REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 131 guests

Powerlifting at Body Power... it is ON with the BPU

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

GreyphantomIconPowerlifting at Body Power... it is ON with the BPU29-04-2015 @ 13:55 
TL:DR
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Well due to the previous promoters letting the BP people down the BPU are now taking over the lifting at Body Power which is extremely short notice but lets see what we can do...

NEWS!!! NEWS!!!!!!! NEWS!!!!! I am proud to announce the British Powerlifting Union has been asked to take over the BodyPower powerlifting for this year at the BodyPower Expo. I need to stress this is an OPEN competition - under BPU/WPC federation rules. This means that you CAN ENTER - you dont need ot have an invitation - we want lifters of ALL levels, not this "elite" nonsense as we all deserve to be on platform, not just a few. If you are not a BPU/ABPU member then you can also take a day membership but remember if you are not a full member you cant take records. EVERYONE is welcome.
We have also confirmed that we, as the hosting nation for the WPC European Championships in 2016 will be holding it at BodyPower next year with a massive 3 platforms and up to 800 lifters from over 20 countries.
The BodyPower Expo event is a SPECTACULAR extravaganza with 70, 000 + people visiting the show and YOU will be lifting in front of them!! It is a bench press and deadlift only event and will be held over the Sat 16th and Sunday 17th May at the NEC.
ON THE FRIDAY the 15th May, with a massive amount of poeple flowing through the Expo - we have ANDY BOLTON running 2 live workshops for a lucky MAXIMUM OF TEN people to get the opportunity to work live on stage with him getting the best of technical help and live training session FREE with one of the worlds biggest all time deadlifters and the biggest name to ever come out of the UK and one of the biggest ever in the WORLD. Its a max of ten people - carefully selected, you have to apply to us and ideally be reasonably novice so that Andy can show everyone live on stage to differnce he can make with YOU!
Classes, times, weigh in times, lists, entry forms etc will no be on line until late tonight as this has literally happened this morning.
If you want the chance to qualify for the British single lift nationals in Folkestone, if youwant to lift in front of thousands of people and if you want to be part of one fo the fastest growing federations in the sport that WANTS new, novice and experienced lifters on platform with us with a team that still compete - then watch this space for the links that will go up very very late tonight.............

For further info see https://www.facebook.com/BritishPowerliftingUnion

apologies if this needed clearance, please feel free to del etc but its extremely short notice
force10Icon...04-05-2015 @ 14:23 
Drugs cheat
Member 3860, 630 posts
SQ 335, BP 210, DL 330
875.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
There are still places in this to lift so if you want a late entry you can :-)
KillelayIcon...04-05-2015 @ 15:11 
Member 5031, 1417 posts
SQ 230, BP 140, DL 275
645.0 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
What are rules on kit for deadlift only.
I have an Inzer deadlift suit, zuluglove belt
I'd just need to get a singlet.
Footwear?
force10Icon...04-05-2015 @ 15:16 
Drugs cheat
Member 3860, 630 posts
SQ 335, BP 210, DL 330
875.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Killelay said:What are rules on kit for deadlift only.
I have an Inzer deadlift suit, zuluglove belt
I'd just need to get a singlet.
Footwear?

You will be fine with the suit and belt
No need for a single over the suit if your doing DL only.
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions