Who's Online - 1 member and 151 guests

Medial tricep pop/tearing pain

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Bobbypalmer59IconMedial tricep pop/tearing pain18-05-2015 @ 22:09 
Member 5609, 294 posts
SQ 225, BP 0, DL 0
225.0 kgs @ 91kgs UnEq
Hello guys,

2 weeks ago whilst benching I felt a tearing/ping/pop (i dunno what the fu it was) in my right medial tricep. Immediately following that the pain came back when I attempted a press up. I felt nothing for the 10 days that followed and deloaded in that week anyway. Today, however, I felt minimal power in my overhead press and after moving onto incline bench the same thing occurred on the first rep of my last set.

The pain begins right at the bottom portion of the press off the chest and then my tricep seems to just shut down. Luckily I had a spotter or I would have ended up with a nice bruised rib cage and gut rolling it down myself.

My training is as follows

Monday-
Overhead press
Incline
Heavy dips

Tuesday-
Deadlift
Paused squat
Heavy Chins
Abs

Thursday-
Competition Bench
Push press
Light/Bodyweight dips
Chins

Saturday-
Squat
Sumo deadlift
Some poem of high rep leg exercise
Chins
Abs

At the moment since the incident about 6 hours ago it has been through the full RICE system about 6 times along with brufen and plenty water. There is now no pain at all when moving my forearm or flexion/extension.

Any suggestions on what's going on? I've never had this before and I'm unsure what it is and the interwebs is quite vague other then rest it, which is fine but I'd like to know abit more on prehab/rehab of this issue.

Apologies for the long post!
BillytheoldIcon...19-05-2015 @ 02:45 
Sugdens crazy old person.
Member 4936, 7288 posts
SQ 270, BP 155, DL 270
695.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
I would try to repair it with light kettlebell. Lay on floor and bench one arm at a time to chest using tricep. Light weight and I rep on that glitch part. It should eventually fix that weak spot unless it's worse than you know
Bobbypalmer59Icon...19-05-2015 @ 13:10 
Member 5609, 294 posts
SQ 225, BP 0, DL 0
225.0 kgs @ 91kgs UnEq
Ok sure thing, Thursday's session will just be light work then and I'll try them. I'm guessing that movement should be done for high reps. Cheers
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions