REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 196 guests

Anyone tried Jonnie Candito Linear program?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Strength_MMIconAnyone tried Jonnie Candito Linear program?25-10-2016 @ 14:40 
Member 6125, 17 posts
Post Edited: 25.10.2016 @ 14:40 PM by Strength_MM
I think I am gonna start following Jonnie Candito Linear program. It looks good and since the Stronglifts 5x5 doesn't seem to work for me, i guess this will as this is aimed towards the more experienced beginners. It seems to have more assistance work and a bit higher volume. Has anyone else tried it? If so what was the progress?
AdamTIcon...25-10-2016 @ 15:29 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
No but his 6 week programme is good.
rahsharIcon...27-10-2016 @ 01:25 
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la
Member 6010, 74 posts
Post Edited: 27.10.2016 @ 01:26 AM by rahshar
Strength_MM said:I think I am gonna start following Jonnie Candito Linear program. It looks good and since the Stronglifts 5x5 doesn't seem to work for me, i guess this will as this is aimed towards the more experienced beginners. It seems to have more assistance work and a bit higher volume. Has anyone else tried it? If so what was the progress?

Hi there, I actually ran the programme for 12 weeks before exams and after had to take a break from training with my 5am-10pm internship which also dragged into the weekend. I believe its one of the best powerlifting programmes out there and even a more experienced lifter will benefit I imagine if they want to take a break from block periodisation/% based programmes. My log contains posts when I was running the routine, I made great, steady progress which is expected from a beginner. Sadly, I haven't gone back to it due to starting fresh again with training and somewhat wanting to do full body routines.

Looking back I would say alternating between hypertrophy and control versions of the programme was a smart decision, don't even be afraid of mix-matching it in my opinion for different lifts. On the heavy days, the goal is the main lifts - you train the entire weak to increment on these lifts but also don't forget if your not ready, you can do the same weight again as well. Otherwise the programme really doesn't have any major flaws, I would give a good read on the online pdf Happy
Strength_MMIcon...28-10-2016 @ 14:15 
Member 6125, 17 posts
Thanks for the replies man. I am trying it out. Lets see what happens
StevenFattyIcon...28-10-2016 @ 15:14 
My name is Steven , I am a fatty.
Member 6048, 393 posts
Make sure you use good technique mate....don't go breaking your body following a fancy power lifting technique with bad technique.

I would guess his routine is ok.

At the beginning of your lifting career, don't get too obsessed with routines...it doesn't matter too much at the start. The main thing you need to be concentrating on is training with good form/technique. Gradually building up weight with caution. When you've got 6 months to a year of lifting with good technique, you will be ready to do something a bit more complicated.

However, if you do go for the Candito routine....enjoy it, but remember not to push it too far and hurt yourself.
Strength_MMIcon...28-10-2016 @ 23:08 
Member 6125, 17 posts
Okay. I will put more emphasis on form. Thanks for pointing it out. I realised that I got too interested in the numbers which might have led to poor form. I will focus more on technique. Thanks for the help.
TerminatorIcon...29-10-2016 @ 09:09 
jerking is obviously great,
Member 2521, 4714 posts
SQ 235, BP 160, DL 290
685.0 kgs @ 111kgs UnEq
AdamT said:No but his 6 week programme is good.

Did loads for my squat and even managed to nudge my bench and deadlift up which have been quite stubborn to improve
AdamTIcon...29-10-2016 @ 10:37 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
Terminator said:
Did loads for my squat and even managed to nudge my bench and deadlift up which have been quite stubborn to improve

It's a good program. I like the volume weeks.

Going to run it for a few cycles again..

Sticking to a program is my weakness. But I do like the simplicity and work load of Canditos.
StevenFattyIcon...29-10-2016 @ 13:18 
My name is Steven , I am a fatty.
Member 6048, 393 posts
Post Edited: 29.10.2016 @ 13:20 PM by StevenFatty
Hey man, still go for the Candito program if you want....just don't follow it blindly...if you body is telling you its too much, listen to it. It is always better to do less rather than too much. If you could hear my knees cracking and popping..you would believe me....that was caused by heavy squats and deadlifts...my muscles were strong enough but y joints weren't ready for it...I increased the weight too quickly over a period of weeks and it tore my cartilage in both knees. And I was already an experienced lifter when I made that mistake....I let my ego take control of my judgement.
AdamTIcon...30-10-2016 @ 20:08 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
Post Edited: 30.10.2016 @ 20:08 PM by AdamT
Just started the 6 week program again.

Squats 4x6 152.5
Deadlift 2x6 185

Sore today. Definitely a good program. Squats were quite easy. Deadlifts a bit hard. Never been the creates repper.

Any intermediates wanting a program, try it.

You strong f**kers that total 700 plus, just stick to what you're doing! Lol
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions