Who's Online - 0 members and 260 guests

Maintaining strength whilst dropping bodyweight

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

FAT_SAMIcon...30-09-2016 @ 09:24 
more like 'FAT TROLL'
Member 984, 6331 posts
SQ 420, BP 260, DL 335
1015.0 kgs @ 165kgs UnEq
drex50 said:The reason why some of u maintain strength when dropping 20 kilos for 12 weeks is because u are too fat and u dont produce test enough to be strong, when u are less fat u produce more test and u can be stronger. It just takes more time to be strong at lower bodyweight.
I ve never seen a fat natural guy who is strong, never. Fat natural guys are not strong.
And they dont produce test, they have hormonal disbalance.

What is your view on Ray Williams? Without disrespecting him he is obviously fat. Granted he carries a ton of muscle but his bf% is still high. And we can argue that he is most definitely strong. He is also natural at contest time as he has never failed a drugs test. What gives? Or is he the exception to the rule?
AdamTIcon...30-09-2016 @ 09:26 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
FAT_SAM said:
What is your view on Ray Williams? Without disrespecting him he is obviously fat. Granted he carries a ton of muscle but his bf% is still high. And we can argue that he is most definitely strong. He is also natural at contest time as he has never failed a drugs test. What gives? Or is he the exception to the rule?

He probably only loses about 10% off cycle

Grin
matthewvcIcon...30-09-2016 @ 10:36 
‘downsizing’
Member 5704, 3207 posts
SQ 280, BP 210, DL 320
810.0 kgs @ 96.3kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 30.09.2016 @ 10:37 AM by matthewvc
FAT_SAM said:

how prominent fat is in terms of hormonal effects is likely nowhere near as big for a natty, so the gains you can get permanently
bulking (e.g. producing lots of insulin to drive nutrients into muscles) will outrun any impact fat has.
(sumo wrestlers have a huge FFM that could never be maintained at 8% bf)

fat, while being major source of aromatase (so more fat will mean more activity, more estradiol which is suppressive to hpta function), this is all talking part at natural levels. there's also SHBG acts as a brake on hormones by binding 95%+ free test/e2 up and will rise and fall based on levels. probably not as catastrophic as you think unless you are massively obese

fat only becomes a factor when people start taking excess aromatising drugs like test, dbol, where levels quickly overwhelm SHBG and we see problems with gyno, bloat, BP (GH15 himself advises prospective steroid users 'to get LEEAAN' first)
kennybabyIcon...01-10-2016 @ 23:38 
Member 2027, 125 posts
SQ 175, BP 120, DL 250
545.0 kgs @ 88kgs UnEq
I got very lean once and got stronger across the board .. a few years back even in my 40s .. ate predominantly protein and fat before workouts and carbs and proteins after .. did some intermittent fasting .. on rest days held carbs back medium to low ... ate a lot of fats from nuts, shellfish, olives, eggs, tuna etc ... one thing I noticed is I became more injury prone as I got leaner and it's hard not having the odd chocolate bar or cake longer term ... energy levels were fine and training wasn't really an issue ...
matthewvcIcon...02-10-2016 @ 01:48 
‘downsizing’
Member 5704, 3207 posts
SQ 280, BP 210, DL 320
810.0 kgs @ 96.3kgs UnEq
kennybaby said:I got very lean once and got stronger across the board .. a few years back even in my 40s .. ate predominantly protein and fat before workouts and carbs and proteins after .. did some intermittent fasting .. on rest days held carbs back medium to low ... ate a lot of fats from nuts, shellfish, olives, eggs, tuna etc ... one thing I noticed is I became more injury prone as I got leaner and it's hard not having the odd chocolate bar or cake longer term ... energy levels were fine and training wasn't really an issue ...

assume it's just lack of glycogen or water on joints from carbs adding some protection.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions