REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 182 guests

Europe's strongest man

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

123456789

The_Lone_WolfIcon...06-09-2020 @ 20:52 
Avatar
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2996 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
He’s got a superb coach too.
NimbleIcon...07-09-2020 @ 02:54 
Avatar
woefully weak
Member 4748, 1506 posts
SQ 157, BP 133, DL 260
550.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Luke is incredibly strong and seems very humble and hard working, so very pleased for him.

But this shouldn't be called Europe's strongest man. It discredits earlier winners. Kiels for example would still win this comp fairly easily. Novikov would make a big impact on the placings by doing well in some events. Heinla might well have won the deadlift for reps... etc. etc.
SamthepigmanIcon...07-09-2020 @ 10:36 
Avatar
See You Next Tuesday
Member 2254, 3824 posts
SQ 240, BP 165, DL 300
705.0 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
Nimble said:Luke is incredibly strong and seems very humble and hard working, so very pleased for him.

But this shouldn't be called Europe's strongest man. It discredits earlier winners. Kiels for example would still win this comp fairly easily. Novikov would make a big impact on the placings by doing well in some events. Heinla might well have won the deadlift for reps... etc. etc.


I agree and disagree. It is what it is in the current circumstances, same for world's strongest man. You compete against who ever is in the comp, that's all you can do as an athlete
slimsimIcon...07-09-2020 @ 11:33 
My asshole is not watertight.
Member 2926, 6050 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 107.5, DL 225
550.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
The_Lone_Wolf said:He’s got a superb coach too.


No reason why Shane can't continue taking him to the top. In fact Shane OBVIOUSLY knows what he is doing and hopefully this will promote his services quite a lot to top level strength athletes.
NimbleIcon...07-09-2020 @ 11:48 
Avatar
woefully weak
Member 4748, 1506 posts
SQ 157, BP 133, DL 260
550.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Samthepigman said:
I agree and disagree. It is what it is in the current circumstances, same for world's strongest man. You compete against who ever is in the comp, that's all you can do as an athlete


Yes I don’t blame the athletes at all, nor would I say Luke shouldn’t call himself ESM.
drex50Icon...07-09-2020 @ 12:10 
Avatar
It's a moonface era now.
Member 5901, 956 posts
Nimble said:Luke is incredibly strong and seems very humble and hard working, so very pleased for him.

But this shouldn't be called Europe's strongest man. It discredits earlier winners. Kiels for example would still win this comp fairly easily. Novikov would make a big impact on the placings by doing well in some events. Heinla might well have won the deadlift for reps... etc. etc.


I agree. Honestly i dont rememeber a certain ESM show from the last few years.
What i find most interesting about this show is the 40kg difference in log from 1st to 2nd.
But that record is not going to fall soon, not in a full competition.
matthewvcIcon...07-09-2020 @ 12:54 
Avatar
‘downsizing’
Member 5704, 3219 posts
SQ 280, BP 210, DL 320
810.0 kgs @ 96.3kgs UnEq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Well done to Luke (and everyone else). I don't actually know much about him because I don't follow strongman to the same degree as I used to, but obviously an incredible talent Happy


I remember seeing him at some ynepf competition in my ‘favourite‘ town of Morley, Leeds as a very raw 18 year old - was a big unit then and could tell he had the genetics to go far.
AMH_PowerIcon...07-09-2020 @ 13:26 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1442 posts
SQ 310, BP 250, DL 320
880.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Awesome effort from Luke. He knew he would do well, he's always travelling/training with different strongmen who are regarded as some of the best at particular events... and they all pretty much end up saying the same thing; he is going to be the WSM.

Top guy too, just happy to be around people and is ultra humble. Well happy for him!
hixxy1985Icon...07-09-2020 @ 15:20 
Avatar
www.grahamhicks.co.uk
Member 994, 9594 posts
SQ 330, BP 250, DL 405
985.0 kgs @ 135kgs UnEq
drex50 said:
I agree. Honestly i dont rememeber a certain ESM show from the last few years.
What i find most interesting about this show is the 40kg difference in log from 1st to 2nd.
But that record is not going to fall soon, not in a full competition.


I disagree
hixxy1985Icon...07-09-2020 @ 15:20 
Avatar
www.grahamhicks.co.uk
Member 994, 9594 posts
SQ 330, BP 250, DL 405
985.0 kgs @ 135kgs UnEq
drex50 said:
I agree. Honestly i dont rememeber a certain ESM show from the last few years.
What i find most interesting about this show is the 40kg difference in log from 1st to 2nd.
But that record is not going to fall soon, not in a full competition.


I disagree
PeteHodgsonIcon...07-09-2020 @ 15:46 
Avatar
Has little understanding of the sugden
Member 677, 11338 posts
SQ 165, BP 125, DL 220
510.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
hixxy1985 said:
I disagree


Well done Hixxy. Awesome press in particular!
WILLSANIcon...07-09-2020 @ 16:33 
Avatar
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
hixxy1985 said:
I disagree


well done mate. great result considering your prep and that 220 looked pretty comfortable.

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/118779815_171838374440422_5498449273175004978_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=m3X-C7RyhUYAX-paHDI&_nc_oc=AQmXwC6s1iuuT7_MPPp1wOhW-r8uw32U7le9YE_PtM_Teo_Pgvf1j8bMquTP6P0DcKc&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=aa534b10567374dc095e1cc4c4215e4a&oe=5F7CED60

lukes quads are redonculous.
jtIcon...07-09-2020 @ 17:43 
Avatar
old age traveller
Member 332, 7865 posts
hixxy1985 said:
I disagree


Its a tough record for sure, I believe you can do it.

Why not 228.5kg is the what I want to know?
hixxy1985Icon...07-09-2020 @ 18:07 
Avatar
www.grahamhicks.co.uk
Member 994, 9594 posts
SQ 330, BP 250, DL 405
985.0 kgs @ 135kgs UnEq
jt said:
Its a tough record for sure, I believe you can do it.
Why not 228.5kg is the what I want to know?


Iv decided to do it in the gym. Then cement it in comp next year
jtIcon...07-09-2020 @ 18:10 
Avatar
old age traveller
Member 332, 7865 posts
hixxy1985 said:
Iv decided to do it in the gym. Then cement it in comp next year


Can you get it ratified as an official attempt like Stoltman the elders?

123456789

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions