REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 125 guests
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitLittlegirl bunny

Littlegirl bunny

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

jimblanchflowerIcon...21-03-2007 @ 09:28 
Teabagger for hire
Member 54, 237 posts
We do train with bands all the time. Off-season we sometimes peak up a band cycle for a 5 rep max over two or three weeks. This can be great for building mass and strength.

When we use the bands for speed training I think they actually reduce the stress on the joints. There is less load where the muscles are at greatest stretch, but it is still necessary to push all the way through the lift in order to achieve the speed. This trains the neuromuscular pathways to optimise motor unit recruitment - just what you wnat for that big 1 rep max, without you having to use anyting close to maximal loads.

To offset the intensity produced it may be necessary for many lifters to reduce their volume.
BoarIcon...21-03-2007 @ 10:26 
Walk your talk
Member 5, 25557 posts
Administrator
mr chris from MT said his Gf should be doing the comp to qualify for the nationals

missfit.......................85 / 55 / 110......................[60]

she was the lass who was at warrington last year - and went first !!
littlegirlbunnyIcon...21-03-2007 @ 11:25 
MIA
Member 7, 621 posts
SQ 80, BP 45, DL 125
250.0 kgs @ 55kgs UnEq
Thanks for all the encouragement everyone Happy Not that it has made me want to do the comp, but it's nice to know there would be support if I did!

Originally posted by jimblanchflower...As for not having time to peak for the comp;- what sort of cycles are you following? I could peak for a comp. in less time.

Both the bench and squat cycles are pretty long - bench is a thirteen week program, and I have only just started that one (although, it wouldn't be any great deal to change it at this point either I guess). Squats i'm on 5x5 at the moment, and haven't done any heavy singles for a long time. I'm still struggling to get my first sets/reps on form in squats, so it's a bit of a bugger when in reality, there is only 1 rep that really counts. Deadlifting would probably be spot on, as I am due to do week 4 of olly's program today.

You are welcome to come over for some coaching - the same invitation extends to everyone. We are going to run some training camps anyway later in the year, but before then you can come to Salford Uni. on a wednesday afternoon or Powerhouse Gym Brierfield on a saturday. Let me know if you want to come over and we will arrange.

That would be brilliant Grin I can do wednesday's if I am not on site with work, but I often don't find out until a couple of days before. So saturday (with the exception of this coming saturday) maybe a better day to start with?

Training camps sound good - what are you planning with those?

Originally posted by Boar...
mr chris from MT said his Gf should be doing the comp to qualify for the nationals

missfit.......................85 / 55 / 110......................[60]

she was the lass who was at warrington last year - and went first !!

Oh yeah, Rebecca was outstandingly brave last year, that's for sure!

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitLittlegirl bunny
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions