REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 64 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.

Shoulder Pain

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

ThingIconShoulder Pain26-06-2010 @ 08:22 
Avatar
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31822 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
Does Anyone Get it on the top of there shoulder and in to the side of the neck when doing bench?
drewIcon...26-06-2010 @ 08:59 
Avatar
I thought Joplin choked on a sandwich?
Member 616, 8405 posts
SQ 180, BP 130, DL 220
530.0 kgs @ 78.8kgs UnEq
Nope
martinbIcon...26-06-2010 @ 09:02 
Avatar
Grass fed
Member 1147, 7710 posts
SQ 220, BP 185, DL 272.5
677.5 kgs @ 113kgs UnEq
Thing said:Does Anyone Get it on the top of there shoulder and in to the side of the neck when doing bench?


Sometimes, and I find the cure for any shoulder pain is L flies
drewIcon...26-06-2010 @ 09:04 
Avatar
I thought Joplin choked on a sandwich?
Member 616, 8405 posts
SQ 180, BP 130, DL 220
530.0 kgs @ 78.8kgs UnEq
If you think how articulate your neck and shoulders are there are alot of small muscles that move them around. I only know two muscles between the two and that's the traps and sterno-clido-mastoid. The latter is the one that if you tense the front of your neck goes out wide and makes you look like a cardasian from star trek

how long has it been there

is it only on bench

how do you warm up for bench

do you move your head when you bench

and as a general note my shoulders and actually just in general I feel alot better since I've been doing alot of chins and fat mans. Think about it
martinbIcon...26-06-2010 @ 09:07 
Avatar
Grass fed
Member 1147, 7710 posts
SQ 220, BP 185, DL 272.5
677.5 kgs @ 113kgs UnEq
drew said:[/b

and as a general note my shoulders and actually just in general I feel alot better since I've been doing alot of chins and fat mans. Think about it


Me too, shoulders have been far better since I increased the chins
ThingIcon...26-06-2010 @ 09:08 
Avatar
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31822 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
its just on bench drew and its seems to be on the top of the shoulder and bottom of the trap and it sometimes shoot up into the neck. warm up is sore but after that its fine. is it just one of those thing?
drewIcon...26-06-2010 @ 09:19 
Avatar
I thought Joplin choked on a sandwich?
Member 616, 8405 posts
SQ 180, BP 130, DL 220
530.0 kgs @ 78.8kgs UnEq
Thing said:its just on bench drew and its seems to be on the top of the shoulder and bottom of the trap and it sometimes shoot up into the neck. warm up is sore but after that its fine. is it just one of those thing?


That sounds like a perfect example of a strongman going huhaahhh and sweeping something under the carpet cause it's manlier. Niggles turn into injuries which f**k you up

proffessional athletes wouldn't ignore it they have a team of people fixing them. So should you, just a cheaper nhs version


Ask your back guy or a gp about it and get some physio and thank me later
ThingIcon...26-06-2010 @ 09:24 
Avatar
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31822 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
drew said:
That sounds like a perfect example of a strongman going huhaahhh and sweeping something under the carpet cause it's manlier. Niggles turn into injuries which f**k you up
proffessional athletes wouldn't ignore it they have a team of people fixing them. So should you, just a cheaper nhs version
Ask your back guy or a gp about it and get some physio and thank me later


its only just started
drewIcon...26-06-2010 @ 09:26 
Avatar
I thought Joplin choked on a sandwich?
Member 616, 8405 posts
SQ 180, BP 130, DL 220
530.0 kgs @ 78.8kgs UnEq
Thing said:
its only just started


Then it'll be easier to treat than a year down the line when you look like Quasimodo
PompyIcon...26-06-2010 @ 09:55 
Avatar
My opinions have run their course
Member 694, 3112 posts
I have had a very similar pain recentley and seen a physio a few times with it. She reckons it is an under development at one side of the trap. Which makes the other side work harder not just benchin but posture etc. Then it is a vicious circle where it just gets weaker. Drew recommended to me doing more row type movements for shoulders and back and that worked a treat. The physio introduced some stretches which basically amounted to leaning my head away from the painful shoulder and pulling down to the opposite shoulder. Also making sure to pull both shoulders back and stand up straight all the time. I would say see a physio mate. It only took two sessions and I am about there now.
ThingIcon...26-06-2010 @ 09:58 
Avatar
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31822 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
will add in some rowing type stuff with bands
ranathariIcon...26-06-2010 @ 10:08 
Avatar
sumo ?? no ! no !
Member 1399, 557 posts
Thing said:its just on bench drew and its seems to be on the top of the shoulder and bottom of the trap and it sometimes shoot up into the neck. warm up is sore but after that its fine. is it just one of those thing?


When you say "shoot up" do you mean it's a shooting/electric-like pain or do you mean the pain rapidly moves up your neck?
ThingIcon...26-06-2010 @ 10:09 
Avatar
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31822 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
ranathari said:
When you say "shoot up" do you mean it's a shooting/electric-like pain or do you mean the pain rapidly moves up your neck?


rapidly moves up
© Sugden Barbell 2021 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto