REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 4 members and 157 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitPROTEIN

PROTEIN

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

123

n1ckIconPROTEIN13-10-2011 @ 09:06 
Avatar
I don't have a plunger !
Member 2187, 334 posts
SQ 155, BP 117.5, DL 190
462.5 kgs @ 82kgs UnEq
Who here takes protein supplements?
I'm gonna stop using protein for a while and see if it really does make any difference to my training/results etc. I eat a pretty balanced diet anyway with a decent amount of protein in it so it will be interesting to see what happens. I could do with saving the money too.
oxIcon...13-10-2011 @ 09:08 
Angry parasite and a rapist hoping to move abroad
Member 2776, 152 posts
Post Edited: 13.10.2011 @ 09:09 AM by ox
n1ck said:Who here takes protein supplements?
I'm gonna stop using protein for a while and see if it really does make any difference to my training/results etc. I eat a pretty balanced diet anyway with a decent amount of protein in it so it will be interesting to see what happens. I could do with saving the money too.


Protein is pretty much surplus to requirements IMO.

*edit* in the context of supplemenation.
IainKendrickIcon...13-10-2011 @ 09:12 
Avatar
some nice relaxing jazz.
Member 77, 12727 posts
SQ 265, BP 165, DL 280
710.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
I use whey protein. Or rather whey and carbs powder as a meal or after training. Its cheap and convienant.
mikehowarthIcon...13-10-2011 @ 09:15 
Avatar
Not so much as forgotten as can't remember
Member 894, 4924 posts
SQ 245, BP 167.5, DL 272.5
685.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
IainKendrick said:I use whey protein. Or rather whey and carbs powder as a meal or after training. Its cheap and convienant.


This

Isn't that expensive in the grand scheme of things and will help you recover and have more frequent better sessions with increased progression

Very basic tried and tested approach will work
drewIcon...13-10-2011 @ 09:30 
Avatar
I thought Joplin choked on a sandwich?
Member 616, 8405 posts
SQ 180, BP 130, DL 220
530.0 kgs @ 78.8kgs UnEq
I don't use any. I used to. Ran out. Never bought any. Now I have a dish washer and they're easier to keep clean maybe I should get some.

I never feel the need to have any. Maybe if I started I'd make some mad gainz
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...13-10-2011 @ 09:31 
Avatar
'very impressive' ............ 7 years ago.
Member 400, 19389 posts
drew said:
I don't use any.


x2
IainTIcon...13-10-2011 @ 09:42 
normal people, like me.
Member 2325, 550 posts
As Iain says, it is cheap and convenient. Yeah, you're spending 35-40 quid in one go, but over time the equivalent amount of protein via eggs, chicken etc is going to cost more. But, it's still for around training and bed time. And lazy mornings and quick "meals" on the run.
DomRedshawIcon...13-10-2011 @ 09:57 
Avatar
Uk limbo dancing champion
Member 2666, 6551 posts
SQ 202, BP 170, DL 255
627.0 kgs @ 88kgs UnEq
i usualy have 3 shakes a day, 1 mornin, 1 after workout, 1 b4 bed. its quick n easy to consume with a little appetite. the cost is about 7.50 a week, thats almost a 1 a day for 3 shakes containing 25g protein a serving. it probably costs me more for the milk to mix it with.
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...13-10-2011 @ 10:10 
Avatar
'very impressive' ............ 7 years ago.
Member 400, 19389 posts
IainT said:
As Iain says, it is cheap and convenient. Yeah, you're spending 35-40 quid in one go, but over time the equivalent amount of protein via eggs, chicken etc is going to cost more. But, it's still for around training and bed time. And lazy mornings and quick "meals" on the run.


DomRedshaw said:
i usualy have 3 shakes a day, 1 mornin, 1 after workout, 1 b4 bed. its quick n easy to consume with a little appetite. the cost is about 7.50 a week, thats almost a 1 a day for 3 shakes containing 25g protein a serving. it probably costs me more for the milk to mix it with.


How long have you guys been taking it? You only weigh 12.5 stone. Are you sure it's not going straight down the toilet?
chaosIcon...13-10-2011 @ 10:16 
Avatar
An amazing human being
Member 2047, 17255 posts
SQ 262.5, BP 170, DL 300
732.5 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
I have one shake after training if I remember or can be arsed making it. Once tried having 3 shakes a day but spent more time on the bog than I did anything else!!!
SteveIcon...13-10-2011 @ 10:28 
nothing to hide, please follow my life on webcam
Member 255, 3732 posts
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
How long have you guys been taking it? You only weigh 12.5 stone. Are you sure it's not going straight down the toilet?


My wife took it 2 or 3 times a day and only weighed around 67.5kg - one of the many reasons for taking it was to keep weight down.
drewIcon...13-10-2011 @ 10:37 
Avatar
I thought Joplin choked on a sandwich?
Member 616, 8405 posts
SQ 180, BP 130, DL 220
530.0 kgs @ 78.8kgs UnEq
Steve said:
My wife took it 2 or 3 times a day and only weighed around 67.5kg - one of the many reasons for taking it was to keep weight down.


Is that not more as an meal replacement than in addition though
SteveIcon...13-10-2011 @ 10:41 
nothing to hide, please follow my life on webcam
Member 255, 3732 posts
drew said:
Is that not more as an meal replacement than in addition though


No it was as an addition to increase her protein intake with the aim of lifting more (her best comp lifts were 210kg squat, 142.5kg bench & 201kg deadlift)
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...13-10-2011 @ 10:46 
Avatar
'very impressive' ............ 7 years ago.
Member 400, 19389 posts
Steve said:
(her best comp lifts were 210kg squat, 142.5kg bench & 201kg deadlift)


Strong lady!
IainTIcon...13-10-2011 @ 10:52 
normal people, like me.
Member 2325, 550 posts
Post Edited: 13.10.2011 @ 10:54 AM by IainT
I'm only 5'7" Wayne, and I've been 14 stone, but didn't feel very well so dropped back. I'm actually about 13 odd stone. Untrained, I was 9 stone at university.

I also have a medical condition that massively bumps up my calorie requirements, I was eating solid food like a loon and downing shakes to hold on to the 14st.

123

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitPROTEIN
© Sugden Barbell 2018 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto