REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 140 guests
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitPendlay Forum....

Pendlay Forum....

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

ChrisMcCarthyIconPendlay Forum....28-07-2014 @ 11:53 
Lost his pen, then found his pen. #phew
Member 4899, 2956 posts
I know a few people from here post on there, does anyone know if Forum has been taken down after the recent Travis Mash related meltdown from the owner of MDUSA?

Frankly I could take or leave the 'Why does US lifting suck' threads but the training logs were interesting and I enjoyed the many lifting vids that were regularly posted.
MrSmallIcon...28-07-2014 @ 12:18 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
Yes that is probably the reason, I have concluded. Guy is insane.
CJRIcon...28-07-2014 @ 12:47 
Member 4145, 1331 posts
SQ 172.5, BP 115, DL 220
507.5 kgs @ 100.4kgs UnEq
Did this Travis Mash issue happen over the weekend? The forum seemed fine on Friday when I checked.

Anyone care to give me a rundown of what happened?
MrSmallIcon...28-07-2014 @ 13:38 
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
Yes it did.

Basically someone asked if Travis Mash was joining their coaching team, Glenn said yes about the 3rd post into the thread.

Then someone asked who is the head coach now, Don McCauley answered "Glenn for the men, me for the women".

And then the owner of MDUSA (forgot his name, something like Brandon Hoff or something) came on and took a very aggressive stance to absolutely anything in the thread, including the question about who is the head coach. Went on to say that if he felt like anyone was disrespecting Glenn for being in a coma (totally out of the blue, this was never mentioned) he would shut down the forum in a second. Then went on about him being so competitive he can't go to competitions because he goes crazy for his team and would cause trouble so he stays at home. Then got really cryptic and started with some really paranoid stuff about PED discussions. Have in mind literally after those two initial questions nobody really said anything, he was taking any single response and just exploding. Then people started saying "well MDUSA just lost my business, this guy is crazy!" and I guess he shut it down.

On Facebook for the US nationals he kicked up a huge fuss and was equally crazy with his writing, made no sense, because his team got 2nd in the team rankings and claimed it was a fix and they added people to the other team at the last minute, out to get him blah blah - this all on the official MDUSA Facebook page as the MDUSA page owner, not a personal account.

So yeah, crazy guy!
CJRIcon...28-07-2014 @ 14:13 
Member 4145, 1331 posts
SQ 172.5, BP 115, DL 220
MrSmall said:Yes it did.

Basically someone asked if Travis Mash was joining their coaching team, Glenn said yes about the 3rd post into the thread.

Then someone asked who is the head coach now, Don McCauley answered "Glenn for the men, me for the women".

And then the owner of MDUSA (forgot his name, something like Brandon Hoff or something) came on and took a very aggressive stance to absolutely anything in the thread, including the question about who is the head coach. Went on to say that if he felt like anyone was disrespecting Glenn for being in a coma (totally out of the blue, this was never mentioned) he would shut down the forum in a second. Then went on about him being so competitive he can't go to competitions because he goes crazy for his team and would cause trouble so he stays at home. Then got really cryptic and started with some really paranoid stuff about PED discussions. Have in mind literally after those two initial questions nobody really said anything, he was taking any single response and just exploding. Then people started saying "well MDUSA just lost my business, this guy is crazy!" and I guess he shut it down.

On Facebook for the US nationals he kicked up a huge fuss and was equally crazy with his writing, made no sense, because his team got 2nd in the team rankings and claimed it was a fix and they added people to the other team at the last minute, out to get him blah blah - this all on the official MDUSA Facebook page as the MDUSA page owner, not a personal account.

So yeah, crazy guy!

lol thanks. yeah was about to say, this sounds like the same MDUSA guy who made the facebook statuses and didn't know how to type in proper english... Grin
MrSmallIcon...28-07-2014 @ 14:21 
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
Brad Hess is the name, not Brandon Hoff, I think he is a powerlifter.
youngyIcon...28-07-2014 @ 14:22 
crushed the generals chance of 6th place
Member 588, 5477 posts
SQ 200, BP 100, DL 200
500.0 kgs @ 84kgs UnEq
MrSmall said:Yes it did.

So yeah, crazy guy!

This was exactly my interpretation of the situation too. Was completely crazy.
ChrisMcCarthyIcon...28-07-2014 @ 14:23 
Member 4899, 2956 posts
It was all a bit of a s**t show - but as I said, the logs and vids were good.Happy
CJRIcon...28-07-2014 @ 16:12 
Member 4145, 1331 posts
SQ 172.5, BP 115, DL 220
http://static-199-193-247-66.a.awsrdns.net/showthread.php?t=29...

That was so weird...
ChrisMcCarthyIcon...28-07-2014 @ 17:01 
Member 4899, 2956 posts
Cheers for sticking up the link.
n3ver3nderIcon...28-07-2014 @ 20:21 
next comp I want to enter the platform via zipwire
Member 4872, 992 posts
SQ 237.5, BP 142.5, DL 265
645.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
At a guess Brad is probably bipolar or something similiar.
FazcIcon...28-07-2014 @ 20:41 
Sports an extremely muscular arse.
Member 38, 6253 posts
Great thread lol
EvisIcon...28-07-2014 @ 23:51 
Member 2202, 346 posts
SQ 282.5, BP 220, DL 320.5
823.0 kgs @ 120kgs UnEq
Wow wtf I just figures it was down for maintenance or something..
dave_rogersonIcon...29-07-2014 @ 13:25 
Member 4046, 590 posts
One of the most surreal things I read on the net in a while that.

I wonder if the forum will resurface at some point?
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitPendlay Forum....
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions