Who's Online - 1 member and 97 guests

News From The GBPF EXEC - Suspended Lifters

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

EvisIcon...19-05-2016 @ 14:25 
Member 2202, 346 posts
SQ 282.5, BP 220, DL 320.5
823.0 kgs @ 120kgs UnEq
newhybrid said:
interestingly enough, Gerry MacNamara who's now a committee member and lifter in the GPC, but did lift in the IPF for several years previously stated the complete opposite. he reckoned they tested the guys who were lower doing the pecking order because they figured they'd come back negative. while avoiding testing the top lifters as positive tests on their 'stars' would be bad for the fed.

This is definitely not the case. But I see why someone who is involved with a different federation might claim something like that.
CAJIcon...19-05-2016 @ 14:26 
I recommend the track - Slut Machine
Member 6043, 955 posts
SQ 350, BP 195, DL 350
895.0 kgs @ 150kgs UnEq
Tom_Martin said:
To put it as bluntly as possible, the vast majority of powerlifters are s**t.

Haha You have a way with words Tom!

What exactly do you consider 's**t'.

Whilst I rightly class myself as 'inexperienced' in the world of powerlifting I'm certainly not inexperienced or s**t at lifting weights.

Will I ever be a world champion? - No, Will I ever break any world records - No, Do I care much, not really.

Remember it's us s**t c**ts that help make you look so good! Grin
newhybridIcon...19-05-2016 @ 14:26 
Member 3714, 637 posts
SQ 265, BP 177.5, DL 265
707.5 kgs @ 97kgs Eq
Evis said:
To me it seems like within the IPF at the moment you have some very gifted natural athletes and then you have some less gifted but enhanced lifters. I dont believe every gold medal to be by someone who at some point has done drugs.
The Russians seem to be as dirty as they are made out to be. The coach of the Russian IPF team Sergey Ivanov is the same guy who was coaching Lovchev at IWF Worlds. He is now also involved with some IPF lifters from Brazil and Ecuador. Which is not great.

this always makes me laugh. americans say the same. sure it goes on but its only those dirty foreign bas***ds, you know what like they are. none of our lifters would ever do that, no no no. there's a word for that.
newhybridIcon...19-05-2016 @ 14:27 
Member 3714, 637 posts
SQ 265, BP 177.5, DL 265
707.5 kgs @ 97kgs Eq
Evis said:
This is definitely not the case. But I see why someone who is involved with a different federation might claim something like that.

lol, someone who lifted in the IPF for decades too and left due to the corruption?
EvisIcon...19-05-2016 @ 14:29 
Member 2202, 346 posts
823.0 kgs @ 120kgs UnEq
newhybrid said:
this always makes me laugh. americans say the same. sure it goes on but its only those dirty foreign bas***ds, you know what like they are. none of our lifters would ever do that, no no no. there's a word for that.

There is a lot more to it than that though. Russias whole federation has been suspended several times. For 2016 the male Russian team is only allowed two lifters in each championship due to too many failed in-comp tests the last couple of years. And with the national coach. I am sure he has trained more than 10 athletes who are now banned.
newhybridIcon...19-05-2016 @ 14:34 
Member 3714, 637 posts
SQ 265, BP 177.5, DL 265
707.5 kgs @ 97kgs Eq
Tom_Martin said:
To put it as bluntly as possible, the vast majority of powerlifters are s**t, and there are thousands of them in the country. GPC isn't a mecca of strength achievement, only ascended to after surpassing the natural talent in the country. It is full of s**t lifters doing their first comp who have been in the gym less than 1 year, just like every other fed. Most of them can't even wrap their head around an arena that openly allows them to use steroids. Probably still indoctrinated into thinking steroid users are worse than child molesters.
Top 10 wilks in each of the untested feds? All *probably* on gear.
Top 10 wilks in the GBPF? Extremely likely to not be the people who are cheating in the GBPF. Most likely to be on the next rung down flying under the radar trying to make it into the "big time". Small percentage, maybe 5% at a guess.

tom, why do you have to call us s**t? lol. some of us just enjoy lifting and particularly doing comps as it's something to work towards. also great to meet up with folk again Happy
lower level competitors will do fine
Tongue
newhybridIcon...19-05-2016 @ 14:36 
Member 3714, 637 posts
SQ 265, BP 177.5, DL 265
707.5 kgs @ 97kgs Eq
Evis said:
There is a lot more to it than that though. Russias whole federation has been suspended several times. For 2016 the male Russian team is only allowed two lifters in each championship due to too many failed in-comp tests the last couple of years. And with the national coach. I am sure he has trained more than 10 athletes who are now banned.

i'm certain victor conte worked with a lot more than 10 athletes who are now banned...
SteveIcon...19-05-2016 @ 14:44 
nothing to hide, please follow my life on webcam
Member 255, 3732 posts
newhybrid said:

Whatever you want to label it, it doesn't mean it isn't true.

I think an impartial look at the past and present testing results clearly shows there are countries who are quite happy to allow or even encourage cheating.

Also in many Countries lifters receive funding based on results whilst in the UK and US there is basically no funding for lifters so there is a far bigger incentive to cheat.
EvisIcon...19-05-2016 @ 14:45 
Member 2202, 346 posts
823.0 kgs @ 120kgs UnEq
newhybrid said:
i'm certain victor conte worked with a lot more than 10 athletes who are now banned...

Did he work with a single powerlifter in his whole life though? Because if not I struggle to see the relevance.
macrothIcon...19-05-2016 @ 14:46 
no longer the Swiss Deadlift record holder
Member 3517, 3367 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 122.5, DL 255
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
newhybrid said:
Evis said:

I hate it when I don't get the joke. Confused
AdamTIcon...19-05-2016 @ 14:55 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
One idiotic comment from yours truly, has fairly sparked the thread up.

I wasn't intentionally fishing either. Cool
AdamTIcon...19-05-2016 @ 15:00 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
To be fair lads, the last two gyms I have been in, you could count on your hands, who is natural.

All these guys are very open with their use. Some compete bodybuilding, but most are just after big guns.

Also I know first hand of a couple of guys who competed gbpf and lets just say, they are quite loaded with chemicals. I won't name anybody, they don't compete now.

Anyway I apologize if anyone is offended by my ignorance, but natural trainers are not very common in my recent gyms.
newhybridIcon...19-05-2016 @ 15:06 
Member 3714, 637 posts
SQ 265, BP 177.5, DL 265
707.5 kgs @ 97kgs Eq
Evis said:
Did he work with a single powerlifter in his whole life though? Because if not I struggle to see the relevance.

Russia are being targeted and made out to be the devil by WADA, the IOC as well as the IPF(cosy bed fellows), clearly resources are limited so this must mean athletes/lifters in other countries are subject to less testing. in short, if you're russian you will be targeted and vilified because of your nationality. if you are, just as examples a british powerlifter, or a jamaican sprinter you will probably slip through without being tested. whether you're using or not.
EvisIcon...19-05-2016 @ 15:09 
Member 2202, 346 posts
823.0 kgs @ 120kgs UnEq
newhybrid said:
Russia are being targeted and made out to be the devil by WADA, the IOC as well as the IPF(cosy bed fellows), clearly resources are limited so this must mean athletes/lifters in other countries are subject to less testing. in short, if you're russian you will be targeted and vilified because of your nationality. if you are, just as examples a british powerlifter, or a jamaican sprinter you will probably slip through without being tested. whether you're using or not.

You know there are actual lists of who are being tested at championships right? Sure, the Russians are targeted due to failing a lot of tests, but its not like the other countries arent. Maybe you should do some research before shouting out of your arse.
matthewvcIcon...19-05-2016 @ 15:13 
‘downsizing’
Member 5704, 3218 posts
SQ 280, BP 210, DL 320
810.0 kgs @ 96.3kgs UnEq
AdamT said:To be fair lads, the last two gyms I have been in, you could count on your hands, who is natural.

All these guys are very open with their use. Some compete bodybuilding, but most are just after big guns.

Also I know first hand of a couple of guys who competed gbpf and lets just say, they are quite loaded with chemicals. I won't name anybody, they don't compete now.

Anyway I apologize if anyone is offended by my ignorance, but natural trainers are not very common in my recent gyms.

I think there's a massive amount of casual gear use amongst the general trainer - you only have to go on muscletalk to get a feel for it - kids with minimal time under the bar and s**tty lifts well into high dose and exotic stacks.

however, none of the GBPF lifters i know take anything and nothing about them be it suddenly rising numbers, traps of doom, nose bleeds... you name, it would indicate otherwise.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions