Who's Online - 1 member and 138 guests

90kg X 3 overhead

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Funky_monkeyIcon...09-01-2013 @ 14:22 
403 forbidden message
Member 160, 5120 posts
SQ 190, BP 137.5, DL 225
552.5 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
Nice bit of Salsoul Nugget in the background. Do you find that you're limited to what you can lift due to the length of your arms? I'm not particularly tall but with long arms I struggle with overhead.
stephen9069Icon...09-01-2013 @ 14:30 
Frequents the HOUSE of GAIN.
Member 3836, 4233 posts
SQ 225, BP 200, DL 300
725.0 kgs @ 119kgs UnEq
Funky_monkey said:Nice bit of Salsoul Nugget in the background. Do you find that you're limited to what you can lift due to the length of your arms? I'm not particularly tall but with long arms I struggle with overhead.

Yeah can be a pain as i enjoy overhead it seems to be the one lift that takes a lot longer to improve for me so iv started training it twice a week now.
hifiloverIcon...09-01-2013 @ 14:45 
Member 3241, 2043 posts
SQ 1, BP 192, DL 255
448.0 kgs @ 136kgs UnEq
TBH twice a week, IMO, for shoulders is too much. Only a small muscle group and they'll get hammered when you train chest as well dont forget!

Mix your exercises about; for instance one week i'll do standing strict presses from racks; standing dumbbell push presses, lateral raises and heavy upright rows/high pulls etc... Week 2 I'll do: push presses from racks, seated dumbbell presses, front raises and plate raises (head to overhead, no lower) etc...

I found that doing other stuff like clean & seated presses work VERY well indeed (clean the bar from the floor to shoulder height; sit back down on a bench with NO back support and aim to do 5 x 5's). Other presses that have helped are Big Z presses in the racks (sit down on the floor in a rack/power cube; set pins to shoulder/chin height and then press the bar from there). It's a dead press but great for really grinding out the reps Grin
stephen9069Icon...09-01-2013 @ 14:58 
Frequents the HOUSE of GAIN.
Member 3836, 4233 posts
SQ 225, BP 200, DL 300
725.0 kgs @ 119kgs UnEq
hifilover said:TBH twice a week, IMO, for shoulders is too much. Only a small muscle group and they'll get hammered when you train chest as well dont forget!

Mix your exercises about; for instance one week i'll do standing strict presses from racks; standing dumbbell push presses, lateral raises and heavy upright rows/high pulls etc... Week 2 I'll do: push presses from racks, seated dumbbell presses, front raises and plate raises (head to overhead, no lower) etc...

I found that doing other stuff like clean & seated presses work VERY well indeed (clean the bar from the floor to shoulder height; sit back down on a bench with NO back support and aim to do 5 x 5's). Other presses that have helped are Big Z presses in the racks (sit down on the floor in a rack/power cube; set pins to shoulder/chin height and then press the bar from there). It's a dead press but great for really grinding out the reps Grin

Cheers mate, never attempted the Big Z press so this will be a good time to add it to my routine while im still getting it together. Will drop it back down to 1 session a week aswell.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions