REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 176 guests
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitKeto?

Keto?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

JCIcon...09-11-2011 @ 15:12 
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
shanejer said:

Hixxy bulk buys chicken, eggs and these dalepak frozen lambs and also veg and pretty much lives off that for 10 weeks or so leading upto a comp !

I'd rather get a daily dry bumming than live of just eggs/chicken/lamb

Dont get me wrong, I love them foods....but no bread/potatoes/pasta??? Dog s**t!
Beard_Of_IronIcon...09-11-2011 @ 15:25 
Head of Department, Ministry of Beards
Member 580, 2634 posts
SQ 210, BP 115, DL 266
591.0 kgs @ 101kgs UnEq
plonker said:plus your body responds to carbs with insulin (fat storage hormone)

insulin is a storage hormone but not EXCLUSIVELY a fat storage hormone.

bodyfat is lost when on average your rate of burning fatty acids is greater than your rate of storing them as adipose tissue (similar to protein turnover).

this can occur in a number of situations including when insulin levels are relatively high (e.g. in the post workout period) - a lot depends on the individual's insulin sensitivity, a lean hard-training athlete is a lot less likely to have 'spillover' to adipose tissue insulin levels are high.
SteveIcon...09-11-2011 @ 15:45 
nothing to hide, please follow my life on webcam
Member 255, 3732 posts
SMed said:There is no metabolic advantage (MAD), sorry to say. I used to be be pro-lowcarb but now it's clear that low-car is probably best for middle-aged fat diabetics and not hard training athletes. By that I mean all of the existing research has shown that low-carb is bad for athletes, not necessarily just endurance athletes, I mean people that train hard in general.

Read some Anthony Colpo for all manner of low-carb/MAD debunkery. He even has a 93+ page free e-book that goes thoroughly into the subject. http://www.thefatlossbible.net/They_Are_All_Mad.pdf

Do you know of any proper scientific research that shows low carb or high carb is better for powerlifters or weightlifters? It seems likely in sports where a great demand for energy is placed upon the body that carbs would be essential, however in weightlifting and powerlifting the total amount of work performed is actually relatively low.

There certainly seem to be examples of lifters who excell using both approaches and in the lighter weight classes lower carbs perhaps seems like it might offer an advantage in keeping the weight off.
JCIcon...09-11-2011 @ 15:48 
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Beard_Of_Iron said:
insulin is a storage hormone but not EXCLUSIVELY a fat storage hormone.

Indeed. I inject a hearty dose of insulin at LEAST 7 times a day, and am RIPPED to the bone!
paul_richardsIcon...09-11-2011 @ 16:15 
I personally prefer the stiffest possible.
Member 158, 3110 posts
SQ 170, BP 107.5, DL 222.5
500.0 kgs @ 67.4kgs UnEq
I find dropping SOME carbs suits me best when dieting.
hixxy1985Icon...09-11-2011 @ 16:26 
www.grahamhicks.co.uk
Member 994, 9594 posts
SQ 330, BP 250, DL 405
985.0 kgs @ 135kgs UnEq
All i wud say on the matter is dont knock it till u try it. i was at my strongest on keto but ive found wat wrked for me nearly killed shabe. so everyone different.
chaosIcon...09-11-2011 @ 17:20 
An amazing human being
Member 2047, 17156 posts
SQ 262.5, BP 170, DL 300
732.5 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
It made my feet stink! Followed the Hixxy 5 chicken boobs a day for 4/5 weeks btu added bits of veg (spinach, brocolli etc), found lost weight (well reduced beer gut significanlty) but missus made me stop cos of the smell!!!!!
RickIcon...09-11-2011 @ 22:58 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10035 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
A complete list of all solid scientific research on weight loss diets for strength athletes:

Seriously, the joy of nutrition is nobody has a f**king clue. You can't make people stick to diets, there are tons of variables, and people's food logs are lies (even when they are trying to tell the truth - probably the most solidly verified assertion in the field!). Then strength athletes who are trying to lose weight and prepared to let researchers experiment with their diets are too rare to do any sort of meaningful study on anyway.

Try stuff, see what works for you.
SteveIcon...10-11-2011 @ 08:28 
nothing to hide, please follow my life on webcam
Member 255, 3732 posts
SMed said:
Read some Anthony Colpo for all manner of low-carb/MAD debunkery. He even has a 93+ page free e-book that goes thoroughly into the subject. http://www.thefatlossbible.net/They_Are_All_Mad.pdf

So far I have found this quite irritating - he seeks to attack individual writers on specific points without then saying anything useful (I assume he hopes you will go and buy his e-book).

He repeatedly states low carb "dieters" loose weight, not because of a metabollic advantage, but because they actually naturally choose to eat less calories. Whilst this may prove there is no metabollic difference I would guess most dieters wouldn't care what the reason was if they loose weight whilst not feeling hungry.
bryceIcon...10-11-2011 @ 08:52 
Juice loose aboot this hoose
Member 1401, 3962 posts
SQ 160, BP 107.5, DL 210
477.5 kgs @ 88kgs UnEq
Rick said:A complete list of all solid scientific research on weight loss diets for strength athletes:

Seriously, the joy of nutrition is nobody has a f**king clue. You can't make people stick to diets, there are tons of variables, and people's food logs are lies (even when they are trying to tell the truth - probably the most solidly verified assertion in the field!). Then strength athletes who are trying to lose weight and prepared to let researchers experiment with their diets are too rare to do any sort of meaningful study on anyway.

Try stuff, see what works for you.

Best post ever on nutrition, well done rick Grin

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitKeto?
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions