REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 408 guests

Good Arms routine for a newb ?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

1234567

tz1127Icon...27-09-2010 @ 10:46 
Avatar
Member 1419, 2281 posts
SQ 175, BP 105, DL 240
520.0 kgs @ 82kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 27.09.2010 @ 10:46 AM by tz1127
http://blog.muschamp.ca/Pictures/2006/gregValentino.jpg
JCIcon...27-09-2010 @ 10:53 
Avatar
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Vid1982 said:With out sounding sarcastic, But surely with all the Bicep tears that everyone is carping on about, it would make people realise the need for stronger arms? Heavy Barbell curls on a fat bar with a full extension at the bottom would help stretch the biceps, and strengthen them, thus maybe preventing tears or reducing the risk of them happening?


Athlete aren't tearing their biceps due to a lack of bicep strength!
mozIcon...27-09-2010 @ 11:20 
Avatar
Feasting on humble pie.
Member 51, 1692 posts
SQ 227.5, BP 185, DL 272.5
685.0 kgs @ 90.4kgs UnEq
JC said:
Athlete aren't tearing their biceps due to a lack of bicep strength!


No you guys are just competing in a sport that has s**t loads of injuries. Probably lack of warm up on comp day?
JCIcon...27-09-2010 @ 11:24 
Avatar
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 27.09.2010 @ 11:24 AM by JC
moz said:
No you guys are just competing in a sport that has s**t loads of injuries. Probably lack of warm up on comp day?


Dont think so...tyre is normally one of the latter events

I think its muscle fatigue....both Terry & Mark did theirs when they'd done several comps in the space of a few months
ThingIcon...27-09-2010 @ 11:25 
Avatar
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31706 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
JC said:
Dont think so...tyre is normally one of the latter events
I think its muscle fatigue....both Terry & Mark did theirs when they'd done several comps in the space of a few months


would agree with this
RobboIcon...27-09-2010 @ 11:28 
Avatar
When I have enough cash, I get a deep tissue.
Member 465, 11029 posts
SQ 240, BP 175, DL 302.5
717.5 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Tearing Biceps is due to doing events that are very 'Bicep heavy' and its hard to avoid it unless perfect technique is nailed imo.

Lifting big tyres put biceps at risk full stop! So does Stones!

You can have the greatest, healthiest biceps in the world. They arnt designed to flip 500kg tyres and hump up 20kg stones
JCIcon...27-09-2010 @ 11:34 
Avatar
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Robbo said:Tearing Biceps is due to doing events that are very 'Bicep heavy' and its hard to avoid it unless perfect technique is nailed imo.

Lifting big tyres put biceps at risk full stop! So does Stones!

You can have the greatest, healthiest biceps in the world. They arnt designed to flip 500kg tyres and hump up 20kg stones


Dont know about that....a 20KG stone aint too heavy.....even for me Grin
spam_upIcon...27-09-2010 @ 11:50 
Avatar
Glorious spam
Member 1563, 3961 posts
SQ 180, BP 130, DL 260
570.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
i do a few heavy sets of curls now and again, thought it would help me if i compete in strongman events cos they actually get used a bit.
RobboIcon...27-09-2010 @ 12:03 
Avatar
When I have enough cash, I get a deep tissue.
Member 465, 11029 posts
SQ 240, BP 175, DL 302.5
717.5 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
JC said:
Dont know about that....a 20KG stone aint too heavy.....even for me Grin


LOL.

Yeah its not that heavy i guess! You would nail a solid tripple on it. Grin
JCIcon...27-09-2010 @ 12:08 
Avatar
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Robbo said:
LOL.
Yeah its not that heavy i guess! You would nail a solid tripple on it. Grin


At LEAST.........Grin
Martin_JonesIcon...27-09-2010 @ 12:26 
Member 566, 813 posts
SQ 280, BP 175, DL 340
795.0 kgs @ 125kgs UnEq
There is nothing wrong with improving your physique whilst improving your strength. Lets face it you all love a big biceps...

Simple E-Z bar curls and dumbell curls, heavy and high reps will do the trick. Just make sure when you have training them you don't do events or deads until a fews days later.
tlast2O12dudeIcon...27-09-2010 @ 12:32 
Avatar
Obvious Juicer
Member 1613, 1036 posts
SQ 185, BP 140, DL 220
545.0 kgs @ 66kgs UnEq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:This exercise is the daddy...

http://www.myfit.ca/exercisedatabase/images/kickbacks.gif[/quo...

Im doing bodyweights dips to failure each time i finish with the curls workout.

chrism66 said:
Actualy make that dumbell a 300 pounder and you guna have some big arms from doing one arm rows.


I know that 40kg is not much, but i'm using a weight that is proportional to my level of strength at this moment and also i'm taking into consideration that i will be curling everyday. My best curl is 90kg x 4 reps (cheat).




Beard_Of_Iron said:why are you interested in sarcoplasmic hypertrophy? as opposed to actual growth?

I think that making the biceps work everyday could lead to miofibrillar hypertrophy.
Onmy legs after the 31daysquat i feel more mass, hard tissue has growth. I want to know if i can make the same for the arms.
little_aIcon...27-09-2010 @ 12:56 
Avatar
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14377 posts
tlast2O12dude said:My best curl is 90kg x 4 reps (cheat).


When you say 'cheat' do you just mean lying about it on the internet?

With Bwt +20k curls you dont need to be asking about bicep work Pablo, you should be instructing mate Wink
Martin_JonesIcon...27-09-2010 @ 13:04 
Member 566, 813 posts
SQ 280, BP 175, DL 340
795.0 kgs @ 125kgs UnEq
little_a said:
When you say 'cheat' do you just mean lying about it on the internet?
With Bwt +20k curls you dont need to be asking about bicep work Pablo, you should be instructing mate Wink




Grin
DanIcon...27-09-2010 @ 13:41 
Avatar
Dan is old fashioned.
Member 27, 2028 posts
SQ 240, BP 170, DL 255
665.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
tlast2O12dude said:MUaahhaa hahahaha hahaa

it has begun



Dude, that's a typical shiny Gym type curl, just about the least strict curl I have ever seen, very little bicep involvement. It's all body swing and momentum, you can probably rep all afternoon like that.
If you are going to curl do them properly.
It's an isolation exercise, only your lower arm should be moving, nothing else, and I bet you won't be able to start with 40kg on the bar.
Forget the ego and forget what other people claim they can curl, drop the weight, do them strict or don't bother.
By the way, on the video your arms appear to be roughly in proportion with the rest of you, so I don't think you have a problem.

1234567

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions