REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 368 guests

Rio Ferdinand Boxing?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Closed This thread has been closed by a moderator. Replies are no longer possible.

scruffmcbuffIcon...24-09-2017 @ 08:03 
Lovely ass Congrats.
Member 5958, 2315 posts
SQ 280, BP 170, DL 300
750.0 kgs @ 138kgs UnEq
little_a said:
Eek

I echo this statement.

She weighed the same as strongest man to ever grace our plannet, Brian shaw.

And 10kg less then the worlds greatest strongman to have ever lived BIG SEAN O'HAGAN
ben66Icon...24-09-2017 @ 08:18 
Why get fat to look big?
Member 1330, 4797 posts
SQ 300, BP 200, DL 305
805.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Best sugden thread for a while.

Dan for WRC champ!
ben66Icon...24-09-2017 @ 08:20 
Why get fat to look big?
Member 1330, 4797 posts
SQ 300, BP 200, DL 305
805.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
scruffmcbuff said:
I echo this statement.
And 10kg less then the worlds greatest strongman to have ever lived BIG SEAN O'HAGAN

Brian Shaw just eats 2000cals to maintain that weight you know, often less.

Science fact + genetics.
scruffmcbuffIcon...24-09-2017 @ 08:22 
Lovely ass Congrats.
Member 5958, 2315 posts
SQ 280, BP 170, DL 300
750.0 kgs @ 138kgs UnEq
ben66 said:
Science fact + genetics.

Im jealous. I eat close to 10,000 to keep myself between 140 and 145kg!
PaulSavageIcon...24-09-2017 @ 08:39 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
scruffmcbuff said:
I echo this statement.

She was just fat though, doesn't really have any bearing. I seen a bunch of people that were 300kg+ in america, none of them are going to be worlds strongest man/woman.
PaulSavageIcon...24-09-2017 @ 08:40 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
ben66 said:
Science fact + genetics.

See his 12000+ calories in a day video. Someone's gave you the wrong information.
scruffmcbuffIcon...24-09-2017 @ 09:05 
Lovely ass Congrats.
Member 5958, 2315 posts
SQ 280, BP 170, DL 300
750.0 kgs @ 138kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
She was just fat though, doesn't really have any bearing. I seen a bunch of people that were 300kg+ in america, none of them are going to be worlds strongest man/woman.

Wasnt a knock mate. Can only look at facts.
Shes world champion. Not alot more to be said!
As much as i love a sugden brawl,one cant deny she still won, fair and square.
AMH_PowerIcon...24-09-2017 @ 10:24 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1442 posts
SQ 310, BP 250, DL 320
880.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
This again. Paul, no individual differences can override thermodynamics.

I'm sure I mentioned this before, but even if she was dead but had to maintain body temperature her basal metabolic rate would be much more than you claim she eats to maintain 170kg. This is nothing to do with individual differences at all. You can't refute something you don't understand because of your own beliefs or feeding errors.

You argued with me to death death recently because your training took her from only just squatting the bar to the loads she can manage now. I quoted you from time back claiming she had a 200kg which you denied...

Now she had a 230kg!???

I can't say anymore on that. I don't want to jump on the antisavage train, as you should be proud of yours/hers achievements, but I think sugden is pretty tolerant to the cut of your jib.

Dan for WRC champ.
PaulSavageIcon...24-09-2017 @ 11:41 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Post Edited: 24.09.2017 @ 11:45 AM by PaulSavage
AMH_Power said:This again. Paul, no individual differences can override thermodynamics.

I'm sure I mentioned this before, but even if she was dead but had to maintain body temperature her basal metabolic rate would be much more than you claim she eats to maintain 170kg. This is nothing to do with individual differences at all. You can't refute something you don't understand because of your own beliefs or feeding errors.

You argued with me to death death recently because your training took her from only just squatting the bar to the loads she can manage now. I quoted you from time back claiming she had a 200kg which you denied...

Now she had a 230kg!???

I can't say anymore on that. I don't want to jump on the antisavage train, as you should be proud of yours/hers achievements, but I think sugden is pretty tolerant to the cut of your jib.

Dan for WRC champ.

Now and back then too, she squatted the same weight, should have read my posts. What she squatted back then has nothing to do with what she squats now, and what she squats now doesn't matter. Firstly that was before a back injury so severe she didn't lift for 18 months and its still an issue today, was a major issue when I first started training her. Secondly, I've hardly had her train squats, did one program of ssb squats which was fairly light, on second program with squats in now doing zerchers, just started this week. No need to have her squatting big weights, never had a squat in comp and has been lots of other more important things to work on. I've focused on doing what it takes for her to win the contest she enters and in one year she's won two national titles, a European title and two world titles over two sports plus set several world records, so I think I'm doing ok with that. Donna Moore doesn't have anything like a big squat, or at least didn't when she won. It's really not needed and definitely better forms than back squat as well, fronts, zerchers, ssb etc back squat really only helps back squat.

As for what she eats, again sorry to disappoint your science, but that's what she eats. To get to 175kg for her last comp/s she was having under 2000 calories most days, on training days more but after 3-5 hours of training and still nowhere near what your science says she would have to eat. Your theory doesn't change facts.
AMH_PowerIcon...24-09-2017 @ 12:41 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1442 posts
SQ 310, BP 250, DL 320
880.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
Now and back then too, she squatted the same weight, should have read my posts. What she squatted back then has nothing to do with what she squats now, and what she squats now doesn't matter. Firstly that was before a back injury so severe she didn't lift for 18 months and its still an issue today, was a major issue when I first started training her. Secondly, I've hardly had her train squats, did one program of ssb squats which was fairly light, on second program with squats in now doing zerchers, just started this week. No need to have her squatting big weights, never had a squat in comp and has been lots of other more important things to work on. I've focused on doing what it takes for her to win the contest she enters and in one year she's won two national titles, a European title and two world titles over two sports plus set several world records, so I think I'm doing ok with that. Donna Moore doesn't have anything like a big squat, or at least didn't when she won. It's really not needed and definitely better forms than back squat as well, fronts, zerchers, ssb etc back squat really only helps back squat.
As for what she eats, again sorry to disappoint your science, but that's what she eats. To get to 175kg for her last comp/s she was having under 2000 calories most days, on training days more but after 3-5 hours of training and still nowhere near what your science says she would have to eat. Your theory doesn't change facts.

"what she squats then and what she squats now doesn't matter"...

You are the one that brought it up to give weight to your argument. Saying when you met she could only just squat the bar, and your methods have taken her to be the strongest female that there is (as a static 'strength' I disagree, there are females a third of her weight that can lift more. As for 'strongwoman' sports, I can't say).

But, ok mate. If you genuinely believe the second law of thermodynamics does not apply (not sure where you pulled the word 'theory' from) to her then you continue to believe that.

If you understood the point I'm making, you wouldn't be fussed about any titles... you'd be the greatest discover of man kind. You have created over unity; a state where energy out is greater than energy in.

To make it easier to understand, if there was a 170kg sack of fat (to further bias it towards your claim in your favour by negating temperature loss of other tissue like bone etc) it would require over 2000cals (providing it was a ball, it would be 2137cals if room temperature was taken at 20C to maintain 37 degrees Celsius).

This is just a sack of fat... no metabolic processes like digestion, krebs cycle etc etc..

Seriously, take an hour to learn 2nd LoTD's, then either become a billionaire from creating over unity or accept the fact you can't calorie count or she's a sneak eater.

I can't have this out any more, I had more success explaining the quantum eraser effect to next doors cat. Who listened and didn't listen.
ben66Icon...24-09-2017 @ 13:15 
Why get fat to look big?
Member 1330, 4797 posts
SQ 300, BP 200, DL 305
805.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Next doors cat for WRC winner 2018
HenkIcon...24-09-2017 @ 13:22 
Member 5095, 783 posts
SQ 200, BP 162.5, DL 220
582.5 kgs @ 119kgs UnEq
ben66 said:Next doors cat for WRC winner 2018

Best line ever.
PaulSavageIcon...24-09-2017 @ 13:42 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
AMH_Power said:
"what she squats then and what she squats now doesn't matter"...
You are the one that brought it up to give weight to your argument. Saying when you met she could only just squat the bar, and your methods have taken her to be the strongest female that there is (as a static 'strength' I disagree, there are females a third of her weight that can lift more. As for 'strongwoman' sports, I can't say).
But, ok mate. If you genuinely believe the second law of thermodynamics does not apply (not sure where you pulled the word 'theory' from) to her then you continue to believe that.
If you understood the point I'm making, you wouldn't be fussed about any titles... you'd be the greatest discover of man kind. You have created over unity; a state where energy out is greater than energy in.
To make it easier to understand, if there was a 170kg sack of fat (to further bias it towards your claim in your favour by negating temperature loss of other tissue like bone etc) it would require over 2000cals (providing it was a ball, it would be 2137cals if room temperature was taken at 20C to maintain 37 degrees Celsius).
This is just a sack of fat... no metabolic processes like digestion, krebs cycle etc etc..
Seriously, take an hour to learn 2nd LoTD's, then either become a billionaire from creating over unity or accept the fact you can't calorie count or she's a sneak eater.
I can't have this out any more, I had more success explaining the quantum eraser effect to next doors cat. Who listened and didn't listen.

I didn't bring it up, others said she used to squat 230kg saying her natural brute strength must be high. I said possibly before the injury but not from what I've seen, was struggling with 60kg deadlifts at first, could maybe bench 60-65kg, was struggling with 5kg plate raises and couldn't squat for s**t - not high at all considering she was 170kg.

Again, no amount of science changes the facts, she eats what she eats and weighs what she weighs.
slow_lift_joeIcon...24-09-2017 @ 13:53 
Interesting
Member 6186, 245 posts
I think if I fell on Audley Harrison I could knock him over.

Or Joe Bugner he must around 67 now, I think he would roll over if I fell on him also.

Mind you I lost some weight since I cut down my Snicker in take, so maybe these two might not go down so easy if I fell on them.

The rest would just knock me into next week.
slimsimIcon...24-09-2017 @ 15:24 
My asshole is not watertight.
Member 2926, 6050 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 107.5, DL 225
550.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
Again, no amount of science changes the facts, she eats what she eats and weighs what she weighs.

Out of interest Paul, how do you know how many calories Becca consumes? I presume you’re not with her all day everyday?

There’s a LOT of evidence showing that morbidly obese people tend to dramatically underestimate their calorie intake.

As AMH_Power shows, it’s difficult to argue with the law of thermodynamics. Imagine a bath of water which you’ve got to keep at 37-degrees. Different baths may be made of different materials and be differing shapes which can affect their ability to retain heat, but the energy needed to keep the water warm is going to be fairly similar.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions