population if you are trying to control the spread and keep it under control.

Which we made a complete and utter c**t out of.

The UK seemed tee'd up to go the Sweden route and then we shat the bed.
RickIcon...13-10-2020 @ 19:39 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10034 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
Danny are you saying I was rude? Because you, last night, suggested I was a paid traitor... I think my response was surprisingly mild, under the circumstances.

Once again, your position is not moderate in terms of the scientific advice OR the views of the general public (I posted the polling data in an attempt to make this point).

The problem with the Sweden model is it didn't work, even in Sweden, which is massively better suited to it than we are. Compared to their similar neighbours, they had massively more deaths, and as bad or worse economic impact. The idea it might start to look good down the line supposes that they are close to herd immunity, which they aren't.

The point of lockdown was
- most critically, to stop hospitals collapsing (and it looks like we need to do that again, because we didn't manage to do the next bit..)
- use the time to sort out functional test and trace, and a system to support people when isolating so that they actually do it. We didn't do this, because the government were too busy trying to shovel money to their staggeringly incompetent mates (at least, that's my read).

The countries that have done well had successful TTI programs in place before they opened back up. We still haven't got one now, which is why things are going so badly.

Many of the actions the government are currently taking are stupid. They cause suffering for little or no benefit. But they're not quite as stupid as doing nothing. (Doesn't mean we should be doing them, though. The SAGE advice from last month has now been published; it offers clear analysis of every sensible option, in terms of impact of the virus and collateral impacts. We are doing very little of what we should be, and plenty of nonsense.)

(There is nothing here I haven't posted before, but it's still true and apparently still needs saying.)
BigMaccaIcon...13-10-2020 @ 20:15 
understanding of the sport, little he has.
Member 798, 9942 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
Rick said:Danny are you saying I was rude? Because you, last night, suggested I was a paid traitor... I think my response was surprisingly mild, under the circumstances.

Once again, your position is not moderate in terms of the scientific advice OR the views of the general public (I posted the polling data in an attempt to make this point).

The problem with the Sweden model is it didn't work, even in Sweden, which is massively better suited to it than we are. Compared to their similar neighbours, they had massively more deaths, and as bad or worse economic impact. The idea it might start to look good down the line supposes that they are close to herd immunity, which they aren't.

The point of lockdown was
- most critically, to stop hospitals collapsing (and it looks like we need to do that again, because we didn't manage to do the next bit..)
- use the time to sort out functional test and trace, and a system to support people when isolating so that they actually do it. We didn't do this, because the government were too busy trying to shovel money to their staggeringly incompetent mates (at least, that's my read).

The countries that have done well had successful TTI programs in place before they opened back up. We still haven't got one now, which is why things are going so badly.

Many of the actions the government are currently taking are stupid. They cause suffering for little or no benefit. But they're not quite as stupid as doing nothing. (Doesn't mean we should be doing them, though. The SAGE advice from last month has now been published; it offers clear analysis of every sensible option, in terms of impact of the virus and collateral impacts. We are doing very little of what we should be, and plenty of nonsense.)

(There is nothing here I haven't posted before, but it's still true and apparently still needs saying.)

I wish there was a like button!
IrishMarcIcon...13-10-2020 @ 20:16 
no really Irish
Member 1196, 5908 posts
SQ 312, BP 230, DL 320
862.0 kgs @ 114kgs UnEq
Your point Re: Sweden can't be verified until probably 5-10 years from now as the pandemic has not run its course although until this point it's an accurate statement if not premature.
IrishMarcIcon...13-10-2020 @ 20:25 
no really Irish
Member 1196, 5908 posts
SQ 312, BP 230, DL 320
862.0 kgs @ 114kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 13.10.2020 @ 20:26 PM by IrishMarc
https://i.ibb.co/W2yFpMS/Screen-Shot-2020-10-13-at-20-18-01.png

Also, it is premature to cast any form of judgment on the economic impact, and surprisingly enough when the entirety of Europe shuts down everyone's economy tanks.

GDP isn't really a great measure of the internal economy or even the economy of a country.

The real economic impact probably isn't going to come home to roost until 2021-2022. For example in the UK there is probably going to be masses of business going under as the government loans that kept them afloat come due and they fold.
RickIcon...13-10-2020 @ 20:40 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10034 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
Can we now please return any COVID talk to the appropriate thread? I will remove any further COVID posts in here. Feel free to copy and paste any quote-replies to there.
WILLSANIcon...13-10-2020 @ 20:48 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
these posts are more related to the coronavirus thread than the posts in the coronavirus thread.

wu flu came from a chinese lab and epstein didnt kill himself.
IrishMarcIcon...13-10-2020 @ 21:26 
no really Irish
Member 1196, 5908 posts
SQ 312, BP 230, DL 320
862.0 kgs @ 114kgs UnEq
Thought that when I was making the posts Tongue god damned chinese virus
WILLSANIcon...14-10-2020 @ 15:54 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
joe biden's son, hunter, sleeping with a crack pipe.

https://kekpe.pe/i/5f87092c3a64f.jpg

this timeline is insane in the membrane. Grin
RickIcon...14-10-2020 @ 17:54 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10034 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
Still not as weird as who is currently in the White House, TBF.

12345678910 ... ... 5859606162636465666768

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitUS Presidency
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions