REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 78 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.

Britain's strongest man 2016

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

1234567891011

fongIcon...30-01-2016 @ 21:54 
Avatar
really really interesting
Member 3474, 2826 posts
SQ 170, BP 120, DL 260
550.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
is there a way to watch this? i missed it.

ideally just a rerun of the live stream would be nice.
NimbleIcon...31-01-2016 @ 00:33 
Avatar
woefully weak
Member 4748, 1344 posts
SQ 157, BP 133, DL 260
550.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Comp was way too light I think. Makes the results a lot more random.

Great to see Loz back on form. Felix and Bishop continue to impress.

Also, when is front hold going to die?
SparrowIcon...31-01-2016 @ 09:04 
Avatar
always lookIng for the extra UT2 work.
Member 9, 18268 posts
SQ 210, BP 167.5, DL 260
637.5 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
Great result for Felix and Bish!

Good to see Terry and Darten back.

Congrats to Eddie on a good win.
drex50Icon...31-01-2016 @ 10:49 
Avatar
It's a moonface era now.
Member 5901, 956 posts
not serious competition for me
PeteHodgsonIcon...31-01-2016 @ 10:50 
Avatar
Has little understanding of the sugden
Member 677, 11197 posts
SQ 165, BP 125, DL 220
510.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
Sparrow said:Great result for Felix and Bish!

Good to see Terry and Darten back.

Congrats to Eddie on a good win.

That's pretty much exactly what I would say if I could be arsed posting a reply. :-)
AdamTIcon...31-01-2016 @ 11:38 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5132 posts
drex50 said:not serious competition for me


The events weren't great. Should of done bar deadlift for reps and had a max axle, or log.

I guess one good thing, the guys will be fresh to focus on Wsm
SteBennettIcon...31-01-2016 @ 12:06 
Average hamstring at best
Member 4663, 588 posts
No serious injuries apart from gonzalez which is a bonus at least.

Pity not to see a max at some point but I still thought it was a good day.

Extremely impressed with bish. I think him beating Felix on deadlift didn't get enough of a mention because that was an amazing achievement. How far do you think he can progress now?
MJGIcon...31-01-2016 @ 12:22 
Avatar
Member 5560, 769 posts
SteBennett said:No serious injuries apart from gonzalez which is a bonus at least.

Pity not to see a max at some point but I still thought it was a good day.

Extremely impressed with bish. I think him beating Felix on deadlift didn't get enough of a mention because that was an amazing achievement. How far do you think he can progress now?


He actually did a lot better than the final standings show. Take out his poor performance on the forward hold and he would have beaten both Felix and Loz and finished 2nd.

Just one event let him down and its not an event that will be seen at the Worlds. I watched him on the live stream yesterday and I think with a decent heat he will be a contender for the final.
SteBennettIcon...31-01-2016 @ 13:07 
Average hamstring at best
Member 4663, 588 posts
MJG said:
He actually did a lot better than the final standings show. Take out his poor performance on the forward hold and he would have beaten both Felix and Loz and finished 2nd.
Just one event let him down and its not an event that will be seen at the Worlds. I watched him on the live stream yesterday and I think with a decent heat he will be a contender for the final.


Yea I was there, was surprised tbh because I thought he'd do ok at forward hold.
He did better than I expected at car walk too.
The_Lone_WolfIcon...01-02-2016 @ 10:09 
Avatar
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2895 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
Congrats to Ed.

Will be interesting to see how the WSM plays out now... All the guys have some time to prep.

As for Felix, did he find the holy grail and the fountain of youth? What a machine!
brocerslrdIcon...01-02-2016 @ 20:39 
Avatar
Conan likes to listen to music
Member 1155, 3461 posts
SQ 150, BP 110, DL 210
470.0 kgs @ 88.8kgs UnEq
The_Lone_Wolf said:Congrats to Ed.

Will be interesting to see how the WSM plays out now... All the guys have some time to prep.

As for Felix, did he find the holy grail and the fountain of youth? What a machine!



His full name is Mark Benjamin Button Felix
RobboIcon...01-02-2016 @ 22:56 
Avatar
When I have enough cash, I get a deep tissue.
Member 465, 10909 posts
SQ 240, BP 175, DL 302.5
717.5 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Well done Bish!!!!
fongIcon...01-02-2016 @ 22:57 
Avatar
really really interesting
Member 3474, 2826 posts
SQ 170, BP 120, DL 260
550.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Nice work bish, incredible performance. That stone run looked epic.
The_Lone_WolfIcon...02-02-2016 @ 10:10 
Avatar
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2895 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
AdamT said:
The events weren't great. Should of done bar deadlift for reps and had a max axle, or log.
I guess one good thing, the guys will be fresh to focus on Wsm


I guess they want to change the events every year to try and keep it fresh for the viewers. Most contests use the same events every time, so the giants team try to keep it fresh.

Granted forward hold isn't exactly an exciting event, but it does test the athletes and if you want to win these comps you need to be able to perform in all the events.

This is strongman not powerlifting. You have to be strong and able in all areas, not just the big 3.
AdamTIcon...02-02-2016 @ 10:21 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5132 posts
The_Lone_Wolf said:
I guess they want to change the events every year to try and keep it fresh for the viewers. Most contests use the same events every time, so the giants team try to keep it fresh.
Granted forward hold isn't exactly an exciting event, but it does test the athletes and if you want to win these comps you need to be able to perform in all the events.
This is strongman not powerlifting. You have to be strong and able in all areas, not just the big 3.


I do agree, but they could of had at least one max event. Do squats for a change, (to decent depth) or dare I say bench. People might think bench is boring, but to the casual lifter, or the man on the street, It is the only lift they care about.

1234567891011

© Sugden Barbell 2021 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto