REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 139 guests
You are here: HomeForumJimmyCobblers → View All Posts

View All Posts: JimmyCobblers

» Squat critique needed (Go to post)08-10-2014 @ 09:13 
As above really.

Is that BodyFX gym?
» Scott Mendelson pec tear - holy shit (Go to post)08-03-2014 @ 20:06 
Christ. What is it exactly that causes it to bruise all over like that?
» couple vids form today last vids shoulders press watch guys this is denger (Go to post)04-03-2014 @ 20:31 
f**k. Could have been real nasty that.
» Train deadlift morning standing 10cm platform 230 260 280kg (Go to post)28-01-2014 @ 15:35 
I reckon if you sank your hips, concentrated on "pushing" off the floor with your legs(quads in particular) and looked forward you wouldn't hitch as much. I think your back is strong enough as it is, it's just you're using mainly back power to get it going and then you need to reposition yourself via hitching to get it locked out. There are couple of good videos of Graham Hicks doing platform deadlifts demonstrating what I mean . They helped me refine my technique a little and hit 280, I think they'd help you too.

Anyway, this is all IMO and I feel a cheeky nob for advising people stronger than me. Grin
» Gyms in Coventry? (Go to post)12-12-2013 @ 18:25 
Sorry to go OT, but Adam F did you train at CF Coventry the other Sunday?
» Belts for the portly gentleman (Go to post)18-11-2013 @ 11:14 
Jabba said:Where is this comp? If it's the NW PL comp on 1sr December, I'll bring along my Strengthshop lever belt if you haven't got yourself fixed up before that.

Hi, thanks for the offer, very kind of you. Unfortunately, it's Worcestershire's strongest novice comp.

How the hell do you manage to get into 44's at 150 I struggle like f**k to get my arse and legs into 44's at 120

As for belt if your planning in loosing weight by a strengths hop if you are sticking at that weight get yourself a Titan they last a lift time

Maybe it's just how I wear my trousers, but my weight is around my stomach. Imagine typical pub drinker with a overhanging gut....

I've lost a bit of weight this year and intend to carry on so might just wait till I can get into a Strength Shop one.

If you're wanting a belt to go up to a 52 mate I'd go for an inzer forever lever belt from America. I know it's an expensive option but being a lever you can get it tight, plus you can change its size around you. I've a strength shop one XXL and it won't go to 52"

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd have ordered from them normally but with two young kids and xmas around the corner I can't justify getting a loan from Wonga to get Daddy a new belt lol..

Cheers for the replies everyone, I don't think I can get one to fit, cheap enough and to me in time. Not sure if it's wise to do a strongman comp without one but I train beltless anyway so maybe itll be ok for one day??
» Best strength coaches in history ? (Go to post)15-11-2013 @ 19:55 
Mehdi Grin
» Belts for the portly gentleman (Go to post)15-11-2013 @ 19:16 
I used to be called Jacko as in jacamo... Lol yes years of crap eating and sedentary lifestyle have taken their toll... Unhappy

Bertie, I wear 44-46 inch trousers/jeans but as I'll need a powerlifting belt to go round my gut will need something like 52". I've seen a belt around this size but didn't want to risk getting it then having to send it back.
» Belts for the portly gentleman (Go to post)15-11-2013 @ 17:50 
Hi all,

I'm in need of a 4xl PL style belt, preferably double pronged. Anyone know of any places? Ideally uk based as I've got my first competition coming up in a couple of weeks. Cheers.
» Midland strongman training (Go to post)06-10-2013 @ 21:05 
Hi all,
Can anyone point me in the direction of any strongman training groups/gyms in the midlands ?
Cheers
» Chester Strongman Competition August 2014 (Go to post)06-10-2013 @ 20:09 
Hi, I'd like to enter.
Michael Martin, 0 comps, novice. Cheers.
You are here: HomeForumJimmyCobblers → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions