REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 141 guests

2010 Northern U105s Championship

Users viewing topic: & 2 Guests

12345678910 ... ... 6465666768697071727374

WILLSANIcon...11-04-2010 @ 22:00 
Avatar
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
was a pleasure to be involved with the comp. ben has set the bar to new heights when it comes to putting on a quality show. well done mate!!

massive congrats to mark. beasted the events he was supposed to beast and beasted the ones he wasnt! no more one trick pony talk now!

MarkClegg said:
WILLSAN said:we tested the scores spreadsheet by putting random numbers in yesterday. cleggy won, 13.5 points ahead of 2nd place! is it an omen? Eek Grin


And is this Spreadsheet powered off a Computer or a Crackpipe ?
Tongue


have faith in the crackpipe! clegg wins, 12 points clear of 2nd place! Eek

will get the full results off my dad tomorrow (morning hopefully).
MrSmallIcon...11-04-2010 @ 22:14 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
WILLSAN said:was a pleasure to be involved with the comp. ben has set the bar to new heights when it comes to putting on a quality show. well done mate!!
massive congrats to mark. beasted the events he was supposed to beast and beasted the ones he wasnt! no more one trick pony talk now!
have faith in the crackpipe! clegg wins, 12 points clear of 2nd place! Eek
will get the full results off my dad tomorrow (morning hopefully).


Stop getting your dad to sort the scores out and send you them to upload, get back to work Grin

How would Joni do with 5-10 points more (from arm over arm silliness)
ThingIcon...11-04-2010 @ 22:23 
Avatar
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31706 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
From what I have read so far this was a brutil comp and the guys who qualified deserved too, so well done and well done to all who competed,
LukeCIcon...12-04-2010 @ 01:01 
Avatar
The one in the guns and roses teeshirt.
Member 171, 2462 posts
SQ 272.5, BP 140, DL 245
657.5 kgs @ 80.2kgs Eq
Cant wait to see some more vids. Sounded like a solid comp!
SteBakerIcon...12-04-2010 @ 04:01 
Avatar
THE original and THE best ...
Member 297, 2523 posts
SQ 210, BP 155, DL 272.5
637.5 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 12.04.2010 @ 04:02 AM by SteBaker
Big congrats to Ben for his excellent u105's qualifier, always raising the bar for the running of his strongman comps!Wink

All credit to Will and his Dad for the scoring, best system ive ever seen, and is definately the future in the sport! And Mr boar for his sweet BoarVision!

A big thanks to the Salt Ayre team and loaders (olly,nige and smalls), and the guys who kindly lent there gear out: Cleggmoor,JT, Big T,Hixxy and Chris!

Outstanding performances by Joe Hubble, Kenny, Sam, Joni, Danny, John M, Trav and Hixxy.

And the dominant regulars Millsy ,Robbo ,Phil B , JC, Stuart H!

Lastly a huge well done, to the man who not only puts a massive amount back into the sport, but also runs a first rate strongman gym:

U105 NW CHAMP MARK CLEGG



P.S. my bodys a wreck after all that today! Hope you guys feel the same!Grin
jamieaIcon...12-04-2010 @ 06:18 
Avatar
has perfected the anvil roll
Member 353, 3292 posts
SQ 230, BP 160, DL 275
665.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 12.04.2010 @ 07:53 AM by jamiea
Well done to ben and his team for a really good competition and day, also a big well done to everyone who qualified and pb`d.

Im absolutley f**ked this morning and trying to psyche myself up to go to work everywhere hurts Happy It was definatley the hardest thing ive ever done.

Little uns highlight of the day was tony having a real cowboy hat.
MarkPaceIcon...12-04-2010 @ 08:23 
Member 575, 20 posts
SQ 180, BP 160, DL 220
560.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
Well done to all who competed, the comp looked very well ran and a fun day out!
MarkCleggIcon...12-04-2010 @ 10:13 
Avatar
knock knock !! who's there ?? OLD SCHOOL SUGDEN
Member 212, 11439 posts
SQ 325, BP 212.5, DL 370
907.5 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Ben - If Carling ran u105kg Strongman comps they`d look like That !

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME JOB MATE !

You`ve worked your bollox off and it shown in the presentation and organisation of this comp.

Great Job also by all the Helpers Runners and Refs .

Big congratulations to all the boys who competed and esp the boys who qualifyed for the final, What a team of sexy Northerners we`ll be taking to Reading Happy

On a personal level i`m extremely happy that all the work i`ve busted my bollox doing in the gym in the last 12 months has paid off and i very proud to say i`m Northern Champ !
PeteHodgsonIcon...12-04-2010 @ 10:21 
Avatar
Has little understanding of the sugden
Member 677, 11338 posts
SQ 165, BP 125, DL 220
510.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
Well done to all competitors and helpers. Sounds like you put on an awesome comp Ben! Well done Mark.
little_aIcon...12-04-2010 @ 11:11 
Avatar
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14377 posts
MarkClegg said:On a personal level i`m extremely happy that all the work i`ve busted my bollox doing in the gym in the last 12 months has paid off and i very proud to say i`m Northern Champ !


Glad that you got the goods personaly, but as I've said before plenty of times, you're a visionary Mark. You were in the Olympic world previosly and you are in the SM arena now. I'm made up for you that you've found a group of people who appreciate you for what you do and for the effort that you put in. All praise that you and your crue get is justified. Just make sure they dont forget who's bossWink
RobIcon...12-04-2010 @ 11:15 
Avatar
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7173 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
Sounds like a top comp with a lot of great performances!

Well done Marko and Millsy getting on the podium, great achievement in such a strong field!!
MarkCleggIcon...12-04-2010 @ 11:15 
Avatar
knock knock !! who's there ?? OLD SCHOOL SUGDEN
Member 212, 11439 posts
SQ 325, BP 212.5, DL 370
907.5 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
little_a said:
Glad that you got the goods personaly, but as I've said before plenty of times, you're a visionary Mark. You were in the Olympic world previosly and you are in the SM arena now. I'm made up for you that you've found a group of people who appreciate you for what you do and for the effort that you put in. All praise that you and your crue get is justified. Just make sure they dont forget who's bossWink


Cheers Andy mate ! Happy
JCIcon...12-04-2010 @ 14:38 
Avatar
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Superbly run comp once again, so a huge thanks to Ben, Tony, JT and crew

Chuffed to bits for my training buddys Robbo & Millsy, all the hard work they have put it last few weeks paid dividends, both were extremley consistent

Huge congrats to Cleggy too, great performance

Hubble was the performance of the day today for me, superb strength and endurance in all events

Boyahm once again proved what a beast he is, very little training but awesoem performance

Finally Hixxy, they guy is very strong and VERY fast, noone was anywhere near him on the medley, great work mate

Was happy to see the Bull pull quite a few PBs out of the bag too, definitely a man for the big comp
hixxy1985Icon...12-04-2010 @ 14:57 
Avatar
www.grahamhicks.co.uk
Member 994, 9594 posts
SQ 330, BP 250, DL 405
985.0 kgs @ 135kgs UnEq
JC said:Superbly run comp once again, so a huge thanks to Ben, Tony, JT and crew

Chuffed to bits for my training buddys Robbo & Millsy, all the hard work they have put it last few weeks paid dividends, both were extremley consistent

Huge congrats to Cleggy too, great performance

Hubble was the performance of the day today for me, superb strength and endurance in all events

Boyahm once again proved what a beast he is, very little training but awesoem performance

Finally Hixxy, they guy is very strong and VERY fast, noone was anywhere near him on the medley, great work mate

Was happy to see the Bull pull quite a few PBs out of the bag too, definitely a man for the big comp


thanks for that mate - was so nervous going into it but happy to win an event on my debut. sorry you didnt make top 7, I think your a top competitor and hope this only makes you more determined to come back stronger!!!!!
kevIcon...12-04-2010 @ 16:22 
Avatar
u75kg World Powerlifting Champion.
Member 601, 3067 posts
SQ 222.5, BP 177.5, DL 272.5
672.5 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
i thought it was a great comp from a spectators point of view, i enjoyed every event. some fantastic performances in there, every f**ker balls to the wall.

guys that stood out for me were millsy, he was f**king class.
hubble, a very mature performance for someone so young. his performance didnt surprise me as i knew he had that in him but it was a pleasure to watch him deliver.
i thought sam and marsdon did really well.
obviously mark was immense on the static stuff as he was always going to be but he showed how far hes come by doing well in the medley. his recovery between events has come on leaps and bounds.

awesome mc work from ben, keeping the crowd informed of absolutely everything going on all day long. it makes a big difference to a comp for the spectators.

12345678910 ... ... 6465666768697071727374

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions