Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsEngland's Strongest Man Final 2013 & JNR's.Qualify to UK's Final in Belfast

England's Strongest Man Final 2013 & JNR's.Qualify to UK's Final in Belfast

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Sounds good. Looking forward to vids. Happy
Great battle between me and Eddie today, really pleased with my performance. I heard that he was competing about an hour before it kicked off, at that stage I figured 1st place was a foregone conclusion!

I'm sure he wasn't quite 100% after the last 2 weeks, but he's off to WSM next month so delighted to be mixing it with him.

First time i've ever known a comp to be equal on points AND countback! Think we both had 3 event wins, a 2nd and two 5ths!

Was a very high standard today, well done to everyone that's qualified to compete in Belfast.
Mark
Well done Ben, an excellent result Happy

For those who weren't there it was stupidly hot, doing a comp in that heat will never be easy for anyone!
Well that didn't go completely to plan!

Hot hot day today and turned up feeling confident. Truck arm over arm was switched for truck push and I struggled to get it going. Finished 11th with all the times really close.

Log was changed to 140kg for reps and I stupidly decided to go for power jerks to save energy. Was aiming for 3 but the uneven ground f**ked me up and got 0 reps. Thought I was f**ked at this point. 1 rep would have got me 7 points.

Deadlift for max went a lot better. Pulled the opener of 300 and then took a gamble and skipped 320. Nice 340 pull then skipped 350 to save my energy for a 360. The 360 went up well. Failed the 370, was a bit of too much of a jump for my brain. Came 3rd.

Conans went ok. Messed up my arm placement a bit (too close to end) and it was slipping but managed to hang on to get 3rd place.

Stones. Really disappointed with stones. The stones f**k up began with my spider tack not turning up on time in the post so had to borrow some "light" stuff. Not too good in the heat it turns out as I threw up 4 stones in 17sec but the 175 kept slipping. Wanted the win here but never mind. As it goes I got a text just after the stones to say the tacky had been delivered hahaha Roll-Eyes

Going into the farmers 3 of us were in joint 6th on 30 points so I knew what I had to do. Took it steady to make sure. Finished in 20sec to take 2nd place in farmers.

Finished 5th overall and qualified for Uks. Lots went wrong today so very happy to managed to scrap through. will draw a line under that performance and get on with Uks prep, 6 training weeks to go...

Well done to all involved in the comp for surviving the heat! Cool
Qualification is what matters Bish. Take your awesomeness to the final

Also well done to Ben K, Beast.
BigT
My write up:

https://www.facebook.com/TomShawStrongman
Well done sugden boys
Great to see Ben and Bish off to UKs!
iceman68
Was Luke injured or was there hell of a good Field
iceman68
Was Luke injured or was there hell of a good Field
I just got home after this yesterday. that heat was unreal to try and compete in!
Finished 6th in my first ESM so cant be too disappointed! invite to the UK's too. f**k knows how I did that, performances in the first 4 events were s**t!!

Ben and Ed's battle for 1st was epic!

And if anyone on here responsible for nicking my long orange foam roller id like it back. Grin
mikex101 said:I just got home after this yesterday. that heat was unreal to try and compete in!
Finished 6th in my first ESM so cant be too disappointed! invite to the UK's too. f**k knows how I did that, performances in the first 4 events were s**t!!

And if anyone on here responsible for nicking my long orange foam roller id like it back. Grin

Well done Big Mike. Be good to see you compete on't telly. Cool
DanCave
mikex101 said:I just got home after this yesterday. that heat was unreal to try and compete in!

i have your foam roller and your never getting it back so there Tongue well done mate! back in gym tues we have stuff to work on!

think craig wasnt the only one suffering from sun damage yesterday! sure the oxygen is different that far down the country!! i went in with intention of simply qualifying and done just that. wasnt planning on having to pull a heavy deadlift which i was slightly annoyed about as three comps with max deadlift in 6 weeks is no good for my glass back! think i was good for more but happy to of left it at that.....
DanCave said:
i have your foam roller and your never getting it back so there Tongue well done mate! back in gym tues we have stuff to work on!
think craig wasnt the only one suffering from sun damage yesterday! sure the oxygen is different that far down the country!! i went in with intention of simply qualifying and done just that. wasnt planning on having to pull a heavy deadlift which i was slightly annoyed about as three comps with max deadlift in 6 weeks is no good for my glass back! think i was good for more but happy to of left it at that.....

Lots too work on but you guys have a strong starting point and it will be a new game in ireland! That was just the first battle now win the war
Mark
Glass back pulling 300+ consistently... doesnt sound very glass like to me Tongue

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsEngland's Strongest Man Final 2013 & JNR's.Qualify to UK's Final in Belfast
Return to top View Desktop Site