Who's Online - 1 member and 134 guests

Shoulder Surgery

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

MWIconShoulder Surgery10-03-2012 @ 09:39 
Member 3123, 6 posts
SQ 150, BP 90, DL 170
410.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Hi Guys,

Ive been struggling with an impingement in my right shoulder for the last 18 months. After physio and injections failed, a month ago I had subacromial decompression surgery to rectify the problem.

Has anybiody had this operation and can the tell how long it took them to recover? I know a lot of is is dependent on age (Im 31) and recovery ability but I'm getting a bit frustrated with how long its taking.

Also can anyone suggest some excercises I could do to get the movement back and build the strength back?

Cheers lads
craigmancIcon...10-03-2012 @ 09:52 
not much fun
Member 374, 3172 posts
My mate has just had this done and I have to go in for this minor op in the summer!!

He has been off work for two weeks and will have physio for a month after that. Then light weights for another month or so! Your probably looking at three months before back to full strength.

I have trained round mine for years, stopping training and then starting again. Now it is worse than ever so going under the knife as they say has to happen

Good luck mate its nowt major!!
MWIcon...10-03-2012 @ 10:00 
Member 3123, 6 posts
SQ 150, BP 90, DL 170
410.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Cheers mate.

Its just doing my head in - it doesnt help that all my weight training gear is set up in our dining room and Im itching to get going again.
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions