Who's Online - 1 member and 183 guests

Selling out and making money on Instagram

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

samue1sonIconSelling out and making money on Instagram18-11-2017 @ 20:08 
Member 4416, 1369 posts
SQ 210, BP 175, DL 240
625.0 kgs @ 122kgs UnEq
'Sup gangsters?

I am friends with one and work colleague to another, of two people on Instagram with 80k+ followers. Both of which are making money from sponsors/adverts/products etc. Both of them are female however, one is a selfie queen with surgery and posts random s**t and quotations that make no sense. The other is a literal diet/fitness blogger who lost a s**t load of weight and lives a broadly normal life.

Now, I'm watching a couple of blokes I know (of) starting to make similar kind of money by effectively living it up to the whole "fitness" industry expectation. Going down the #never quit & #beastmode bo***cks posts, with pics of them lifting weights and just wearing a few sponsored t-shirts etc.

Anybody on here making dosh on IG? I mostly just post vids/pics that are legit training and I'm certain I can market myself down that cheap line.

Looking for legit thoughts, especially from experience, about potential of time vs return.
JohnIcon...20-11-2017 @ 07:59 
#biggef
Member 5263, 3492 posts
SQ 260, BP 195, DL 260
715.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
samue1son said:'Sup gangsters?

I am friends with one and work colleague to another, of two people on Instagram with 80k+ followers. Both of which are making money from sponsors/adverts/products etc. Both of them are female however, one is a selfie queen with surgery and posts random s**t and quotations that make no sense. The other is a literal diet/fitness blogger who lost a s**t load of weight and lives a broadly normal life.

Now, I'm watching a couple of blokes I know (of) starting to make similar kind of money by effectively living it up to the whole "fitness" industry expectation. Going down the #never quit & #beastmode bo***cks posts, with pics of them lifting weights and just wearing a few sponsored t-shirts etc.

Anybody on here making dosh on IG? I mostly just post vids/pics that are legit training and I'm certain I can market myself down that cheap line.

Looking for legit thoughts, especially from experience, about potential of time vs return.

I like to browse instagram but don't know anyone who makes money out it, whats yer channel il check it out
Happy
HamIcon...20-11-2017 @ 14:30 
Ham but hey
Member 4787, 205 posts
Mate if you are certain you can make money from it then do it.

I see it as selling out a little when I do it but people who follow me and others I know with over 1m followers say that some stuff I find s**t and cheesy is actually helpful to them...

So no matter how crappy/obvious/cheesy something seems to you...there is someone out there will love it/be helped/motivated by it...

if you are confident of getting that many followers easily then damn, share with me pleaseHappy
JohnIcon...20-11-2017 @ 15:40 
#biggef
Member 5263, 3492 posts
SQ 260, BP 195, DL 260
715.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
Ham said:Mate if you are certain you can make money from it then do it.

I see it as selling out a little when I do it but people who follow me and others I know with over 1m followers say that some stuff I find s**t and cheesy is actually helpful to them...

So no matter how crappy/obvious/cheesy something seems to you...there is someone out there will love it/be helped/motivated by it...

if you are confident of getting that many followers easily then damn, share with me pleaseHappy

X2
matthewvcIcon...20-11-2017 @ 19:41 
‘downsizing’
Member 5704, 3219 posts
SQ 280, BP 210, DL 320
810.0 kgs @ 96.3kgs UnEq
who is your most unusual follower on there (bear in mind i only have 60 and they're almost all gym people)

mine is Force Inc Records - i have no mention of music whatsoever, just a handful of
boring powerlifting videos with whatever s**te is playing in the gym.

but they released some proper banging techno from likes of ian pooley, rob acid in 90s.
i have no idea why they started following me.
samue1sonIcon...20-11-2017 @ 22:25 
Member 4416, 1369 posts
SQ 210, BP 175, DL 240
625.0 kgs @ 122kgs UnEq
I have around 400 followers and I don't do much. Just some fight training/lifting clips but the other guys are doing the whole bodybuilding scene with clean cut images and obscure protein supplements that pop up left right and centre.

Think I might give it a shot and clean up my image a bit. Start doing #beastmode and lift some fake weights maybe too. Get that Instagram 400kg deadlift...
GordyIcon...21-11-2017 @ 12:45 
Member 5418, 383 posts
Post Edited: 14.08.2018 @ 16:25 PM by Gordy
unit94Icon...21-11-2017 @ 12:58 
what is everyone's fran time?
Member 3986, 10443 posts
SQ 340, BP 200, DL 400
940.0 kgs @ 129kgs Eq
It's all complete bo***cks isnt it
scruffmcbuffIcon...21-11-2017 @ 13:11 
Lovely ass Congrats.
Member 5958, 2315 posts
SQ 280, BP 170, DL 300
750.0 kgs @ 138kgs UnEq
Gordy said:There’s a guy I work with who’s trying to go down that route.

As far as I can see the way to do it is to post about stuff you do in your life that you don’t actually do.

If he sees a video of a more popular instagram fitness guru and picks up a tip/exercise from it. He’s post a video of him doing that thing and write about how he got this tip from @famousfitnessguy, worded in a way that doesn’t explicitly say they know each other but hints at the possibility they discussed it the night before at their favourite avocado bar.

Also make sure when you buy a gym related product, supplement etc, you don’t mention the fact you bought it but instead thank them for sending it to you and give it your seal of approval and a thumbs up emoji. That way people that don’t know you will think it was sent to you for free to get your opinion and therefore your opinion matters.

He continually mentions his followers and comments on when he made good a promise he made to them. Even if it’s something as mediocre as, “promised you guys I’d films some bench sets today…and I delivered, here’s my final warm up set with black bumper plates that no-one knows how heavy they are”.

To allude to non-existent success in other aspects of his life, he’ll put up motivational stuff about ‘the difference between a leader and a manager’. He makes sure everyone knows he’s above being a manager, instead he makes sure he always sets an example to the non-existent employees that report to him (the real reason he isn't a manager is that he doesn’t work in a management role).

Every now and then he’ll put up actual advice that is terrible. Like box squats on a really high box that he says forces him to squat deeper. Or how jumping over hurdles lower than his knees will make him more explosive.

Other advice would just be to mention avocado all the time and having visible abs seems to make you an authority on everything.

I’m not on instagram anymore so I’ve no idea how he’s getting on, he did look like his account was picking up steam though.

LOL- highly enjoyable read. 10/10 will be screen shotting and sending to a few people.
PaulSavageIcon...21-11-2017 @ 13:16 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
I hate anything fake and untruthful and you definitely won't find any bulls**t on our channel so I in no way am suggesting you do this but there's like a billion pictures of girls bent over basically saying 'hi here's my ass' on insta. Annoys the f**k out of me, find it completely pathetic but no way are they all of the account holders. Probably could make money in just posting other people ass pics with some bulls**t butt master routine girls can buy.
lukiIcon...21-11-2017 @ 13:28 
Member 5517, 1538 posts
SQ 160, BP 165, DL 201
526.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
^^I'd follow this. Just to perv like.
General_illIcon...21-11-2017 @ 15:13 
3rd place Europes strongest man 2016 U90kg
Member 1239, 13275 posts
SQ 280, BP 155, DL 310
745.0 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq

As far as I can see the way to do it is to post about stuff you do in your life that you don’t actually do.

If he sees a video of a more popular instagram fitness guru and picks up a tip/exercise from it. He’s post a video of him doing that thing and write about how he got this tip from @famousfitnessguy, worded in a way that doesn’t explicitly say they know each other but hints at the possibility they discussed it the night before at their favourite avocado bar.

Also make sure when you buy a gym related product, supplement etc, you don’t mention the fact you bought it but instead thank them for sending it to you and give it your seal of approval and a thumbs up emoji. That way people that don’t know you will think it was sent to you for free to get your opinion and therefore your opinion matters.

He continually mentions his followers and comments on when he made good a promise he made to them. Even if it’s something as mediocre as, “promised you guys I’d films some bench sets today…and I delivered, here’s my final warm up set with black bumper plates that no-one knows how heavy they are”.

To allude to non-existent success in other aspects of his life, he’ll put up motivational stuff about ‘the difference between a leader and a manager’. He makes sure everyone knows he’s above being a manager, instead he makes sure he always sets an example to the non-existent employees that report to him (the real reason he isn't a manager is that he doesn’t work in a management role).

Every now and then he’ll put up actual advice that is terrible. Like box squats on a really high box that he says forces him to squat deeper. Or how jumping over hurdles lower than his knees will make him more explosive.

Other advice would just be to mention avocado all the time and having visible abs seems to make you an authority on everything.

I’m not on instagram anymore so I’ve no idea how he’s getting on, he did look like his account was picking up steam though.

You need to link this guys insta I think.
samue1sonIcon...21-11-2017 @ 18:36 
Member 4416, 1369 posts
SQ 210, BP 175, DL 240
625.0 kgs @ 122kgs UnEq

Outstanding! Thank you.

Yeah, the whole marketing thing on there is mostly a bare faced lie but I can do some of that 😂
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...21-11-2017 @ 19:13 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22040 posts
What a bizarre world we now live in.
samue1sonIcon...21-11-2017 @ 20:54 
Member 4416, 1369 posts
SQ 210, BP 175, DL 240
625.0 kgs @ 122kgs UnEq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:What a bizarre world we now live in.

It was pretty mad during the Roman era too.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions