English Qualifier for the Giants Live british Championships

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... 141516 ... 2324252627282930313233

brownbearIcon...11-01-2013 @ 21:38 
Morrisons - rump - 7£
Member 2206, 11578 posts
SQ 228, BP 150, DL 260
638.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
AKBC said:Because it'll sell out anyway. I'm not ignoring it at all. What any man dioes with his own money is his business.

fair enough
VoodooIcon...11-01-2013 @ 22:27 
Member 3875, 30 posts
A couple of points I'd like to raise on the cost of a ticket
-when you set out in any business venture unforeseen costs will arise.
-surely £12 is value for money at a comp such as this.
-knowing Rich Scott the very slightest suggestion that anything to do with ripping people off is frankly offensive!
-Pro strength will be shut to its regular commercial business for at least 1 day maybe more depending on what kit gets moved
-who in there right mind in any business should put there profit margins on a public forum to discuss?
-Finally people talk about it not being right that people make money out of the sport the ONLY thing that grows or develops any sport is money and Profit.
neilakaconanIcon...11-01-2013 @ 22:28 
Member 2933, 511 posts
SQ 200, BP 152.5, DL 232.5
585.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
12pound for the day is fine. Costs 20pound for a lap dance and that only last a few minutes. Bargain!
terryhollandsIcon...11-01-2013 @ 23:04 
9x WSM finalist!
Member 662, 3372 posts
Promoting shows can be hard work so if ou can make a few quid good luck to you. Only time it gets my back up is when there's no prize money but the organiser is making money, that's not fair.
VanillaGorillaIcon...11-01-2013 @ 23:38 
the UK's leading expert in bio mechanics
Member 1973, 7379 posts
terryhollands said:Promoting shows can be hard work so if ou can make a few quid good luck to you. Only time it gets my back up is when there's no prize money but the organiser is making money, that's not fair.

This is my point. Merely a question asking what the prize money is, if the prize money as being covered by spectators fees or sponsrs, and as its sponsors what is the entrance money for.

If people actually read posts rather than having s**t fits and trying to make something out of nothing maybe this would have been clear.
VanillaGorillaIcon...11-01-2013 @ 23:42 
Member 1973, 7379 posts
Voodoo said:A couple of points I'd like to raise on the cost of a ticket

I DONT KNOW IF TGIS IS DIRECTED AT ME BUT IF IT IS:

-when you set out in any business venture unforeseen costs will arise. YEP
-surely £12 is value for money at a comp such as this. ITS WORTH WHAT PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY, SOME ARE, SOME ARENT
-knowing Rich Scott the very slightest suggestion that anything to do with ripping people off is frankly offensive! I NEVER SUGGESTED THAT, ALTHOUGH I DONT KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE DID
-Pro strength will be shut to its regular commercial business for at least 1 day maybe more depending on what kit gets moved I UNDERSTAND THAT WHICH IS WHY I COMPARED IT TO THE SEMINAR LAST YEAR AND POINTED OUT THE ADDITIONAL COST OF LOZ TERY AND ROBS FEES ARENT NEEDED THIS TIME
-who in there right mind in any business should put there profit margins on a public forum to discuss? I DIDNT ASK FOR PROFIT MARGINS. SEE MY POST ABOVE FOR WHAT I ASKED FOR
-Finally people talk about it not being right that people make money out of the sport the ONLY thing that grows or develops any sport is money and Profit. ITD BE GREAT IF PEOPLE MAKE MONEY FOR THIS, BUT ONLY IF ALL APPROPRIATE PEOPLE DO
AKBCIcon...12-01-2013 @ 06:49 
Kettlebells RULE !!!
Member 3699, 407 posts
I don't get how you feel you have some sort of ownership of this or right to know? A strongman show isn't some sort of self-proclaimed 'fairtrade' event that has to justify to anyone how it operates. Frankly I find it distasteful to ask. I don't ask the pub landlord how well he is paying his staff when I buy a pint. I assume they're not being forced to be there and get on and have my drink. It's the same here, if the athletes don't want to compete they don't have to, if fans don't want to pay to attend the don't have to and the promoter, in my opinion, has to justify diddly s**t to anyone about how and why he runs his comp.

Looks like a great line up and I'm looking forward to paying a paltry £12 to watch, if I can get organised before it sells out.
VanillaGorillaIcon...12-01-2013 @ 10:37 
Member 1973, 7379 posts
Someone doesn't 'get' something on the internet? I suppose it was inevitable really, just astonishing it's taken so long. Tim Berners-Lee is probably amazed it's finally happened.
hixxy1985Icon...12-01-2013 @ 10:40 
www.grahamhicks.co.uk
Member 994, 9594 posts
SQ 330, BP 250, DL 405
985.0 kgs @ 135kgs UnEq
so, whos coming to watch ?
VanillaGorillaIcon...12-01-2013 @ 10:42 
Member 1973, 7379 posts
hixxy1985 said:so, whos coming to watch ?

How much is it?
hixxy1985Icon...12-01-2013 @ 10:45 
www.grahamhicks.co.uk
Member 994, 9594 posts
SQ 330, BP 250, DL 405
985.0 kgs @ 135kgs UnEq
VanillaGorilla said:
How much is it?

cheaper than those gay bodybuilding shows im told
BigTIcon...12-01-2013 @ 11:46 
Red Bull is banned in netball
Member 799, 1484 posts
Post Edited: 12.01.2013 @ 11:47 AM by BigT
The qualifier last year cost to come and watch at Junctions. I dont remember such a steady stream of b**ching and moaning about that.

This thread has deteriorated into the kind of rancid bickering that is making Sugdens look crap and putting people off logging on.

Yes the system isnt perfect, but there are still ways to get into the comp. It is what it is, which is a damn sight better and more exciting for the sport than previous years.

Alot of the b**ching and moaning seems to be from folk that either dont compete or wont compete at that level. There are genuine issues, but there are still 2 comps that can lead into this comp for the English athletes!

Complaints and issues can be usefull, but now its just turned into nothing better than name calling and slagging; what are you feckers? Strength athletes or politicians acting like to**ers, getting nothing done instead of working together to make things better??!!
mr4130Icon...12-01-2013 @ 12:11 
Member 3366, 247 posts
SQ 200, BP 150, DL 230
580.0 kgs @ 92kgs UnEq
BigT said:
Complaints and issues can be usefull, but now its just turned into nothing better than name calling and slagging; what are you feckers? Strength athletes or politicians acting like to**ers, getting nothing done instead of working together to make things better??!!

I think the root of it is personal issues that have f**k all to do with the comp or the lineup, its more to do with certain people disliking others. And to be able to have a pop at the people they dont like, they are questioning whatever they can about something that person is involved in.
Its petty as f**k and makes some people look very very f**king childish.

Its a f**king great line up, it will be a great comp, its personal preference whether its value for money (but hey, its always great to get a dig in before we find out the facts isnt it).

People love to put up this united front of strongman, how its a great sport where we all encourage each other. But this thread just shows some people just cant keep their personal gripes under control.

I bet if different people had been involved in organising it, certain queries would never have come up.

Its about time some people got the sand out of their vaginas and stopped whinging.
AKBCIcon...12-01-2013 @ 17:26 
Kettlebells RULE !!!
Member 3699, 407 posts
VanillaGorilla said:Someone doesn't 'get' something on the internet? I suppose it was inevitable really, just astonishing it's taken so long. Tim Berners-Lee is probably amazed it's finally happened.

I've spent some time thinking about it VG and think I now do get it. From what you're saying, as everyone on Sugden trains and you are a trainer that charges trainees for your services, next time you have a client you'll be on here asking us all what we think is fair for you to charge them AND explaining to us what you'll spend the money on?

I think that's unlikely but that's EXACTLY what you're asking the promoter to do. Let's not fall out and leave it be.

I can't wait, hope everything comes together and I'll be there. Might pay £15 and let them keep the change to show my appreciation...
fongIcon...12-01-2013 @ 17:39 
really really interesting
Member 3474, 2816 posts
SQ 170, BP 120, DL 260
550.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
if someone is driving from or through nottingham can i pinch a lift? would love to watch this, but can't justify 4.5 hours public transport each way lol. will pay petrol money Happy.

12345678910 ... 141516 ... 2324252627282930313233

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions