Metal powerlifting suits/shirts/kit

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

LukeCIcon...27-07-2010 @ 14:31 
The one in the guns and roses teeshirt.
Member 171, 2462 posts
SQ 272.5, BP 140, DL 245
657.5 kgs @ 80.2kgs Eq
Tony said:
What you offer above is a huge selling point imo.

This. Takes forever to ship direct from Metal sometimes so this would be a great help.

Go on Buzz, stock the multi-ply stuff as well, be a star. Tongue
chrisjenkinsIcon...27-07-2010 @ 14:31 
enter the welsh dragon
Member 738, 2297 posts
SQ 372.5, BP 237.5, DL 355
965.0 kgs @ 90kgs Eq
The Meal Ace bench shirt is the best shirt I have used. Having the arms tight makes all the difference in the shirt, Ano and Minna are good as gold with the sizing if you have your own correct size. The Metal King pro and pro deadlifter both excellent bit of kit. The Metal clothing is nice, I have tons of training clothing and its good quality stuff.
JoniIcon...27-07-2010 @ 14:47 
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
awesome news mate.

Also, i would think guys would appreciate the opportunity to try the suits and shirts on at any event you go to hold a stall in, would be a great service.
Ben_Tricky_BurgessIcon...27-07-2010 @ 14:53 
Member 86, 297 posts
Post Edited: 27.07.2010 @ 14:53 PM by Ben_Tricky_Burgess
I think in the single ply stuff theres a reason you dont ever see anyone wearing a Metal bench shirt, and rarely see anyone in the sq suits.

The single ply DL suits are the nuts though and they seem to have the multiply market nailed.
buzzIcon...27-07-2010 @ 15:34 
Go ! go ! team strengthshop !!!
Member 18, 5295 posts
SQ 185, BP 130, DL 230
545.0 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
IainKendrick said:Wil you be stocking their news singlets (black and white) or the ones with a viking on?

Not sure. I'll likely stock either the Titan or the Metal ones, not both. With all the sizes, and also the different varieties of the Metal ones, it makes for a lot of dead/slow stock. If there's something you want fro Metal, that I don't stock, I'm more than happy to order it in though.

LukeC said:
This. Takes forever to ship direct from Metal sometimes so this would be a great help.

Again, I'll be stocking a core range, generally aimed at the strongman scene, but will get stuff in on request no probs. The range is already a minefield for me, so I'll start with one of each suit and a shirt, and then potentially expand the range over time.

chrisjenkins said:The Meal Ace bench shirt is the best shirt I have used. Having the arms tight makes all the difference in the shirt, Ano and Minna are good as gold with the sizing if you have your own correct size. The Metal King pro and pro deadlifter both excellent bit of kit. The Metal clothing is nice, I have tons of training clothing and its good quality stuff.

Thanks for the feedback Chris.

Joni said:awesome news mate.

Also, i would think guys would appreciate the opportunity to try the suits and shirts on at any event you go to hold a stall in, would be a great service.

Aye man, that's what I said about folk being able to try the stuff on at events/stalls, and also at the unit.

Ben_Tricky_Burgess said:I think in the single ply stuff theres a reason you dont ever see anyone wearing a Metal bench shirt, and rarely see anyone in the sq suits.

The single ply DL suits are the nuts though and they seem to have the multiply market nailed.

You think the reason is coz they're not as good a standard as Titan and Inzer, or just because they're not as readily available? Price will also be a factor I'd think?
Joseph_WaltonIcon...27-07-2010 @ 15:57 
Mighty young Joe
Member 675, 2271 posts
SQ 272.5, BP 180, DL 275
727.5 kgs @ 114.8kgs UnEq
I wouldn't bother with any of the viking single ply stuff as the king material is far better.
LukeCIcon...27-07-2010 @ 16:47 
The one in the guns and roses teeshirt.
Member 171, 2462 posts
SQ 272.5, BP 140, DL 245
657.5 kgs @ 80.2kgs Eq
Post Edited: 27.07.2010 @ 16:49 PM by LukeC
buzz said:
LukeC said:

Again, I'll be stocking a core range, generally aimed at the strongman scene, but will get stuff in on request no probs. The range is already a minefield for me, so I'll start with one of each suit and a shirt, and then potentially expand the range over time.

Sorry Buzz, I didnt want to come across as a nag, I was just fooling around. Happy Im glad your stocking it. Your website is decent and you respond quickly to PMs so it made buying those knee wraps from you a doddle, ive already reccomended them to a few people.

For people looking into buying Metal stuff this is worth checking out:
http://www.elitefts.com/metal-manual/default.asp
Explains the difference between the various suits/shirts.
IcepickIcon...27-07-2010 @ 17:29 
still a cock
Member 55, 1213 posts
SQ 50, BP 25, DL 55
130.0 kgs @ 0.1kgs UnEq
buzz said:
You think the reason is coz they're not as good a standard as Titan and Inzer, or just because they're not as readily available? Price will also be a factor I'd think?

No it's because they are crap and worthless. Price is never an issue to the gear whore.
Ben_Tricky_BurgessIcon...27-07-2010 @ 18:08 
Member 86, 297 posts
Post Edited: 27.07.2010 @ 18:11 PM by Ben_Tricky_Burgess
Icepick said:
Price is never an issue to the gear whore.

Never a truer word was spoken.

I have to agree with Ice...the Titan single ply squat suits and bench shirts are miles ahead of the Metal in terms of carryover.

Although you do say you are aiming at the strongman market...i can imagine a Metal sq suit actually being better than a Titan in a squat for reps contest. Metal is way comfier and stretchier IME. I cant imagine hitting 12 reps in a Titan Centurion.
Frio3535Icon...27-07-2010 @ 18:35 
Member 346, 163 posts
SQ 0, BP 0, DL 335
335.0 kgs @ 84kgs Eq
Post Edited: 27.07.2010 @ 18:35 PM by Frio3535
Buzz would have you considered stocking metals cheapest pair of briefs? They are the best briefs i've used and last longer then a single ply suit..good for training etc..although as you're doing this from a strongman point of view im not sure if they are allowed in strongman comps?
buzzIcon...27-07-2010 @ 22:54 
Member 18, 5295 posts
SQ 185, BP 130, DL 230
545.0 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
Ok, so maybe King squat, deadlift, and bench shirt, single ply?

Frio - aye, briefs are generally ok, at least where suits/equipment is allowed. Is it the Pro Briefs you mean?

Luke - more feedback the better, didn't think you were nagging at all!
buzzIcon...27-07-2010 @ 22:55 
Member 18, 5295 posts
SQ 185, BP 130, DL 230
545.0 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
Icepick said:
No it's because they are crap and worthless. Price is never an issue to the gear whore.

Are you talking about the whole range of Metal single ply stuff? Not worth stocking it in your opinion, and better to go with the double ply ranges?
PompyIcon...28-07-2010 @ 09:37 
My opinions have run their course
Member 694, 3112 posts
Might be up for deadlift suit buzz
Ben_Tricky_BurgessIcon...28-07-2010 @ 11:14 
Member 86, 297 posts
buzz said:
Are you talking about the whole range of Metal single ply stuff? Not worth stocking it in your opinion, and better to go with the double ply ranges?

He's talking about the single ply Metal sq suits and bench shirts.

I think everyone generally accepts that the single ply Metal DL suits are good s**t. Its worth pointing out that Pullums already stock Metal im sure you already know that...
buzzIcon...28-07-2010 @ 12:03 
Member 18, 5295 posts
SQ 185, BP 130, DL 230
545.0 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
Pompy - no probs man.

Ben_Tricky_Burgess said:
He's talking about the single ply Metal sq suits and bench shirts.
I think everyone generally accepts that the single ply Metal DL suits are good s**t. Its worth pointing out that Pullums already stock Metal im sure you already know that...

Yeah, I saw they have a fair range of Metal stuff. Boar rates the single ply bench shirt, but it seems a lot of you are of the opinion that the single ply bench shirts and squat suits aren't up to the standard of Titan/Inzer, and if this is the case, I'm not sure how worthwhile it is stocking them.

Might even just start with deadlift suits, and take it from there.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions