REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 3 members and 183 guests

Europe's strongest man

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

123456789

MikenetoIconEurope's strongest man02-09-2020 @ 13:03 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1964 posts
Post Edited: 02.09.2020 @ 13:05 PM by Mikeneto
OK, it isn't very European, but still a good line-up. Lots of events and 2 day format. I can see it being an entertaining comp regardless.

So log lift could see a new WR. Hicks or L.Stoltman.

A few grip events thrown in for Felix by Bryce as per usual...but i like grip.

Youngsters coming through with Richardson and Novikov....i think both will have improved lots from the break.

Lalas returns

Bishop looking like he has gone to the next level.

I think there will be lots of surprises.

Shame Tom Stoltman isn't doing it...i assume it is to focus on a lift record he already has.
MikenetoIcon...02-09-2020 @ 13:04 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1964 posts
Big Loz has done a summary video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6cmltwU8uu8&t=2428s
PeteHodgsonIcon...02-09-2020 @ 20:42 
Avatar
Has little understanding of the sugden
Member 677, 11338 posts
SQ 165, BP 125, DL 220
510.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
Looks good.
Don't like Novikov cos of straps/deadlift incident at WSM
SamthepigmanIcon...02-09-2020 @ 21:15 
Avatar
See You Next Tuesday
Member 2254, 3824 posts
SQ 240, BP 165, DL 300
705.0 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
PeteHodgson said:Looks good.
Don't like Novikov cos of straps/deadlift incident at WSM


So many people doing it these days, bad times.

I do like novikov tho.

Bish.
Novikov.
Hicks.

Nobody will hit 230.

£5 each way.

My predictions have been made.
WILLSANIcon...02-09-2020 @ 21:38 
Avatar
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
so these are the athletes..

Luke Richardson
Oleksii Novikov
Terry Hollands
Graham Hicks
Vytautas Lalas
Aaron Page
Gavin Bilton
Luke Stoltman
Adam Bishop
Mark Felix
Pa O'Dwyer

events are?

max log
dl reps
herc hold
forward hold
stones
???

I love the idea of an 8 event comp but having herc hold and forward hold as two of them kinda negates any benefit of it in my eyes.
KevC86Icon...03-09-2020 @ 05:19 
Avatar
Member 5141, 4197 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 350
830.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
WILLSAN said:so these are the athletes..

Luke Richardson
Oleksii Novikov
Terry Hollands
Graham Hicks
Vytautas Lalas
Aaron Page
Gavin Bilton
Luke Stoltman
Adam Bishop
Mark Felix
Pa O'Dwyer

events are?

max log
dl reps
herc hold
forward hold
stones
???

I love the idea of an 8 event comp but having herc hold and forward hold as two of them kinda negates any benefit of it in my eyes.


Why? They're two totally different events. 1 is grip and the other is pain tolerance.
That's like saying yoke and frame negate any benefit because they are both vaguely similar.
WILLSANIcon...03-09-2020 @ 07:52 
Avatar
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
KevC86 said:
Why? They're two totally different events. 1 is grip and the other is pain tolerance.
That's like saying yoke and frame negate any benefit because they are both vaguely similar.


I mean entertainment wise - they are both pretty s**t to watch.
slimsimIcon...03-09-2020 @ 09:48 
My asshole is not watertight.
Member 2926, 6050 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 107.5, DL 225
550.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
WILLSAN said:
I mean entertainment wise - they are both pretty s**t to watch.


I'd agree. They both ultimately look like a bloke stood in a stationary position with an increasingly big gurn on their face. I appreciate that work on totally different aspects of strength but damn, surely a more "interesting" event could have replaced one* of those?



*front hold
MikenetoIcon...03-09-2020 @ 10:31 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1964 posts
Post Edited: 03.09.2020 @ 10:34 AM by Mikeneto
As much as Sugden posters seem to hate Hercules hold and Front hold, if you check the 'official strongman' YouTube page and order videos by popularity...they're actually the most popular events.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Officialstrongman/videos?view=0&sort=...

I can see why Bryce keeps pushing Felix..100 million views from the two videos is insane and a good money earner. He has probably made £100k+ just from those videos, why not just do another one and make another £50k+
WILLSANIcon...03-09-2020 @ 11:25 
Avatar
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
Mikeneto said:As much as Sugden posters seem to hate Hercules hold and Front hold, if you check the 'official strongman' YouTube page and order videos by popularity...they're actually the most popular events.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Officialstrongman/videos?view=0&sort=...

I can see why Bryce keeps pushing Felix..100 million views from the two videos is insane and a good money earner. He has probably made £100k+ just from those videos, why not just do another one and make another £50k+


mcdonalds is pretty popular too. doesnt mean its not s**tty food.

I tend to think that just following the money is profitable in the short term but it has the potential to come back and bite you in the end.

my beef really is that when I heard the 8 events, 2 days, no crowd (presumably?) I saw the potential to do some badass fortissimuss style events. then I heard it was front hold and herc hold..
MikenetoIcon...03-09-2020 @ 12:53 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1964 posts
PeteHodgson said:Looks good.
Don't like Novikov cos of straps/deadlift incident at WSM


Basically anyone that uses figure of 8 straps does similar.
cowieIcon...03-09-2020 @ 14:23 
Avatar
Member 3740, 1578 posts
L Stoltman pulled out due to injury
WILLSANIcon...03-09-2020 @ 14:32 
Avatar
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
I said:
events are?

max log
dl reps
herc hold
forward hold
stones
???


nickel[sp?] stones
keg toss

one more?
WILLSANIcon...03-09-2020 @ 15:36 
Avatar
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
Gavin Bilton (GBR)

Adam Bishop (GBR)

Mark Felix (GBR)

Graham Hicks (GBR)

Terry Hollands (GBR)

Vytautas Lalas (LTU)

Oleksii Novikov (UKR)

Pa O’Dwyer (IRL)

Aaron Page (GBR)

Luke Richardson (GBR)

Day 1 events: Max Log Lift, Hercules Hold, Front Hold, Loading Race

Day 2 events: Deadlift, Nicol Stones, Keg Toss, Atlas Stones


Prediction:

Bish
Hixxy
Novikov
The_Lone_WolfIcon...03-09-2020 @ 16:00 
Avatar
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2996 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
Will it be available to watch on only fans?

123456789

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions