REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitClean to Front Squat ratio

Clean to Front Squat ratio

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

130 cl 140 fs
185 clean, 192.5 Front squat, 96%
120 powerclean

180 front squat.
given that they should be pretty close, is there much point in doing alot of fs in training? is it more beneficial to just do cleans?
Just remembered it was a 205kg front squat now and a 165kg power clean

Just had a hard think about my wall and remembered the markings
WILLSAN said:given that they should be pretty close, is there much point in doing alot of fs in training? is it more beneficial to just do cleans?

Depends on the individual for obvious reasons but in the main it's better if the lifter squats often and does lots full movements Grin
Currently 120 power clean, 155 fs -> 77%
160 power clean, 162.5 full clean, 200 front squat. I should clean more but my jerk is s**t so why bother....
haha, just to be different, i suppose

100 clean, 70fs - 143% !!

not that i bother with fs, (or worry about my cleans that much coz my press is so shi-ite) just do the odd fs while doing push press
IrishMarc
Post Edited: 04.05.2013 @ 00:50 AM by IrishMarc
135/192.5

70%
130/165 78%
Gingy
131 to 147.5 87%
slimsim
Currently about 132.5:170 ~78% I definitely have a weak pull compared to my squat though hence the percentages being crap!
In my lifting career I was worth a 90% return on my front squat .

These days I need a much bigger Fronty to get the return - around 80% but I'm old and rusty .
Funnily enough was talking to Giles Greenwood about this today, the coach at my gym. His pb clean and jerk of 207.5 was done with a 220 front squat (and 232.5 back squat!). efficient or what. He may have even cleaned more than the 207 in training but I didn't ask.

I'd estimate my full clean to be about 90. haven't really trained them that much. My best power clean is 85 and I was doing full cleans on 70 today fairly easily, hence where I got the 90 from. Best front squat is 120ish so I'd be about 75%. Again, haven't trained them in ages though.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitClean to Front Squat ratio
Return to top View Desktop Site