REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 241 guests
You are here: HomeForumDrManhattan → View All Posts

View All Posts: DrManhattan

» Squat Problems (Go to post)29-06-2010 @ 16:14 
baldy said:
No, have been training on and off for about 2 years properly. I am 6ft2in, always use that as an excuse for squats Happy

Lol I'd like to use that one but after seeing a video of jesse marunde squatting 180 or more for 20 reps I don't think I could, he was taller than us I think.
» Squat Problems (Go to post)29-06-2010 @ 16:12 
dan302 said:mark rippetoe has a Q&A forum on startingstrength.com, might be worth you posting a squat video on there or on here to let people check your form?

Didn't know about that site, cheers for that mate.
» Squat Problems (Go to post)29-06-2010 @ 16:10 
Col_Austin said:
Why would you only want to warm-up with it? Presumably your inward-moving knee problem is most accute on your working sets.
You'll need to cut the weight back to a point where your knee does not move inwards, add the band and train progressively for several weeks until you've strengthened your abductors. I don't buy this 'I physically can't get it to point out' excuse. If you cannot maintain good form, the weight is too heavy for you.
Isn't having an arse like the Elephant Man's face enough of an incentive for you to put your ego in check, drop the weights and sort this out?

The "I physically can't get it to point out" is when I do any single leg work, its not an excuse, if I push it with my hand my foot rolls onto its side.
» Squat Problems (Go to post)29-06-2010 @ 14:26 
baldy said:
Thanks, that pretty much describes my lifts. Eek

Lol sorry mate, bet you've been training less than me. How tall are you? I'm 6ft 1in
» Squat Problems (Go to post)29-06-2010 @ 13:59 
OdiousSlob said:How does one know when ones arse cheeks are different sizes? Does one have to use a gasket when taking a s**t?

My gf pointed it out, probably shouldn't have said it on here tbh lol
» Squat Problems (Go to post)29-06-2010 @ 13:57 
Col_Austin said:
Squat with less weight and try a mini-band around your knees. This will force you to force you knees out against some resistance, which will help to strengthen your abductors.
Stop doing one leg squats, as it sounds like you're not strong enough to do them with perfect form. Try one leg leg press instead.
I would suggest Botox or Synthol to address the disturbing issue of your asymmetric arse cheeks in the meantime.

I'll have to get hold of a mini band and do that, would doing it on my warm up sets be enough?
» Squat Problems (Go to post)29-06-2010 @ 13:46 
b_rex said:Foam roll the s**t out of your IT band and if that's the problem, it will help a lot.

Recently got a foam roller and doing my it band hurts like hell, I'll keep it up altho I don't understand how it would be my it band as its on the outside of my leg and its my leg turning inwards but i'm not too savvy with the way its all put together so I could be wrong.
» Squat Problems (Go to post)29-06-2010 @ 12:10 
WILLSAN said:cant you use your mental control of sub atomic particles to reassemble and strengthen your knee? Confused
lol I wish.
» Squat Problems (Go to post)29-06-2010 @ 11:27 
Hi guys, first post so I'll introduce myself. I've been training like a pussy for a couple of years and am now getting serious. My best lifts are 130 squat, 105 bench and 170 dead. Considering I weigh 95kg its pretty s**t. I've started a starting strength program recently and as I'm squatting more now I've noticed a problem with my right knee. When I squat it turns inwards, I've been told a few things like its weak adductor's or a tight it band and that I'm not pushing my knees out enough when I squat. When I squat I push my knees out as much as I can but can't get my right knee out as much as my left and when I do one leg squats my left knee stays pointing forward and my right knee turns inwards and I physically can't get it to point out. Because of this my right ass cheek is bigger than the left one, its pretty annoying. Any help would be appreciated guys, ta.
You are here: HomeForumDrManhattan → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions