REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 109 guests

An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds

Users viewing topic: & 2 Guests

12345678910 ... 123312341235 ... 15161517151815191520152115221523152415251526

RickIcon...16-05-2021 @ 22:02 
Avatar
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10031 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
If you're using a metal (conductive) tray, I tend to find the larger effective surface tends to actually cook the bottom faster than the top, fan or no fan. Think about your roast potatoes: the best, sticky, crispy, almost burned bits are the bottoms, not the tops. In the case of fish fingers, fast-cooking, and a tray put in cold, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were in the sweet spot for these effects to cancel out.
FatpeteIcon...16-05-2021 @ 22:15 
Avatar
Hyper obese Pete
Member 70, 17745 posts
SQ 322.5, BP 205, DL 300
827.5 kgs @ 133kgs Eq
BigMacca said:
The plot thickens.
Looking at the manual, I don't think you have the option of using the bottom oven without the fan on.
When you turn the oven on, can you hear the fan whirring?


I am all for a thick plot.

I also am of the opinion that it cannot be used with the fan. I can certainly hear something, whether or not it is the fan whirring I could not say. It could very well be exactly that, the noise continues for ten or so minutes after the oven is switched off if that helps

I have to say that I admire your dedication to the cause and thank you for it.
FatpeteIcon...16-05-2021 @ 22:15 
Avatar
Hyper obese Pete
Member 70, 17745 posts
SQ 322.5, BP 205, DL 300
827.5 kgs @ 133kgs Eq
Rick said:If you're using a metal (conductive) tray, I tend to find the larger effective surface tends to actually cook the bottom faster than the top, fan or no fan. Think about your roast potatoes: the best, sticky, crispy, almost burned bits are the bottoms, not the tops. In the case of fish fingers, fast-cooking, and a tray put in cold, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were in the sweet spot for these effects to cancel out.


That sounds very reasonable to me.
BigMaccaIcon...16-05-2021 @ 22:31 
Avatar
understanding of the sport, little he has.
Member 798, 9940 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
Fatpete said:
I am all for a thick plot.
I also am of the opinion that it cannot be used with the fan. I can certainly hear something, whether or not it is the fan whirring I could not say. It could very well be exactly that, the noise continues for ten or so minutes after the oven is switched off if that helps
I have to say that I admire your dedication to the cause and thank you for it.

That noise is most certainly the fan
FatpeteIcon...17-05-2021 @ 20:08 
Avatar
Hyper obese Pete
Member 70, 17745 posts
SQ 322.5, BP 205, DL 300
827.5 kgs @ 133kgs Eq
Monday, 17th May, start 16:00

Squat, sleeves and belts, no belt
20 x 5
20 x 5
20 x 5
20 x 5
20 x 5
20 x 5
60 x 5
80 x 5
90 x 5
100 x 5
110 x 5
120 x 5
130 x 5
140 x 5
150 x 5
Once again snook another five kilos on the previous week and it didn't seem that much harder if at all.
I skipped the 70 kilo set and meant to omit the 90 as well but at the last moment decided against it. Not sure why but suddenly didn't fancy another twenty kilo jump. Assuminhg I remember I may go 60 / 80 / 95 / 110 and then ten kilo jumps next week.

Happy
WiganIcon...18-05-2021 @ 14:25 
Avatar
a cynical old scrote
Member 68, 6814 posts
SQ 255, BP 132.5, DL 250
637.5 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
How are you pronouncing "snook"? Asking for a friend..
little_aIcon...18-05-2021 @ 14:42 
Avatar
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14374 posts
Wigan said:Asking for a friend..


I see this posted a lot nowadays. Does it mean that you are asking for yourself, but are in some way ashamed of admitting this, or do you genuinely have a friend on who's behalf you are making said enquiry who themselves are ashamed of admitting this?
Asking for a friend...
Brad_PittIcon...18-05-2021 @ 14:43 
Avatar
Celeb council gutter cleaner
Member 666, 65 posts
little_a said:
Asking for a friend...


Thanks man.
little_aIcon...18-05-2021 @ 14:44 
Avatar
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14374 posts
Brad_Pitt said:
Thanks man.


Welcome Brad
FatpeteIcon...18-05-2021 @ 15:43 
Avatar
Hyper obese Pete
Member 70, 17745 posts
SQ 322.5, BP 205, DL 300
827.5 kgs @ 133kgs Eq
Wigan said:How are you pronouncing "snook"? Asking for a friend..


As in the game of snooker but without the "er" at the end
BigMaccaIcon...18-05-2021 @ 16:09 
Avatar
understanding of the sport, little he has.
Member 798, 9940 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
Fatpete said:
As in the game of snooker but without the "er" at the end

Should this not be snuck?

I'm not sure I've ever heard snook being used like that before...
FatpeteIcon...18-05-2021 @ 18:42 
Avatar
Hyper obese Pete
Member 70, 17745 posts
SQ 322.5, BP 205, DL 300
827.5 kgs @ 133kgs Eq
BigMacca said:
Should this not be snuck?
I'm not sure I've ever heard snook being used like that before...


And you may never hear it again. This is exactly where Handsome Jeff was going with this.

Words like cook, book and look I pronounce as written. Everyone else pronounces them cuck, buck and luck, or as I call it - wrongly.

How the hell ..ook is pronounced uck I will never know. But as my old schoolteachers used to say, I am useless, dim-witted, moronic, idiotic, worthless and always wrong. Sadly the clientele of Adders agree with them.

Ah well, such is life. The Adders chaps are merely taking the piss, they don't actually hate me like my teachers did.
BigMaccaIcon...18-05-2021 @ 21:15 
Avatar
understanding of the sport, little he has.
Member 798, 9940 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
Fatpete said:
And you may never hear it again. This is exactly where Handsome Jeff was going with this.
Words like cook, book and look I pronounce as written. Everyone else pronounces them cuck, buck and luck, or as I call it - wrongly.
How the hell ..ook is pronounced uck I will never know. But as my old schoolteachers used to say, I am useless, dim-witted, moronic, idiotic, worthless and always wrong. Sadly the clientele of Adders agree with them.
Ah well, such is life. The Adders chaps are merely taking the piss, they don't actually hate me like my teachers did.

I'm more than familiar with your backwards way of pronouncing words incorrectly, Mrs Macca grew up but a stone's throw from you and still insists that the big red things that take you sightseeing in London are called 'buzzes'!

But Snook is still a new one on me.
WiganIcon...18-05-2021 @ 21:18 
Avatar
a cynical old scrote
Member 68, 6814 posts
SQ 255, BP 132.5, DL 250
637.5 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
little_a said:
I see this posted a lot nowadays. Does it mean that you are asking for yourself, but are in some way ashamed of admitting this, or do you genuinely have a friend on who's behalf you are making said enquiry who themselves are ashamed of admitting this?
Asking for a friend...


Asking for an actual friend who doesn't go on Sugden, Pete will know who it is and the reason for the question
WiganIcon...18-05-2021 @ 21:21 
Avatar
a cynical old scrote
Member 68, 6814 posts
SQ 255, BP 132.5, DL 250
637.5 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Fatpete said:
As in the game of snooker but without the "er" at the end


That actually surprises me, I thought we had perhaps stumbled across the exception to your rule. I may well ask you to say the word out loud next time we meet just to hear how it sounds Happy

12345678910 ... 123312341235 ... 15161517151815191520152115221523152415251526

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions