REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 197 guests

Leg drive on log press

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

SteBennettIcon...31-03-2018 @ 21:06 
Average hamstring at best
Member 4663, 588 posts
PaulSavage said:Another thing (more about leg drive in general not just log) is that with your strict pressing, put the elbows forward and start from there just the same. Loads of people do strict pressing to build a base for push press or jerks yet the arms are in completely different positions which of course isn't going to carry over the same.

The log doesn't seem to roll or slip no, I have suspected before it's a lack of quad power as I feel I lack it during deadlift too.
Maybe more front squats is a good idea!

Cheers for the advice
PaulSavageIcon...31-03-2018 @ 21:14 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Post Edited: 31.03.2018 @ 21:15 PM by PaulSavage
SteBennett said:
The log doesn't seem to roll or slip no, I have suspected before it's a lack of quad power as I feel I lack it during deadlift too.
Maybe more front squats is a good idea!
Cheers for the advice

No worries. Also remember calf's are important for leg drive too. You should be moving off the floor each rep ideally. Calf's are often an overlooked body part when it comes to strongman in general.
SteBennettIcon...31-03-2018 @ 22:16 
Average hamstring at best
Member 4663, 588 posts
PaulSavage said:
No worries. Also remember calf's are important for leg drive too. You should be moving off the floor each rep ideally. Calf's are often an overlooked body part when it comes to strongman in general.

The irony!!! I literally have zero calfs! I get ripped all the time about them
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...31-03-2018 @ 22:42 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22043 posts
4 years later... I don't care! I now just train for 'shoulder strength' and not to get as much weight overhead as possible Happy

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions