TL:DR
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Openers for deads

WU
120x10, 170x6, 210x3, 240x3

260x3

Yeah baby, felt great, and tbh better than when I set the openers for the worlds... comfortable and nice pull all the way through to lock out... damn near floated off the floor... well not quite floated but went up well... thats now it for deads and will do the heavy stuff next week at the comp. shoulder/collar bone is still niggley but much better... only downside at the moment is that friday night I was sick as a dog... felt a bit dodgy before my last shake of the day and then after that it was all I could do to stop throwing up and when I finally settled I was up and down all night with stomach issues and wind... boy did I get told sat morning lol... but feeling good now and weight is still ok, strength hasnt suffered and just really want to get in and do the comp now...
GreyphantomIcon...23-01-2012 @ 15:44 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Openers Squat and bench

Squat
WU 70x10, 110x8, 150x5, 190x3

210x3

Bench
WU 70x9, 90x5, 110x3

125x3

Oooouch... well the collar bone thing is back... sigh... feels ok in squatting but as the weight goes up in the squat so does the pressure on the clavicle... woo freaking hoo... however went on to bench and if I give it some time then I noticed its not so bad, but if I also get the right position (ie shoulders back tight, lats engaged and grip just so) then its not so bad either... sigh... and add to this the fact that I had a crappy nights sleep and have had huge dodgy tummy issues this morning I was hesitant when squatting to say the least... still onward and upward...

Squat - all went well as was expected... 190 down to the bottom and for some reason was a bit apprehensive about 210 but it went well... only fly was on the first rep when I shot up too fast from the hole and nearly overbalanced at the top... mental note, exert better control, but think I also pushed my chest too far out lol...

Bench - clavicle hurting on this in all the warm ups... but still managed to get 3 really good fully paused reps on the 125 which is awesome...

actually really productive and I have made some good progress when comparing my openers from my first comp and even the worlds to this... now all to do is rest and recover and bring on the big day...
GreyphantomIcon...31-01-2012 @ 14:07 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
BPC "Lee 'Lumpy' Price" Raw qualifier report.

Got there in time for weigh in on the friday evening (made fantastic time round the m25 actually) and jumped on the scales to weigh in at 107.5kg sigh, thought it would be lower this time as started actual dieting round monday by dropping more carbs and lower fats... kept protein high though... friday I didnt eat at all as I even though I was under I knew I would probably put too much on with a meal or two... sipped lucasade through the day only really... sooo damn hungry by dinner time that after weigh in and check in (hotel) went to mcdees with kids and ate 2500 cals worth of food... then an hour after getting back to the hotel I had a shake and some other bits to make it an even 3000cal man that felt good, sooooo much respect for those who diet for so long to cut for bbing... not for me I know this...

Saturday woke well, down for brekkie (bacon, eggs and mushrooms and juice) and then off to the comp... got in nice and early, got changed into my sexy singlet and bits and then just waited to warm up for squats...

Squats - warm ups went really well, felt nice and strong and very comfortable, shoulder/pec felt good with not even a twinge... just warmed up to about 190 then rested before being called for my first lift... 210 was my opener and was fine, nice and comfy with no problem... 2nd attempt was 230 and felt even better... so far so good... then for the third attempt I thought would try 245 which is still below my gym record... set up went ok and started the lift got down to a good depth and drove up... on the way up my pec/shoulder (narrowed it down to my trap really) went and my chest gave in, at this stage I was still pushing up and thinking I would get it... but I was caught by the spotters and racked the bar... good call but a tough one... (the spotters were pure awesome by the way)... that was all she wrote for squats and after the last one I was not sure about benching...

Bench - took a couple of nurofen and started warm ups... 60 felt horrible... painful and just didnt feel it at all... sigh... got loads of advice about how to bench though and a mate gave me a squirt with this spray pain away stuff which seemed to work nicely... (plus I took another 2 nurofen )... 80 felt better and then 100 felt ok too... 110 was a bit shakey to be honest and by this stage I was a bit worried... 125 was my opener... under the bar, got my shoulders and back tight and just got on with it... good lift... very happy, everything else would be gravy now... 135 second attempt... set up nicely and took the bar, felt painful on the way down and touched my chest... waited for the press command.... waited.... waited... then it came and bam up it went... felt ok (still painful but not hindering) and thought wtf will try for 145... came out to do 145 which would be a pb for me... again took the bar, felt heavy but not as bad as I thought... down the bar went (very sore now) and touch chest... waited... waited... waited... waited.... and press (thank god lol)... maaaaan this was a grind, just did not give up at all as I wanted this... got it to lock out and bam baby good lift!!! so freaking pleased and have to say that the longer wait for the press command probably helped keep me locked so god bless Dave Mannering for that lol...

Deadlifts - this is my best lift... warm ups were good and felt comfortable, no problems for my chest or shoulder at all... only went up to about 250 for warm up and then out to start opener at 260... this would be a british record for my class... as I sat there waiting for my name to be called my quads started cramping... could not fvcking believe it dammit... stood up and rubbed them down, didnt help much... name called walked out (a bit gingerly tbh) I addressed the bar and began the lift, as I got it to the top my left quad sort of cramped/spasmed but I made lock out ok (2 whites only though first time on a dead for me not to have 3)... second attempt 280, not happy with the first lift tbh so I drank half a bottle of lucosade and this helped a lot... cramps stopped and out I went for 280... this flew up and went much better than the first by far... another brit record woot... then third attmept was 300... only pulled this once before in training... legs were fine and felt right on the money... addressed the bar set up and BAM baby just went up nicely... felt better than the second even... at this stage as I had a brit record I could try a 4th attempt... so though bugger it will go silly and try 320kg... never even tried to lift this before so wasnt sure if it would even move but hey you got to try to push the envelope hey... I got to have a few mins to prepare and after a couple of mins I gave the judge the nod and went out to the bar... big breaths and set up... started to lift but only managed to get it to my knees... no lift for me... but I have identified a few problems with the set up for that one and I know I just sort of gave up... one of my problems I think in lifting and need to kick that out of me...

so overall I came 7th out of 39, 2nd in my class with a total of 675, squat 230, bench 145, dead 300... good but will do better next time... this also means I qualify for the brit finals in May (26/27 May 12 at the five lakes crown plaza in Colchester, Essex). This means I dont have to compete in april which is nice and will just go to help out and watch...

Man I just loved this comp even more than any of the others... my main rival was Jamie Chivers and we were pretty evenly matched on squats and while my dead is a bit better than his, his bench is just freaking amazing, I mean he bench 200kg raw and made it look easy, superb stuff and so damn inspirational... but one day lol... Dave Beattie ran another fantastic comp and is such a nice guy... a pure icon of powerlifting and such a virtue to the sport...

as good as I was going into the event I was absolutely knackered coming out of it... quads were sore, ripped my hand a little on the last dead attempt and pec/trap was just so sore... but man none of that mattered as I made some good lifts and had such a good time...
GreyphantomIcon...13-02-2012 @ 18:03 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Squat day

Squats
WU 70x12, 110x10, 150x7

190x1x2, 1x3

DE Deadlift

WU 110x8, 150x6

190x4x3

SLDL
110x3x10

First day back in training and man have I missed it... was going to start back last week but thought I would give my shoulder/chest an extra week to recover/heal. Was like coming home after a long time working away lol...

Squats - warm ups went well and felt good, nice and tight and really easy, great depth and not a thing from the shoulder/chest. Top set just left it light this week to see how it would feel... was ok, first set setup was wrong and it just didnt feel right... second set was much better and felt good and tight... must keep the focus on keeping body tight through the whole movement... just got to get my squatting groove back lol

Deads - nice and easy, again nice and light and just worked on the form which was fine tbh... felt great to lift from the floor again...

SLDL - wow these I felt the most my hams and glutes were killing after each set and by set 3 didnt know whether to stand or sit or just walk around lol...

will add pull throughs next week I think...

yeah baby glad to be back with the iron...
GreyphantomIcon...15-02-2012 @ 21:08 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Coan/Prilepin day

Bench

WU barx10, 60x10, 80x10

102.5x1x10, 1x8 1sp

Squats

WU 100x5

150x3x3
160x1x3

Tricep pushdowns
20x1x12

40x1x10, 1x9, 1x9 1p

@JB came over and just had a training session tonight...

Bench - was the first night of the new Coans benching program I am starting... felt odd, didnt seem to be much in it tbh but one really good thing is that my chest/shoulder thing did not give me much pain at all... only on the second set in the last few reps did it give a little problem but after no pain and still full ROM wooot... will be sticking with this as I have high hopes, much more pumped in the chest for sure...

Squats - DOMS in the legs from monday and I was a bit hesitant but they worked out well... legs really hurt now though lol...

Triceps pushdowns - felt these really well in the tris... first time done these in a while... felt good and tris got a good work out...

Good start to the new training phase, will add some more assistance stuff in from next week esp as the chest held up well and feels really good... long may that continue... was good having JB there to train with... onward and upward for sure...
GreyphantomIcon...20-02-2012 @ 16:01 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Prilepins day 1

ME Squat
WU 70x12, 110x10, 150x7, 180x4

200x1x2, 1x3

DE Deads
WU 110x8, 150x6

190x4x3

SLDL

120x3x10

Wooo hoooo wow this was a good session, made better I think cos I expected it to be a crap one... should/chest thing was giving me grief all day as if I had slept on it funny... pretty tired as not much sleep last night then remembered I had some extra MTFU tablets so took them...

Squats- warm ups felt good... even 180 felt really smooth, stable and solid... 200 I did for the first time with no belt on and it felt awesome... lower back a little more pumped but stomach is tight and strong which is great considering the hernia ops in the past... first set of 200 I talked myself out of the third rep as no belt, but 3nd set I just sucked it in, kept it tight and bam baby... really pleased but now really sore quads... lol... also I placed the bar slightly lower down and it felt a bit more stable and up right at the bottom of the hole...

Deads - no problem as always, concentrated this week on getting the weight off the floor as fast as I could... seemed to do the trick and the weight flew up... nice and tidy...

SLDL - upped the weight a bit and it felt easier than last week... felt it working a treat but it didnt leave me incapacitated as last week did... although now I am feeling my glutes and hams and lower back a bit more, my whole posterior chain has taken a kicking for sure... but damn it feels pure fantabulous...

Reallly happy this week, back into the swing of things and its feeling great, squats are coming along technique wise but would like to get someone to give me the once over, might have to visit @Merat and Dave Beattie at the genesis gym in London or Dave Mannering in Maidstone... purely for pointers and to make sure I am moving the weights right... we can always improve hey... feeling good...
GreyphantomIcon...22-02-2012 @ 20:18 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Prilepin/Coan day 2

ME Bench
WU bar x 12, 70x10, 90x10

103.5x1x9, 1x6

DE squats
WU 100x5

150x4x3

CGBP
81x2x10

Lying cable extension
30x2x10

The good - tried some technique stuff that I saw in bench videos by Dave Tate... these really really helped and I could feel them working well, getting the pressure on the traps, keeping tight, squeezing the bar and setting up properly... did not feel my chest/should at all in the press today... really happy with this and will certainly help moving forward...

The bad - well I know now why Dave Tate said that proper position for benching is only useful in lower rep sets as after about 4 or 5 it starts to get really hard... would have been better to just lifting with normal bench position I think for the higher rep sets...

The ugly - noticed that on the exercises where I lay down my left ear became blocked... like it was closing... not sure why but concerning... this also happened on the exertion phase of squats... not sure why but I have noticed that when sleeping on my left side it also blocks so might make a trip to the docs to get it seen to...

Bench - tried some new techniques as said, wow, @Merat I now know what you mean mate when you told me about getting the traps set and feeling the pressure in them... cant remember when you told me but finally its clicked in lol... however I did notice that on higher rep sets it became harder to hold that position and lost power in the higher range...

Squats - sweet, I have come to a revelation that I really need to work on the drive and power esp in the speed weight range... so made sure I really pushed hard and it felt good... also held the bar lower down on my traps/upper back as per monday and again if felt better... really pleased with these...

CGBP - felt ok but noticed some pain in the elbows but nothing too serious... didnt think I had done enough on these but now my tris are pumped and feeling it...

Lying Tricep ext - felt good but again I didnt feel it as much as I expected, but then afterwards my tris were nicely toasted so I guess its working lol...

still got some work to do but its getting there, felt so on today but then with all the things I tried maybe its to be expected that instead of concentrating on lifting the weight I was concentrating on the technique...
GreyphantomIcon...24-02-2012 @ 17:40 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Prilepins/Coan day 3

ME deadlifts
WU 120x10, 170x8, 210x5

250x1x2, 1x3

Coans DE Bench
WU 60x10

81x2x10

Chins

BWx2

BOR
130x1x8, 2x7

Was a pretty good work out considering I am absolutely farked and soooo tired... slept so poorly last night and on the back of a week of late nights and early mornings... slept in a weird position too so shoulder (other one) was giving some niggles but this cleared up a lot by the time it came to lifting... before training took a nice big hot cup of mtfu... worked wonders (that and the can of monster )

Deads - planned to go to 250 only this week, seems I work better doing a week lighter and then a week full out effort... all warm ups went well and felt good... first set of 250 was not as good, forgot to chalk my hands as I got set up I realised and so quickly chalked then lifted only got two and they felt a bit difficult, think it was the breaking of my setting up that did that... 2nd set was pure awesome... set up was great, lifting felt strong and loads of power from the floor... course it wouldnt be dead day without the ripped calluses and skin being ripped off my shins...

Bench - good position again and its still hard to hold it for 10 reps, even on a light weight... weight felt good and I worked on the drive from the chest... feeling good about this and again not a niggle from the chest/shoulder... nice...

Chins - well this didnt go to plan for sure... felt like I wouldnt be able to do 1 but was easy to get up there, only thing was it pulled my chest shoulder injury and after the second I stopped as its healing so well right now I do NOT want to keep it going... need to be fully healed for next wednesday...

BOR - went up much easier than expected... upper back now as fragged as my lower lol... will keep the weight the same for next week to work on the form...

over all it felt good even though I am knackered...
GreyphantomIcon...01-03-2012 @ 12:36 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Genesis Training...

Box squats with chains (approx 60kg)

bar + chains x5
110 x5
130 + chains x2
150 + chains x2
170 + chains x2 (with knee wraps first time trying)
170 + chains x1
190 + chains x1
150 + chains x3 (form)

ATG squats, speed
110x5, 140x5

Leg press
200 x 8
240 x 8
280 x 8

GHR machine

BW 1x 3/4, 1x 1/2
BW 1x2 spotted

Ext
55x 2x 12

Wow what a day... went to Genesis to train with Dave Beattie, @Merat and a couple of others... learned so much from Dave and Curtis Arnold (another very good powerlifter) and just had a blast... tried a few new things and actually managed to do ok... at least I didnt let the girl beat me

Box squats - not really done these before, a new experience for sure, and add the chains on it adds a whole new dimension to the squat... I think there may have been a few extra sets for warming up and finding out how the box works but I forgot to write everything down... first of all the box was a bit odd, getting down there pausing then driving off the bottom, showed a few weak spots in my squat for sure... then add the chains on top of that and its even cooler but weird... got a load of pointers from Dave and Curtis, helped a lot in getting that last single think I could have gone for more weight tbh but left well enough alone and worked on the form more using all they had told me... wraps felt odd... was very aware of them and as a result I just missed touching the box on the first rep I had them on... It has been recommended that I use them but tbh I will hold on for a bit... really enjoyed the workout... the speed squats were an eye opener for sure, powering up from the hole as fast as you possibly can with Dave yelling at me to go faster from the bottom really good and I learned what it means to perform a speed squat properly... none of this slow ascent stuff but POWER up from the bottom FAST...

LP - havent done these for a while, years actually and after squats felt good... some quick sets and on to the next...

GHR - oh my good god this is a machine of pure evil... I had heard/read that it was hard but really!!!!??? how about fvcking impossible lol... but without a doubt one of THE best ham glute exercises I have ever attempted, my ass and hams are feeling it today even though I did sod all... pure awesome...

Ext - just finished with these only light and top off a good day...

During and immediately after working out legs felt ok, worked but ok... later legs felt completely farked... today walking like a nun of 40 years losing her virginity to an american football team lol... but sooo great a feeling... I really enjoyed working in a gym again, being in a team also meant for more motivation and everyone was supportive and pushed me... using the equipment like the mono lift, box (got to build me one of those) and chains (got to get me some of those) was fantastice but the best part of it was having so many great powerlifters watch my technique/form and offering advice as to how to fix it or where I was going wrong so I becam aware and could fix it on the next set... makes for more pain today but a better squat come the brit finals...

I am DEFINITELY going to go back for some more beasting...
GreyphantomIcon...02-03-2012 @ 16:41 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Bench day

Bench
WU 60x10, 80x10, 95x8

107.5 x 1x7, 1x3

Dislocations
Barx3x15

oh what a sh1tty day... loads of non training sh1t hitting the fan (not relationship but other stuff thats just turning in to a huge cluster) and to top it all my elbow is really sore from last week still (lying extensions oh when will I learn that twinge = stop ffs)... also v tired as more late nights and early mornings and work has been busy... not that its hugely taxing tbh but still...

Bench - started ok... felt my elbow from the first but it wasnt too bad... 80 was fine felt more twinges but not too bad, 95 good... first set of 107.5 felt pretty good squeezed the bar and kept tight all through the lifts... second set unfortunately blew chunks... didnt set up right felt awkward from the start and freaking elbow was really achey and couldnt grip the bar tightly with my right hand... not happy...

Tried tricep work but no way, elbow just not having it, so in a fit of disgust I left it at that...

Dislocations - I liked these, felt tight on the first few reps but loosened up and then felt really good... right hand still not gripping too tightly but shoulders and upper chest feel much better...

Sucketh training today... not happy but you get days like these... news on the life front could be better, but you got to roll with the punches... its supposed to get better by beginning of next week which I hope fervently that it does else it will screw up my plans for the near future... that will royally p me off and I might have to kick some ass and take some names at that stage...

legs still shaky from training at Genesis btw... love that Grin
GreyphantomIcon...04-03-2012 @ 17:04 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Deads

Deadlift
WU 120x10, 170x8, 210x5, 250x3

290x1xf

Rack Pulls
210x2
250x2x1
170x1x8

Chins
bwx2

BOR
130x4

mixed bag today... deads felt ok, warm ups felt easy and good... 290 flew off the floor and got to just past my knees but then couldnt quite lock it out, really weird energy just zapped...

Rack pulls - first time doing these, very different to what I expected... first set was just getting used to it then did 2 singles and they felt good but really hit my upper back more and could feel it more in the hips and glutes than off the floor... will keep going on these I think...

Chins and BORs - chins still pulling the shoulder/chest which is getting better but slowly, too slowly dammit... only did as many as I could before the twinge told me to stop...

today loved the deads and felt ok about rack pulls which I will keep in and keep working on them... still a bit miffed at the injury but its not too much of a problem yet, another couple of weeks though and if its not better will see someone... energy levels seem to be a bit up and down lately, didnt have all my meals before training today and it seems it might have had a bit of an effect... sleep is a bit all over the place at the moment too but hopefully will get that sorted this week...
GreyphantomIcon...06-03-2012 @ 17:59 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Squat day...

Squats
WU 60x10, 100x6, 140x4, 180x3, 200x2

220x3x2

Deads
WU 100x5, 140x5

180x4x5

SLDL
130x1x10, 2x8

Bench GHR
BWx 3partials

OOOOoooooohhhhhh my legs and posterior chain are in bits... so damn sore even now...

Squats - wow, after last week at Genesis and all the advice I added everything I was told to and noticed a huge difference in the squat, felt more stable and more power coming up... felt my legs way more and in different places... but loved every damn rep... just kept it to 220 today to make sure I locked it in and got the form right... felt great...

Deads - well after last week doing speed squats (and learning what the true meaning of speed is) I pretty much did the same with these... in the past I have been too slow and think this has been hindering the power from the floor so fast as I can did 4 sets of 5... had about a minutes break between sets and it freaking hurt... was blowing out my rear hugely but it was brilliant... really got it working and my back was hugely pumped...

SLDL - tbh was not sure how these were going to go, sucked in some air and did the first set expecting 8 but got 10... bonus! but then couldnt sit... lol... next two were hard but felt good, good stretch in the hams and glutes were well achey...

Bench GHR - tried this out as liked the GHR machine last week... as hard as the machine really hams just not as good as I thought and really felt hard... got 4 partials out where got almost the whole way down before going up again... my hams are now humming lol...

One of the better squat days I have had... things really coming together and its feels so awesome... cannot believe how much I am feeling it in my legs and posterior chain already... freaking hurty... yeah baby!!!
GreyphantomIcon...09-03-2012 @ 18:52 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Combined Bench and deads day

Bench
WU 60x10, 80x10, 100x8

112.5x1x5, 1x4

Deads
110x5
180x5
210x5
240x3
260x2

Chins
BWx4
BWx6 partials

Been a bit off a couple of days this week, just sort of meh... tired, head achey, bit of a loss of appetite... also felt like I have a wisdom tooth coming through... today felt much better though... not so hungry but after training thats now changed lol... due to all this put off bench day till today and then just added in the deads and tried to do some chins...

Bench - felt ok today... up till 112.5 then I found that holding the proper bench position up on the traps feet back a bit and back arched becomes quite difficult after a few reps, on the second set I felt my back cracking and popping lol... not pain or anything so thats ok... wasnt really concentrating on lifting the weight so much as getting the technique right... pleased over all but looking forward to when the reps lower to 3 or less so wont have to hold it for so long... chest shoulder thing didnt even twinge during the bench even though I still feel it when not lifting...

Deads - focussed on getting the speed off the floor today, something a bit different and tried doing sets of 5 up till 240 then when got to 260 just didnt set right on the last rep so only the 2... hands in bits, but grip still strong... felt comfortable and was happy with the speed...

Chins - just tried these out really as the pain in my chest/shoulder has hindered them... felt ok on the full reps only my hands (in bits from the deads) were a pain, partials were really good and felt comfortable, no pain at all... well except for the hands...

that was pretty much it... happy enough and felt ok... next week though I have to up my game... going to make sure I complete the main lifts but with more assistance stuff now...

Also found out that the Brits Raw finals is on the sunday 27 May now not the Saturday... means I cant go out to have a few beers with all who might be coming but I get to eat the whole of saturday lol
GreyphantomIcon...12-03-2012 @ 15:55 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Squat day (Prilepins revised)...

Squats
WU 60x5, 100x5, 140x5, 180x2, 205x2 (PB with no belt)

230x3x2

Speed Deads
WU 100x5, 140x5

180x4x5

SLDL
140x1x8, 1x7, 1x6

GHR (lat bench)
BWx5p (lower down this time)

basically just fighting the urge to vomit right now...

Squats - still applying the learnings from the Genesis day and they are making quite a difference... much more stability, feel a lot more power out of the hole and much tighter throughout the lift... well happy at the moment, a couple of reps in the heavy sets could have gone better but legs are in bits right now let alone the next couple of days and for the first time in a while I am fighting the urge to throw up... can see some nice little gains coming in the near future for sure... but man all this technique stuff makes my legs hurty... but man all this technique stuff makes my legs happy lol...

Deads - wow these felt awesome... flew up off the floor and felt super comfortable... even the top sets felt no heavier than the 100kg set... really happy with how these are going...

SLDL - oh jebus, by the time I got to these my hams and glutes were aching from the squats and deads anyway... but clanged a few more kg on the bar and just on with the job... felt good but by the 3rd set I was thinking I am a b@stard lol... felt it right in the hams and glutes though so good job there...

GHR - these are still hard, not sure I have the technique exactly right so will look at some vids and see where/if I am going wrong, but I can say that my hams just gave up on me and glutes now kicking me in the tonsils... more work needed here...

Over all really happy, got 205 for 2 with no belt and it felt great, solid, stable and strong... well happy... training is going in the right direction...
GreyphantomIcon...15-03-2012 @ 19:36 
Member 2858, 889 posts
SQ 275, BP 155, DL 320
750.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Bench day

Bench
WU 60x10, 80x10, 100x8

118.5x2x3

Speed squats
WU 100x8, 130x5

160x4x5

Dips
BWx1 rep... thats it...

Tricep pushdowns
30x3x12

oh what a day... very much up and down... dodgy tummy today has had an impact... still managed to get some food and shakes in but it has also had an effect on stamina and motivation... just couldnt get much into getting into the gym... but took a shot of mtfu and did it... of two minds now though...

Bench - started ok... but just couldnt get set right... weights up to 100 were fine and felt strong and stable... but when I did 118.5 I twinged that same chest/shoulder thing and its now quite painful... doesnt hurt to touch, can press the area and nothing but when I move or stretch in a certain way I feel a fair aching pain... @Ak_88 wondering if you have any input there? feel it on the left side/slightly to the left (ever so slightly to the left) of the sternum about the mid point but also in the collar bone and funnily enough around the same point in my ribs on the back but not as bad... still got 118.5 for 2 sets of 3 which isnt that bad...

Speed Squats - oh good god this killed me... man... first set didnt get into the right frame of mind or set it up right but then the next 3 sets were great, concentrated on technique but also speed from the hole like at Genesis and it felt awesome...

Dips - did 1 rep and that was it as chest/shoulder thing killed me... couldnt do it properly and didnt want to risk any further hurty so just gave it up as a bad job...

Pushdowns - felt good but easy... prob should have used more weight... next time for sure...

over all it was a mixed bag of training... bench just didnt set right and I paid that price, the last set was ok in terms of position and technique but the first one was the one that did the damage... squats good and legs feeling it... bit miffed that I tweaked the injury again but hopefully it will not be that bad and will recover well and quickly... may have to take a week off or just do a deload... feeling crap isnt helping, didnt sleep last night too well and made the stupid mistake of going to bed too early after having my last shake... doofus that I am... still moving forward...

12345678910 ... ... 4950515253545556575859

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions