REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 5 members and 203 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.

Impressive social media lifts

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... 343536 ... 7374757677787980818283

AdamTIcon...28-08-2018 @ 11:22 
AKA Big Rory Gibberish
Member 4056, 5009 posts
Larry Wheels stricts the same as the World's strongest man and at a much lighter bodyweight, plus he is younger too! BEAST!!!!
GordyIcon...28-08-2018 @ 11:45 
Avatar
Member 5418, 383 posts
Post Edited: 30.08.2018 @ 14:15 PM by Gordy
.
AdamTIcon...28-08-2018 @ 11:48 
AKA Big Rory Gibberish
Member 4056, 5009 posts
Gordy said:
He strikes me as the sort of person that would be in the NFL or the NBA if heíd had access to those sports growing up. Heís maybe the answer to the question, what would an athlete in one of the higher paid sports be capable of if they turned their attention to strength sports?


I don't know too much of his background, but he looks a great athlete. His explosive power is off the chart. If you blink during his deadlifts, you will definitely miss them.
MikenetoIcon...28-08-2018 @ 12:01 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1869 posts
There are much bigger freaks in the NFL
GordyIcon...28-08-2018 @ 12:13 
Avatar
Member 5418, 383 posts
Post Edited: 30.08.2018 @ 14:17 PM by Gordy
.
93hopkinsonrIcon...28-08-2018 @ 13:20 
Avatar
Mr.Potato deadlift
Member 2675, 3895 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 300
780.0 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
Gordy said:
He strikes me as the sort of person that would be in the NFL or the NBA if heíd had access to those sports growing up. Heís maybe the answer to the question, what would an athlete in one of the higher paid sports be capable of if they turned their attention to strength sports?


I think we already have the genetic freaks in the strength sports. Genetics donít get much freakier than Thorís and Shawís. I wouldnít be surprised if these guys were still the top 2 even with all the athletes from the NBA and NFL in there.

Whereís does that theory come from? Iíve heard it loads of times.

I think one of the reasons weíre seeing such freaky shows of strength from young guys like Larry is because they now train to be strong and supplement from a really young age, rather than coming from other sports later on.
MikenetoIcon...28-08-2018 @ 13:41 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1869 posts
There are bigger strength freaks than Shaw and Thor for sure...look at photos of them as teens.

Someone like Mike Jenkins was more of a freak...had a huge thick frame even when young. He tried and failed to get in the NFL...so what are the guys making the cut like?
MikenetoIcon...28-08-2018 @ 13:53 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1869 posts
There will be a 6ft 6 equivalent Larry Wheels in the near future also.

Kiril Sarychev has better strength genes than Shaw and Thor also.
MikenetoIcon...28-08-2018 @ 13:54 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1869 posts
Also watched an interview with Kieliszkowski where he says he trains a 16yr old who can press 250kg.
AdamTIcon...28-08-2018 @ 13:56 
AKA Big Rory Gibberish
Member 4056, 5009 posts
Imagine LeBron James as a strength athlete? He is widely recognised as the greatest athlete in a generation.
PaulSavageIcon...28-08-2018 @ 14:22 
Avatar
my goals are none realistic
Member 2775, 6876 posts
Pretty sure Rich Williams was one of the top picks in the NFL but don't recall of him ever doing much in strongman. Obviously athleticism and natural strength are going to help in both but they are still completely different sports. Obviously both Shaw and Thor played basketball before strongman but again, completely different sports.
93hopkinsonrIcon...28-08-2018 @ 14:45 
Avatar
Mr.Potato deadlift
Member 2675, 3895 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 300
780.0 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
Mikeneto said:There are bigger strength freaks than Shaw and Thor for sure...look at photos of them as teens.

Someone like Mike Jenkins was more of a freak...had a huge thick frame even when young. He tried and failed to get in the NFL...so what are the guys making the cut like?


It doesnít matter what they were like as teens. Their genetics have still allowed them to develop as they have and hold as much muscle mass as they do.

Iím not doubting thereís guys in others fields that also would have had the potential to be great strength athletes, but I think itís a bold statement to effectively say people in the NFL and NBA would be stronger than the strongest guys ever basically.

Terry Hollandís has better genetics than Thor, yet no disrespect to Terry but Thor is a far superior strongman and way stronger in general.

What about the rest of the world? Is the only pool of great athletes in the USAís NFL and NBA. Could the same not be said about top rugby players?
GordyIcon...28-08-2018 @ 15:14 
Avatar
Member 5418, 383 posts
Post Edited: 30.08.2018 @ 14:27 PM by Gordy
.
AdamTIcon...28-08-2018 @ 20:06 
AKA Big Rory Gibberish
Member 4056, 5009 posts
93hopkinsonr said:
It doesnít matter what they were like as teens. Their genetics have still allowed them to develop as they have and hold as much muscle mass as they do.
Iím not doubting thereís guys in others fields that also would have had the potential to be great strength athletes, but I think itís a bold statement to effectively say people in the NFL and NBA would be stronger than the strongest guys ever basically.
Terry Hollandís has better genetics than Thor, yet no disrespect to Terry but Thor is a far superior strongman and way stronger in general.
What about the rest of the world? Is the only pool of great athletes in the USAís NFL and NBA. Could the same not be said about top rugby players?


Terry has genetics for size, perhaps Thor is just a bit stronger genetically.

Look at our own Tom Martin. He looks huge for 100kg but in the grand scheme of things, he isn't the biggest framed guy out there (which makes him even more impressive) and his monster strong. Yury Belkin is the same.
drex50Icon...28-08-2018 @ 20:32 
Avatar
It's a moonface era now.
Member 5901, 953 posts
Mikeneto said:Thor won't be peaked for another 6 weeks. Thor is going to be crazy strong in 2019. He can take log and deadlift record.


Trash talk.
Biby presses 220 on a bar and is still far from log record.
Savickas always greatest presser.
Larry Wheels hats off to him.
But he shouldnt be compared to wsm athletes. If he start training all round these numbers will drop.

12345678910 ... 343536 ... 7374757677787980818283

© Sugden Barbell 2020 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto