Who's Online - 0 members and 139 guests

Old enough to know better!

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

MadjockIcon...10-11-2008 @ 19:24 
Member 379, 49 posts
SQ 310, BP 170, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 96kgs Eq
BOLLOX! It's all gone tits up.
I haven't posted for a little while now as things just aren't going right at all,never mind my hip pain, I am now in pain all over including both hips and my lower back, my forearms(I think it's the dreaded bicipial tendinitis)and my front deltoids!
As you can imagine this makes it very hard to train anything at all although I am still trying.

No point in posting my dreadful poundages and reps since I don't want to sound too negative.
I get my last round of injections into my left hip next Monday and then I have to wait about 6 weeks before I can use any anti-inflammatories(Voltarol)Maybe then I can bypass the pain and get shifting some weight.

I told you I wasn't mad but listening to myself I can't help but think that these are the ramblings of a desperate man, mind you have you looked on youtube at Sam Graham(my bpc competition)squatting with 300kg with one arm!
cheers All,
Dave.
AdamIcon...14-11-2008 @ 12:11 
Gone squatting
Member 12, 386 posts
SQ 250, BP 155, DL 260
665.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Sorry to hear about the injuries Dave. I wouldn't abandon your log completely though, sometimes doing whatever exercises you can and keeping a log can is enough to keep you sane until you recover. There are quite a few people knocking about on the board with injuries so don't worry about sounding too negative.
JoniIcon...14-11-2008 @ 13:27 
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
sorry to hear about your injuries mate - gooing through a rehab at the moment myself which is keeping me out of action for 6+ months!

Still logging my silly cardio, one arm and leg press sessions tho Grin

stay strong!
MadjockIcon...01-12-2008 @ 20:35 
Member 379, 49 posts
SQ 310, BP 170, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 96kgs Eq
Right then ! a couple of weeks have gone by since my last hip injection and its time to start proper training for next years Welsh qualifier, I am still tentative on my squats and deadlifts and I have a very painful front deltoid, but Martin, our gym owner who is a competitive bodybuilder has asked last week if he could deadlift with me as he needed an incentive to get strong again, Well mad as I am I said yes and we had a go tonight.
Bearing in mind that I am as weak as piss at the moment I now had someone to push me, and push me he did.
We both got up to 250kg for a single, which I failed with blood pouring out of my nose, then we dropped to 220 for 3 then 180 for 8.
We finished off with 3 sets of 5 speed reps off the blocks and although it may seem strange to be pleased to be beaten by a bodybuilder,I was very happy. No pain in my hip on the heavy stuff!!and remember that I am at my weakest at the moment it all bodes well.

Martin now wants to squat with me and I think we can both benefit from the competition.And no excuse but he is a couple of stone heavier and 20ish years younger than myself but that is how things have always been in my training life.
Watch this space.
Dave.
AdamIcon...31-12-2008 @ 15:50 
Gone squatting
Member 12, 386 posts
SQ 250, BP 155, DL 260
665.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
How's the training going Dave? Are you still training with Martin?

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions