REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 84 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.

Best place to buy cast iron plates in the uk?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

SFW247IconBest place to buy cast iron plates in the uk?22-06-2015 @ 16:29 
Member 3719, 150 posts
SQ 270, BP 175, DL 280
725.0 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
Best place to buy cast iron plates in the uk?

good quality and best price per kg?

any recommendations?

thanks guys.
rob0210Icon...22-06-2015 @ 17:52 
Member 1723, 821 posts
SQ 280, BP 200, DL 330
810.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/fitness-equipment/crossfit...

The bodypower cast iron plates are the best that I'm aware of. Used them at plenty of gyms over the years and they've all held up pretty well
Alex76Icon...22-06-2015 @ 18:50 
Member 4975, 58 posts
Post Edited: 22.06.2015 @ 18:50 PM by Alex76
rob0210 said:http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/fitness-equipment/crossfit...

The bodypower cast iron plates are the best that I'm aware of. Used them at plenty of gyms over the years and they've all held up pretty well


They're not standard size though. The 15s and 20s are much smaller than standard, the 25s aren't far off but still not standard size.

I think the Strength Shop ones are probably the cheapest standard size cast iron plates around, but their postage is quite expensive.

Sweatband do York cast iron plates which are slightly more expensive, but they have free delivery so would probably work out cheaper.
lukiIcon...22-06-2015 @ 19:37 
Avatar
Avatar
Member 5517, 1424 posts
SQ 160, BP 165, DL 201
526.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
I got these. The local powerlifting club uses and they were cheap:
http://www.bmacstrength.co.uk/weights/
Paint/finish not as good as ss but I weighed them and they were spot on.
He will haggle if you message on Facebook and are buying bulk.
bigbadbishIcon...22-06-2015 @ 19:39 
Avatar
A World class farmer
Member 576, 3429 posts
SQ 350, BP 200, DL 400
950.0 kgs @ 136kgs UnEq
fitness superstore are the best by far.

So what if they are very slightly smaller in diameter, a slight deficit deadlift never hurt anyone in training.

Also my 50kg plates weighed in at 50.00kg on the scales Cool
aaron_lohanIcon...24-06-2015 @ 11:56 
Avatar
Hasn't always been a bench press specialist
Member 44, 1907 posts
SQ 252.5, BP 220, DL 210
682.5 kgs @ 83kgs Eq
SFW247 said:Best place to buy cast iron plates in the uk?

good quality and best price per kg?

any recommendations?

thanks guys.


I am selling some if you want second hand, 1 per kilo.
unit94Icon...24-06-2015 @ 12:25 
Avatar
what is everyone's fran time?
Member 3986, 10001 posts
SQ 340, BP 200, DL 380
920.0 kgs @ 131kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 24.06.2015 @ 12:26 PM by unit94
Alex76 said:
They're not standard size though. The 15s and 20s are much smaller than standard, the 25s aren't far off but still not standard size.
I think the Strength Shop ones are probably the cheapest standard size cast iron plates around, but their postage is quite expensive.
Sweatband do York cast iron plates which are slightly more expensive, but they have free delivery so would probably work out cheaper.


Bodypower 20kg plates are 17.5 inch diameter, that's right isn't it?

Edit: 17 inch diameter, is that a quarter inch deficit then?
Alex76Icon...24-06-2015 @ 20:55 
Member 4975, 58 posts
unit94 said:
Bodypower 20kg plates are 17.5 inch diameter, that's right isn't it?
Edit: 17 inch diameter, is that a quarter inch deficit then?


Nope, the 25s are 17 inch, the 20s are are about 15 inches as you can see here:

http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cach...

Might not be an issue for some, but my OCD likes all the big plates to be the same size.
bigbadbishIcon...24-06-2015 @ 21:06 
Avatar
A World class farmer
Member 576, 3429 posts
SQ 350, BP 200, DL 400
950.0 kgs @ 136kgs UnEq
Alex76 said:
Nope, the 25s are 17 inch, the 20s are are about 15 inches as you can see here:
http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cach...
Might not be an issue for some, but my OCD likes all the big plates to be the same size.


Easy solution. Only lift in 50kg increments
© Sugden Barbell 2021 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto