Who's Online - 1 member and 184 guests

One million kg in 24 hours

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

unit94IconOne million kg in 24 hours29-10-2020 @ 10:16 
what is everyone's fran time?
Member 3986, 10443 posts
SQ 340, BP 200, DL 400
940.0 kgs @ 129kgs Eq
Hello people of Sugden, in the wake of the free school meals debacle I'm going to be doing a fundraiser to help provide meals for children over the Xmas period. I'm going to attempt to lift one million kg in the space of 24 hours, I haven't worked out my exact strategy yet but it's looking like mostly involving trap bar deadlift. If anyone that has done any endurance type challenges has any tips for me I'd be keen to hear them and if anyone would like to donate here is the link. There is a scheme that my gym are running for cooking meals for kids in the local area and the rest will be split between a couple of food banks depending on how much I raise.

www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/onemillionkg
NimbleIcon...29-10-2020 @ 13:38 
woefully weak
Member 4748, 1506 posts
SQ 157, BP 133, DL 260
550.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Sounds like a great cause but would it be an idea to get a sports doctor or something to check on that plan? Not trying to be a dick just wondering.

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/avoiding-cardio-could-be-holding-...

Also, based on this article it sound like that would work out at about 18,000 calories worth of work, unless I messed up my maths. So you’re going to be peckish.
JonathanIcon...29-10-2020 @ 14:00 
the Ergbreaker
Member 19, 858 posts
SQ 190, BP 140, DL 260
590.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq
I applaud the effort, truly, but it's a vast amount of weight.

Say you do trap bar deadlift at 100kg, in sets of 10, then you have to complete 1000 sets, or (assuming you stay away for the whole 24 hours) 1 set every 86 seconds.

Assuming you need time to eat, drink, go to the toilet, then realistically, you're going have to bang out 10 quick reps and then have 60 seconds rest in between.

I'd love to be proved wrong, but I think it's impossible.
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...29-10-2020 @ 16:33 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22049 posts
Great stuff Happy

Having read Jonathan's post though it does seem impossible or near impossible!

Combination of exercises?
BoarIcon...29-10-2020 @ 16:50 
Walk your talk
Member 5, 25558 posts
Administrator
you cab get alot of weight on one of those leg press machines
AdamTIcon...29-10-2020 @ 16:51 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
Do leg press

I know it is a machine, but it's your best shot

Maybe 300kg for reps or a little more
PaulSavageIcon...29-10-2020 @ 16:58 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Post Edited: 29.10.2020 @ 17:13 PM by PaulSavage
unit94 said:Hello people of Sugden, in the wake of the free school meals debacle I'm going to be doing a fundraiser to help provide meals for children over the Xmas period. I'm going to attempt to lift one million kg in the space of 24 hours, I haven't worked out my exact strategy yet but it's looking like mostly involving trap bar deadlift. If anyone that has done any endurance type challenges has any tips for me I'd be keen to hear them and if anyone would like to donate here is the link. There is a scheme that my gym are running for cooking meals for kids in the local area and the rest will be split between a couple of food banks depending on how much I raise.

www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/onemillionkg

I don't have experience in endurance tasks but have programmed some crazy amount of reps and sets in workouts for total poundage and id say the one thing you need to make sure you do is at bare minimum superset every single exercise if not circuits working opposite muscle groups as this will definately make a difference and obviously boat load of carbs, fluids etc Would love you to pull this off.

EDIT - just done a little calulation an id if you want to keep it to basic exercises and not machines something like 300kg x 5 trap bar or farmers picks on high handles inot 100kg bench press x 5 into 100kg bent over row x 5 would give you 2500kg. You need 694kg every minute so doing that in a minute would allow you 2.6 minutes between to stay on pace. You could also maybe throw in some shrugs / power shrugs or replace the trap bar with shrugs at times as short range so could get big numbers, especially on farmers but yeah it is actually possible at least on paper.
billynomatesIcon...29-10-2020 @ 17:15 
Member 4923, 1795 posts
PaulSavage said:
I don't have experience in endurance tasks but have programmed some crazy amount of reps and sets in workouts for total poundage and id say the one thing you need to make sure you do is at bare minimum superset every single exercise if not circuits working opposite muscle groups as this will definately make a difference and obviously boat load of carbs, fluids etc Would love you to pull this off.
EDIT - just done a little calulation an id if you want to keep it to basic exercises and not machines something like 300kg x 5 trap bar or farmers picks on high handles inot 100kg bench press x 5 into 100kg bent over row x 5 would give you 2500kg. You need 694kg every minute so doing that in a minute would allow you 2.6 minutes between to stay on pace. You could also maybe throw in some shrugs or replace the trap bar with shrugs at times as short range so could get big numbers, especially farmer shrugs but yeah it is actually possible at least on paper.

I think you're very optimistic Paul
unit94Icon...29-10-2020 @ 17:16 
Member 3986, 10443 posts
SQ 340, BP 200, DL 400
940.0 kgs @ 129kgs Eq
Someone has done it before but with a leg press so of course I want to beat it and do it with no machines, I'll be picking all of the weight up properly. It may be impossible, it is certainly nearly impossible which is why I picked such a big challenge and we shall find out.

Not sure if I'll contact a sports doctor, I'd need one that's used to this stuff, a lot would probably tell me I'll just get rhabdo and die which won't be much help Tongue I am talking to people that have done similar things though to get some tips and yes I will be consuming huge amounts of food to get through it.
unit94Icon...29-10-2020 @ 17:18 
Member 3986, 10443 posts
SQ 340, BP 200, DL 400
940.0 kgs @ 129kgs Eq
PaulSavage said:
EDIT - just done a little calulation an id if you want to keep it to basic exercises and not machines something like 300kg x 5 trap bar or farmers picks on high handles inot 100kg bench press x 5 into 100kg bent over row x 5 would give you 2500kg. You need 694kg every minute so doing that in a minute would allow you 2.6 minutes between to stay on pace. You could also maybe throw in some shrugs / power shrugs or replace the trap bar with shrugs at times as short range so could get big numbers, especially on farmers but yeah it is actually possible at least on paper.

Yeah that's very close to what I'm planning
PaulSavageIcon...29-10-2020 @ 17:23 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
unit94 said:

Best of luck
billynomatesIcon...29-10-2020 @ 17:25 
Member 4923, 1795 posts
unit94 said:

Jesus, fair play if you can keep that up for 24 hours.

How about a silver dollar deadlift as one of the exercises, or even the sole exercise? 232kg x 3 every minute.

Big respect to you for taking this on, I will donate a few quid.
PaulSavageIcon...29-10-2020 @ 17:26 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
billynomates said:
I think you're very optimistic Paul

I dont know if he can or cant do it, obviously a nutty task but if anyone can it would be unit, he's very fit for a strongman and bordenline a sized up crossfit athlete who already trains more than anyone else so it's not like other top strongmen trying it
unit94Icon...29-10-2020 @ 17:31 
Member 3986, 10443 posts
SQ 340, BP 200, DL 400
940.0 kgs @ 129kgs Eq
PaulSavage said:
I dont know if he can or cant do it, obviously a nutty task but if anyone can it would be unit, he's very fit for a strongman and bordenline a sized up crossfit athlete who already trains more than anyone else so it's not like other top strongmen trying it

That's basically my logic on being able to do it. I have the strength that I can use very low percentages and the work capacity to keep lifting for hours, hopefully it's enough
BoarIcon...29-10-2020 @ 18:46 
Walk your talk
Member 5, 25558 posts
Administrator
do a million pounds !!

raising pounds to raise pounds

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions