REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 193 guests
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitJoshua vs Parker

Joshua vs Parker

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

slow_lift_joeIconJoshua vs Parker31-03-2018 @ 13:21 
Interesting
Member 6186, 245 posts
Could be interesting, but I think Joshua is just too strong.
Good reach, Parker has not lost, so could be interesting.

Deontay Wilder could be a different fight for Joshua, however Joshua is the number one heavy weight in the era at this moment in time.

I appreciate we do not have a Tyson, Holyfield or a Lennox Lewis so the heavy weight division is for Joshua unify.
KevC86Icon...31-03-2018 @ 13:32 
Member 5141, 4199 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 350
830.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
Joshua will end it reasonably quick, rounds 6 - 8 I'm thinking.
JohnGymIcon...31-03-2018 @ 13:39 
Hamstrings feel activated.
Member 1107, 6964 posts
SQ 220, BP 152.5, DL 252.5
625.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
slow_lift_joe said:
I appreciate we do not have a Tyson, Holyfield or a Lennox Lewis so the heavy weight division is for Joshua unify.

Until Tyson Fury boxes his robotic head off.
AMH_PowerIcon...31-03-2018 @ 13:55 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1442 posts
SQ 310, BP 250, DL 320
880.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
I think AJ's best attribute is his physical power...

He's lean af, but dropped weight for this fight. Double edged sword; he won't gas as fast as he usually does (it seems that in many fights AJ has just turned to stone for a round or two, but manages to recover... he can't afford to do this with JP), but his power drop given that he was already lean.

Parker is a fitter fighter and a better boxer, so if AJ doesn't knock him out he will have issues. On the flip side, I don't think Parker will KO AJ.

Points.. Parker, KO... AJ.

My prediction, AJ in round 7, but will be behind on the cards.
yiannisIcon...31-03-2018 @ 14:59 
'Laurel'
Member 4532, 484 posts
SQ 260, BP 175, DL 270
705.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
Parker not to be taken lightly.
I'm a massive AJ fanboy.
But Aj looks in great shape, has a bigger reach and has the physicality.

Parker has never been put down ever (apparently) but has never been against a puncher like AJ.
Parkers movement will be key for him but I think AJ will just beat him up until he goes.
AJ uses his jab well and i think he has learnt his lesson from Whyte and vlad. Takam took his power well and fight shouldn't of been stoped when it was but Aj was well up.
AJ Round 7 for me.
PikefingersIcon...31-03-2018 @ 15:26 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
JohnGym said:

I’m not sure Tyson Fury will ever even get back to a level where he will be able to challenge Joshua. He’s going to fight one, at most two low level opponents this year. AJ fight wouldn’t be before March 2019 at the earliest. By that point it would be three and a half years since Fury’s last meaningful fight. Joshua will have also improved by then. I think Fury may be done at the top level.
AdamTIcon...31-03-2018 @ 16:00 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
AMH_Power said:I think AJ's best attribute is his physical power...

He's lean af, but dropped weight for this fight. Double edged sword; he won't gas as fast as he usually does (it seems that in many fights AJ has just turned to stone for a round or two, but manages to recover... he can't afford to do this with JP), but his power drop given that he was already lean.

Parker is a fitter fighter and a better boxer, so if AJ doesn't knock him out he will have issues. On the flip side, I don't think Parker will KO AJ.

Points.. Parker, KO... AJ.

My prediction, AJ in round 7, but will be behind on the cards.

I'm 100% in agreement with this

I have heard of odds of 7/1 for AJ to hit the deck.

I think he might be floored at some stage, but to go on and win by 6-7.

Though Parker has never been stopped, so who knows how sturdy his chin is. We will find out tonight
AdamTIcon...31-03-2018 @ 16:01 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
JohnGym said:

Fury is definitely superior. If the lay off hasn't slowed him and he stays off the piss, I think he would box to a unanimous decision, or late stoppage.
93hopkinsonrIcon...31-03-2018 @ 16:24 
Mr.Potato deadlift
Member 2675, 4630 posts
SQ 300, BP 200, DL 300
800.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
JohnGym said:

Fury is overrated. He outboxed Klitschko, that’s for sure, but he’s looked poor many times in his career, and been dropped by cruiserweights. He doesn’t have the movement people say he does, or the chin. One phenomenal performance doesn’t make him the greatest boxer. Multiple wins over the best does. At the moment, his best win was bettered by Joshua. It remains to be seen but at the moment Fury is insignificant.

I don’t think the Joshua-Fury fight will ever happen
yiannisIcon...31-03-2018 @ 16:41 
'Laurel'
Member 4532, 484 posts
SQ 260, BP 175, DL 270
705.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
93hopkinsonr said:
Fury is overrated. He outboxed Klitschko, that’s for sure, but he’s looked poor many times in his career, and been dropped by cruiserweights. He doesn’t have the movement people say he does, or the chin. One phenomenal performance doesn’t make him the greatest boxer. Multiple wins over the best does. At the moment, his best win was bettered by Joshua. It remains to be seen but at the moment Fury is insignificant.

Fury is awkward and he beat vlad before the fight mentally and boxed very very well on the night.
But he has been down before and will go down again. He would cause AJ problems the same he caused vlad but i do think AJ would beat him.
AdamTIcon...31-03-2018 @ 16:49 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
93hopkinsonr said:

Look his previous two fights with Chisora and Hammer.

Far from overrated. He's actually underrated.

Aj is the one that's overrated.
PaulSavageIcon...31-03-2018 @ 16:56 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
slow_lift_joe said:Could be interesting, but I think Joshua is just too strong.
Good reach, Parker has not lost, so could be interesting.

Deontay Wilder could be a different fight for Joshua, however Joshua is the number one heavy weight in the era at this moment in time.

We do have a Tyson and wlad couldn't land a glove on him on home turf yet was a hair away from beating Joshua in the opposite circumstances. Pretty obvious who's better out the two.
AdamTIcon...31-03-2018 @ 17:02 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
PaulSavage said:
We do have a Tyson and wlad couldn't land a glove on him on home turf yet was a hair away from beating Joshua in the opposite circumstances. Pretty obvious who's better out the two.

Wlad was also out over a year and older when he fought AJ. Plus he fought AJ away.

Aj and Wlad was a cracking, life and death fight.

Fury just boxed his way to a pretty one sided decision in Germany.
slow_lift_joeIcon...31-03-2018 @ 17:26 
Interesting
Member 6186, 245 posts
Fighters in their prime is a funny thing. It might be too late now for Tyson Fury.

I still doubt Mike Tyson could have beat Lennox Lewis if Tyson fought him earlier mainly due to Lennox Lewis being 6'5 255 pounds (116Kilos) and with so much skill.

A 1986-90 Mike Tyson when I say there is no Mike Tyson, Holyfield or a Lewis.
When Mike Tyson first hit the scene it was intense but his prime was very short.

Joshua can unify all titles and good luck to him.
93hopkinsonrIcon...31-03-2018 @ 17:54 
Mr.Potato deadlift
Member 2675, 4630 posts
SQ 300, BP 200, DL 300
800.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 31.03.2018 @ 17:57 PM by 93hopkinsonr
AdamT said:
Look his previous two fights with Chisora and Hammer.
Far from overrated. He's actually underrated.
Aj is the one that's overrated.

I agree Joshua is also overrated. But at the moment, he has to be top of the tree, and the favourite to beat Fury. Joshua would have got rid of Hammer and Chisora way earlier.

Fury was excellent against Klitschko undoubtedly, but he wouldn’t have got rid of him even if they went 30 rounds, and that leaves him vulnerable to defeat. If he gets hit once properly, he will go down. No he didn’t against Klitschko, and Joshua was inches away from being finished, but Fury was inches away from being finished by Steve Cunningham. Wilder has been down a few times too. Fury is not the boxer you people are making him out to be lol

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitJoshua vs Parker
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions